CA's Alien Design: Yay or Nay?

Started by gabgrave, Jan 27, 2014, 03:42:47 PM

How do you feel about the Alien design in Isolation?

I like it
69 (63.3%)
I don't like it
14 (12.8%)
If looks like an Alien, walks like an Alien, its an Alien
26 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author
CA's Alien Design: Yay or Nay? (Read 8,225 times)

Darth Rinzler

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: SM on Mar 03, 2014, 10:32:54 PM
Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Mar 03, 2014, 07:02:42 PM
NAY NAY NAY!!!!!!

They claim they are making the alien more dangerous in this game than in ACM.   UTTER BS!!!

I would like to see them explain how ONE ALIEN WILL FAIL TO KILL ONE NEARLLY UNARMED HUMAN FOR 8-12 HOURS!!!!

What about a completely unarmed little girl surviving for several weeks?

They werent hunting Newt until the Marines showed up, most the aliens were also in hibernation as well.  The one in this game is fixed on your character.

I would take one of any type of Ranger Alien from ACM over this loser from AI any day.   Amanda would be dead in a heart beat.

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Mar 04, 2014, 05:27:57 PM
Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Mar 04, 2014, 05:24:13 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 03, 2014, 08:29:57 PM
Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Mar 03, 2014, 07:02:42 PM
I would like to see them explain how ONE ALIEN WILL FAIL TO KILL ONE NEARLLY UNARMED HUMAN FOR 8-12 HOURS!!!!

That's basically the story of every alien movie...

Except the alien is constantly killing other characters.  In the case of this game from the sceneros shown its just you.  And you easily hid from it behind a table or locker.  The aliens have senory organs that would have detected her except Kanes son apparently.  Lets be real the alien is probably Kanes Son...

Ummmm.. no that's really stupid & the Space station is full of people as well as you having brought your own crew.

Give me a refrence where it shows the alien killing other people.  I have red two articles with two diffrent levels and it just had your character and the alien.  ref USA XBOX mag and Computer gamer.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

You're being a moron.

The Space Station is full of people other than Amanda, as well as her crew and Working Joes.
It's the equivalent of Morse outsmarting the Runner in Alien3.

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Mar 04, 2014, 05:35:09 PM
You're being a moron.

The Space Station is full of people other than Amanda, as well as her crew and Working Joes.
It's the equivalent of Morse outsmarting the Runner in Alien3.

Give me a refrence.  Even IF  "IF" she is on a space station with lots of people the fact still stands she is hunted by this thing alot for hours and she escapes it UNARMED alot of the time.

Any alien from ACM would murder the player in AI unless they are playing the game on earler model game systems.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Yeah because Ripley or Morse didn't do the same.

If that's your attitude your already not worth arguing with.
A waste of time.

ikarop

ikarop

Let's try to be respectful, The1PerfectOrganism. No need to resort to insults to have a discussion.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 04, 2014, 07:03:00 PM
Let's try to be respectful, The1PerfectOrganism. No need to resort to insults to have a discussion.

That's why I've decided not to have discussions with trolls.

ikarop

ikarop

You're not helping by calling someone you disagree with a troll or a moron. You will receive a warning if you follow this path again so please avoid resorting to that.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

It's my opinion that he's a moron.

It's a fact that he's been asking the same questions over and over, I'm mistaken if that's not trolling.
And I've put him on the Ignore list so there's nothing to worry about.

Darth Rinzler

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Mar 04, 2014, 06:30:35 PM
Yeah because Ripley or Morse didn't do the same.

If that's your attitude your already not worth arguing with.
A waste of time.

No they didnt do the same thing with Ripley or Morse.  Kanes Son killed whoever it wanted to kill, the Doggy always killed whoever it wanted to kill to.  The only reason Ripley survived was because it cared about its own life and escaped into the escape boat.  It later felt attracted to her and desided to watch her.  After pissing it off the only reason she didnt die was because the Alien was sucked out and then blasted away.

In Morse case the Alien choose to eat the guy in front of AND for a sec desided to protect the queen over killing him.

Theses aliens had legit reasons for not killing these people because they were busy saving themselves or protecting other aliens OR killing the people infront of them.

In the two example playthroughs I have red its just Amanda AND Kanes Son.  She hides from it behind a table DESPITE the fact aliens have super hearing and smelling capabilities, have the ability to see their prey through objects, as well as being able to see the preys thoughts emontional state threat or nothreat capabilities.  Yet here this f**ktard in AI gets fooled by a person hiding in a locker...?  Something similar like that event happend in ACMSI but at least that Alien killed another person hiding in a locker that was more a threat to that Warriors existance than you were in that game.

I keep asking you for a refrence and yet you do not give me any...    All I got is the Xbox mag and Computer gaming as a refrence and they dont talk about the alien hunting you and other people at the same time.  Your character is by themselves...

SpaceMarines

I like the design. Not exactly like the original, but whatever. Love how huge they've made it. I can understand why they changed the legs; I think the plantigrade legs would've worked too, but if the designers disagree, I won't argue.

For me, the crux of Giger's design is the translucent dome, which is wonderfully present in this design. So, yeah, I'm happy with it.

Jango1201

Jango1201

I have to see the game legs in action in order to judge. could never really see the legs in the films while they were running around except for very brief shots, which was not enough for me to care.

Mus

Mus

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Mar 04, 2014, 07:17:00 PM
She hides from it behind a table DESPITE the fact aliens have super hearing and smelling capabilities, have the ability to see their prey through objects, as well as being able to see the preys thoughts emontional state threat or nothreat capabilities

Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall the devs saying something like that they're basically ignoring everything except the first movie, so all that comic book fluff and other stuff doesn't really impact this game, it's a self contained universe. Except I guess the got the protagonist from Aliens but anyway

SM

SM

QuoteThey werent hunting Newt until the Marines showed up, most the aliens were also in hibernation as well.

Unfounded speculation, and ultimately irrevelant.

QuoteIt later felt attracted to her and desided to watch her.

Unfounded speculation and what?

QuoteYour character is by themselves...

There are obviously other people on the station.  A short test level isn't a true indication of the game as a whole.

The Alien should be able to hear the tracker beeping, but CA has said it can't as a gameplay concession.  Trackers that beep really loudly is a pretty dopey idea - but they're in the films too.

Darth Rinzler

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: Mus on Mar 05, 2014, 03:09:16 AM
Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Mar 04, 2014, 07:17:00 PM
She hides from it behind a table DESPITE the fact aliens have super hearing and smelling capabilities, have the ability to see their prey through objects, as well as being able to see the preys thoughts emontional state threat or nothreat capabilities

Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall the devs saying something like that they're basically ignoring everything except the first movie, so all that comic book fluff and other stuff doesn't really impact this game, it's a self contained universe. Except I guess the got the protagonist from Aliens but anyway

That could be true but this causes a major major MAJOR issue with credibility of the Alien.  Like I said I thing this is Kanes Son, he has been drifting through space for awhile and ran into this space station or he was brought to it.  They better make it that he is badly damaged in some way because they are doing here by having him easily tricked is very terrible.

I am more or less ticked off with their bashing of Acm in just about every paragraph in the magazines about their game A.I.  Yet that game lore wise has done some really good things that make them a real cosmic threat, besides the things scott said about their function to clean the universe of life, or other sources showing them adapting very quickly to any type of threat.

QuoteThey werent hunting Newt until the Marines showed up, most the aliens were also in hibernation as well.

Quote from: SM on Mar 05, 2014, 03:23:58 AM
Unfounded speculation, and ultimately irrevelant.

No its not unfounded or irrelevant.  They showed the condition of the hive when the Marines went into looking for survivors, it was dead until they killed a chestburster.  From then on the Aliens were hunting the humans in force, and in addition to that the hive was then on guard.

QuoteIt later felt attracted to her and desided to watch her.

Unfounded speculation and what?

Ridley Scott said that the Alien was attracted to Ripley and thats why it watched her as she was putting her spacesuit on.

There are obviously other people on the station.  A short test level isn't a true indication of the game as a whole.

Tell me then what is your source that backs this claim up?  From all I have seen for all we know she is on a dead ship.

The Alien should be able to hear the tracker beeping, but CA has said it can't as a gameplay concession.  Trackers that beep really loudly is a pretty dopey idea - but they're in the films too.

Where did you see this?  Even if we are not to take gamemechanics as canon in this game that's not going to stop others who don't know that or don't care and use that against the alien.

Mus

Mus

How did you conclude this is the same alien from Alien?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed