Original/Unused Concepts

Started by The1PerfectOrganism, Jan 25, 2014, 11:23:54 PM

Author
Original/Unused Concepts (Read 1,841 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

The more I hear about this game the more I'm liking the sound of it.

The working joes ought to be really unerving at times.
In case you haven't heard about this, the working joes are humanoid yet primitive looking androids that almost look unreal and made of plastic like the Terminators that were easy to spot. (Makes me wonder if some of the non-descript crew on the Prometheus were "working joes" ) but that's not my focus on this topic just a theory.

Also, there has been rumors of the Space-Soviets returning whom were pitched in an Alien3 Script if I'm not mistaken.
As well as the fact the description of the game talks about "betrayal" making me think the "Space-Soviets" are plausable and if there are some RPG elements possibly.

And the fact it's going with a company other than Weyland or WY makes me curious.

All the new ideas make me truly excited.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Well, the working joe androids look like faceless mannequins from what we've seen or heard of so far, I think. 

But I think it would be great to have some androids that look almost human but also quite noticeably fake - you know, somewhere along the Uncanny Valley.  As long as it actually looks like that and not something easily confused for bad graphics.  :D

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Yup.

Might be hard to do in a videogame however, I'm sure I'll get really annoyed at them when they ping my motion tracker.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Hopefully it would really boggle the players mind over whether or not its the Alien or the something else. 

Speaking of unused concepts, I wonder how Amanda's ship (Torrens) is going to look like.  Maybe they'll do something original but I definitely would not mind if they somehow get the rights to use an old Ron Cobb concept, like the Snark or the Leviathan.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Yes, I hope so or something resembling that as they always were very logical and realistic.

It was what grounded you in the universe before unleashing the surreal Giger world upon you.

Snark

Snark

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 27, 2014, 05:27:33 PM
Hopefully it would really boggle the players mind over whether or not its the Alien or the something else. 

Speaking of unused concepts, I wonder how Amanda's ship (Torrens) is going to look like.  Maybe they'll do something original but I definitely would not mind if they somehow get the rights to use an old Ron Cobb concept, like the Snark or the Leviathan.

http://www.serenadawn.com/Pathfinder-Nostromo-Cobb.jpg

http://www.shadowlocked.com/images/stories/features/2012/003_March/019/snark.jpg

Did someone say Snark...?

Yeah it would be nice if they made a nod to the other designs.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

really pumped for Isolation :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed