Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,155 times)

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: Mikey on Apr 16, 2008, 07:31:36 AM
I even heard from a few people, that it totally reminded them of Aliens, and Predator 1.

The style of the creatures was much more similar to Predator & Aliens than it has been recently in my opinion. It even brought back memories of those films for me, which was one of the main reasons I liked it.

Sure the actual quality of the film may not have been up to par in comparison with those masterpieces, but the music, sound effects & creatures were very reminiscent of the good old days of the A/P franchises.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Stalker on Apr 16, 2008, 08:07:41 AM
I even heard from a few people, that it totally reminded them of Aliens, and Predator 1.

The style of the creatures was much more similar to Predator & Aliens than it has been recently in my opinion. It even brought back memories of those films for me, which was one of the main reasons I liked it.

Sure the actual quality of the film may not have been up to par in comparison with those masterpieces, but the music, sound effects & creatures were very reminiscent of the good old days of the A/P franchises.

I see what you mean, I know I am just far FAR more critical than them haha.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It even brought back memories of those films for me which was one of the main reasons I liked it.

I argee with you. I like the movie that most because it was a action thriller just like Aliens and Predator where. The acting was bit bad (I seen worst) and the movie was too dark but it still a good movie. I can't wait to get the director cut of the movie.

Cellien

Cellien

I think you're right.  In a sense of nostalgia, it may have triggered something in casual fans.  Unfortunately, I saw right through that and found an awfully made film. 

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Cellien on Apr 16, 2008, 05:08:51 PM

I think you're right.  In a sense of nostalgia, it may have triggered something in casual fans.  Unfortunately, I saw right through that and found an awfully made film. 

It sucks being slightly obsessed. :'(

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: severen76 on Apr 16, 2008, 05:23:28 PM
Quote from: Cellien on Apr 16, 2008, 05:08:51 PM

It sucks being slightly obsessed. :'(

Or just die-hard fans. :)

...yeah ok obsessed.  :(

severen76

severen76

The first step is admitting you have a problem. :D

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

But... We also sold out of In The Name of the King also...

Are you kidding me? Who the hell wants to see that?

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Apr 16, 2008, 06:19:30 PM

These people:
http://www.bollfans.com/

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cellien on Apr 16, 2008, 06:25:47 PM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Apr 16, 2008, 06:19:30 PM

These people:
http://www.bollfans.com/

Wow...just...wow :|

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

But the majority far outweighs the Boll fans. It's like an Asylum movie selling out at Best Buy.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Well I work at Best Buy haha, that is where we sold out.
I couldn't believe it.
And I wish we sold Asylum at my store, I would laugh so hard if one of their films sold out.
And I would recommend those movies to customers I just can't stand...

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Apr 16, 2008, 06:38:51 PM
But the majority far outweighs the Boll fans. It's like an Asylum movie selling out at Best Buy.

Yeah I was only kidding.. I have no clue who would buy that movie.  It has Statham in it so it's possible people looking for a good blind buy action movie picked it up... Boy I feel for them...

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

One person I know told me he saw and liked it. I asked what he liked about it. He said it reminded him of Aliens.

Another kid (I saw the film with him) said with a grin "That was brutal!"

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Alienseseses on Apr 16, 2008, 07:21:06 PM
One person I know told me he saw and liked it. I asked what he liked about it. He said it reminded him of Aliens.

Another kid (I saw the film with him) said with a grin "That was brutal!"

Umm...cool? Should I give a thumbs up? Hey, that's expected though because they're the target-audience.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed