Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,409 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 19, 2010, 07:59:30 PM
What's wrong with seeing a pregnant women explode with aliens?
Oh, nothing, nothing.
Doom, are you a human whatsoever? Just wondering, because that scene would be disgusting for pretty much every human being on planet earth which would look at it. Seriously. I am a human and yes, I get disgusted to see another human, a woman, pregnant, in the most wonderful moment of her life, getting faceraped and then going boom. It's disgusting, gory, and seriously fetishism smelling. End of.

/rant

Unless you were joking... ;D in that case I'm sorry!

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 19, 2010, 08:04:54 PM
Oh, nothing, nothing.
Doom, are you a human whatsoever? Just wondering, because that scene would be disgusting for pretty much every human being on planet earth which would look at it. Seriously. I am a human and yes, I get disgusted to see another human, a woman, pregnant, in the most wonderful moment of her life, getting faceraped and then going boom. It's disgusting, gory, and seriously fetishism smelling. End of.

/rant

You expected the aliens to leave her alone or what?  I actualy enjoyed seeing it because it showed that the aliens will kill you no matter who you are.

Keg

Keg

Personally i think AVPR is the most brutal, sadistic, outwardly gory and violent film of the lot, yet it feels the most childish and pathetic. I feel the same way as 08yeyinde does. It's unnecessary and it reeks of a couple of idiot fan boys sitting in a room, pissed as farts, coming up with the most shocking things they can think of involving the aliens and predators just because they think its cool. It aint cool, it isnt scary, it isnt shocking, its flat out disgusting and insulting to horror fans to think we are all morons and thats what we must want in a gory film. Knackers the pair of them.

And SamHain no we wouldnt expect the aliens to leave her alone. Killing a pregnant woman would have been shocking enough, but they then kill a whole maternity ward full of them, as well as their babies in the most repulsive fashion ever. Hostel or Saw this aint. Its a childish and pathetic attempt to shock but for most people it just disgusted and annoyed them by stooping so low to get a reaction for the sake of it.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Let's take a theme from Alien,but unlike Alien,bash it over everyone's head.

"Hey,it looks cool,let's film it."

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

It could have been done much more tastefully and effectively. Instead of out-and-out showing us exactly what happened, it being implied would have been better.

Keg

Keg

The more I think about it, the dafter it gets as well. Why does it only work on pregnant women? Why cant it impregnate normal humans that way? Pretty stupid way of reproducing if you aint got pregnant women handy. Which brings me to my next point. It comes across the pregnant lady in the diner and face rapes her. Fair enough thats coincidence. But then it just so happens to stumble across a maternity ward full of pregnant women....just what it needs? Come on, thats a coincidence too far. Could it smell the thick stench of pregnancy, did it ask the woman in the diner for directions before it face raped her, did it follow road signs to the hospital? HOW THE f**k DID IT KNOW. Its far too huge a coincidence and its too big of a suspension of belief for me to accept it.

It literally is in the film for the sole purpose that somebody thought it would be a cool idea. There was no thought as to how it could work or make sense at all.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

With my comment, I meant a facehugger getting a kid or pregnant woman. The multiburster thing cannot be forgiven.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 19, 2010, 08:04:54 PM
Oh, nothing, nothing.

/rant

I wasn't. It's a movie; ergo anyone is up for grabs. And I'm rather confident an Alien wouldn't discriminate against anyone. It won't look at a Jew and say "Poor people have suffered for so long throughout history, I should probably leave that curly haired man alone".

SM

SM

It's not children and pregnant women being attacked by Aliens (same thing must've happend in Aliens obviously).  It's how it's portrayed on screen.

SiL

SiL

It's offensive not for its content, but its execution.

If you're going to have kids and pregnant women dying, f**king go all-out. Don't pussy-foot it, don't go half-assed, and don't make it seem tacky.

The kid going 'groan cough cough chestburster' is f**king insulting. It's killing a kid for the sake of killing a kid. It doesn't add anything to the film, it's not given the weight it deserves, it's just a thing that happens so the directors can talk their film up.

Same with the pregnant women. If that's the way you're going to go, make it the scene that makes people walk out. Go for broke on it. Make it the most horrible, gut-wrenching scene possible.

Not some f**king lame gore-centric throw-away at the ass-end of the film trying to maintain the audience's waning interest.

SM

SM

Why not make it a proper chestburster that pops out during childbirth?  Baby survives - mother doesn't.  The midwife tries to keep the baby alive for the rest of the film, but ultimately after spending a long time crying - it just stops and we slowly realise that it's dead and her efforts have been for naught.

I've trying to figure out why the kids death never worked (it was too dark to see the pregnant women), and I think SiL nailed it.  There's no weight to it.  It's just arbitrary.  You could argue that Newt's death was as well, but her autopsy was pretty full on - sans gore.

SiL

SiL

Kid should've been rolling on the ground screaming and flailing like Kane, calling out for his mother, and the scene should've been all but unbearable to watch. Cos if you're gonna kill the kid, f**king kill the kid good.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: SiL on Apr 20, 2010, 01:05:19 AM
Kid should've been rolling on the ground screaming and flailing like Kane, calling out for his mother, and the scene should've been all but unbearable to watch. Cos if you're gonna kill the kid, f**king kill the kid good.

This movie could never do this.

'cause the flipper bug monsters are going to be destroyed by the rastafarian space hunter anyway.

SiL

SiL

Exactly. So it never should have tried.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Apr 20, 2010, 12:48:36 AM
It's offensive not for its content, but its execution.

If you're going to have kids and pregnant women dying, f**king go all-out. Don't pussy-foot it, don't go half-assed, and don't make it seem tacky.

The kid going 'groan cough cough chestburster' is f**king insulting. It's killing a kid for the sake of killing a kid. It doesn't add anything to the film, it's not given the weight it deserves, it's just a thing that happens so the directors can talk their film up.

Same with the pregnant women. If that's the way you're going to go, make it the scene that makes people walk out. Go for broke on it. Make it the most horrible, gut-wrenching scene possible.

Not some f**king lame gore-centric throw-away at the ass-end of the film trying to maintain the audience's waning interest.

Fair enough.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed