2016 Alien Anthology card set

Started by Machiko Naguchi, Mar 16, 2016, 03:31:34 AM

Author
2016 Alien Anthology card set (Read 39,551 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on May 08, 2016, 11:07:31 PM
So would you recommend this at all? Do you believe it's worth the money?

Grab a base set and call it quits.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2016, 07:45:59 AM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on May 08, 2016, 11:07:31 PM
So would you recommend this at all? Do you believe it's worth the money?

Grab a base set and call it quits.
Kind of takes the fun out of it you know? Such a shame. I'm sorry your box wasn't as you were expecting :( I guess I will hold off on getting these until I can find them for cheap.

Corporal Hicks

With the last few sets, I just brought a box and filled in my collection via eBay with the chase cards and such. It's just disappointing I couldn't even get a base set out of this.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Love trading cards to pieces but I really don't dig the art for this so it's gonna be a pass for sure. I'm more interested in getting my hands on the full set for Alien & Aliens. I have the full Alien 3 set but that's it so far for Alien related trading cards. They're not easy to find in Canada & our dollar is so piss poor at the moment, buying from the US is just not worth it in the end.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Aliens never had its own separate trading card set as far as I'm aware.

Corporal Hicks

No Aliens but there was an Alien. As far as I know the only trading card sets we got were Alien, Alien 3, Alien Predator Universe, Alien Legacy, AvP, AvPR and now Alien Anthology.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Hmm, weird. I could have sworn I've seen Aliens as well. Ah well, I doubt my ever getting any of those sets complete if any at all.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 12, 2016, 11:57:09 AM
No Aliens but there was an Alien. As far as I know the only trading card sets we got were Alien, Alien 3, Alien Predator Universe, Alien Legacy, AvP, AvPR and now Alien Anthology.
Of those, I've got complete base sets of each of them except for Alien Anthology.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: XenoZipper on May 12, 2016, 03:49:20 PM
Hmm, weird. I could have sworn I've seen Aliens as well. Ah well, I doubt my ever getting any of those sets complete if any at all.

What you may have seen was a horror anthology card set from the late 80s.  They featured Aliens as well as many other films.  I had some when I was a kid, but they're all gone with the wind now.  They were actually pretty cool..

I just found the card set on line". It was called Fright Flicks.  It Alien, Aliens, and Predator in it I think.  Check out some cards at this link..

http://monstermemories.blogspot.ca/2009/08/fright-flicks-trading-cards-post-2.html

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 12, 2016, 09:38:09 PM
What you may have seen was a horror anthology card set from the late 80s.  They featured Aliens as well as many other films.  I had some when I was a kid, but they're all gone with the wind now.  They were actually pretty cool..

I just found the card set on line". It was called Fright Flicks.  It Alien, Aliens, and Predator in it I think.  Check out some cards at this link..

http://monstermemories.blogspot.ca/2009/08/fright-flicks-trading-cards-post-2.html

YES! Those were EXACTLY the cards I was thinking of! I knew I had seen Aliens cards exist somewhere haha So I'm not crazy after all. Well... I still may be crazy but at least I know the cards were real now :p There's a site for 80s cards that I've liked on Facebook which has ALL of those you mentioned but there's no full sets to buy from the site, only individual packs & they wanted $5 per pack for Alien & I just wasn't too keen on that. I'd rather find a full unopened box for better chances to complete or at least get a base set done. But thanks for finding the link!

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: XenoZipper on May 13, 2016, 03:07:32 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 12, 2016, 09:38:09 PM

YES! Those were EXACTLY the cards I was thinking of! I knew I had seen Aliens cards exist somewhere haha So I'm not crazy after all. Well... I still may be crazy but at least I know the cards were real now :p There's a site for 80s cards that I've liked on Facebook which has ALL of those you mentioned but there's no full sets to buy from the site, only individual packs & they wanted $5 per pack for Alien & I just wasn't too keen on that. I'd rather find a full unopened box for better chances to complete or at least get a base set done. But thanks for finding the link!

No problem Xenozipper!  It would be neat to find out which cards specifically from that series were the actual Aliens and Predator cards.  The ones in the link were just a few, but I think there were at least 10 Aliens / Alien / Predator cards in there...

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 13, 2016, 03:12:56 AM
No problem Xenozipper!  It would be neat to find out which cards specifically from that series were the actual Aliens and Predator cards.  The ones in the link were just a few, but I think there were at least 10 Aliens / Alien / Predator cards in there...

Yea that I would like to know too. Here's the site I was talking about but sadly there's no checklist on the page that I can see to know exactly what's in them. The Alien cards on the site are separate on their own under either Sci-Fi or Horror, can't remember which one they listed it under. They got tons of trading cards there though that's for sure!
http://www.80scards.com/product/frightflicks

Unrelated to Aliens but still on trading cards, I really really need to buy this set one of these days. I've been obsessed with getting my hands on them for a while now haha I loved them as a kid..
http://www.amazon.com/Dinosaurs-Attack-Trading-Cards-Stickers/dp/B0098AD9S8

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XenoZipper on May 12, 2016, 03:49:20 PM

The base sets are all quite easy to get hold of and they generally don't cost a lot either. Should be fairly easy and cheap for you to pick up.

Machiko Naguchi

Those sets mentioned are the only ones that I know of as far as cards. I am in pretty good shape since I have complete master sets for all those past ones except for avpr which I am missing costumes and autographs. I also have official binders for the ones that have it and the ones that don't i got custom ones from ebay.

I also have the entire set of fright flicks cards and stickers if anyone wants to see what cards there are. I also have some other random comic, promotional and Topps 75th Anniversary cards.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on May 13, 2016, 03:25:30 PM
Those sets mentioned are the only ones that I know of as far as cards. I am in pretty good shape since I have complete master sets for all those past ones except for avpr which I am missing costumes and autographs. I also have official binders for the ones that have it and the ones that don't i got custom ones from ebay.

I also have the entire set of fright flicks cards and stickers if anyone wants to see what cards there are. I also have some other random comic, promotional and Topps 75th Anniversary cards.

I would be curious to see the Fright Flicks cards and to know the numbers of the cards with Aliens stuff on them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed