CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer!

Started by Moosh89, Jun 08, 2012, 04:29:11 AM

Author
CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer! (Read 110,258 times)

Moosh89

Quote from: FightFinda on Jul 05, 2012, 06:54:55 AM
You quite clearly are in no position to make such a statement. If they delay this again just because a load of disgruntled females are complaining on a forum, I and many others will be p*ssed.

You quite clearly are in no position to make such a statement. I started the petition, my point is that ALIENS is seeping with tough and iconic females. Gearbox wants an authentic ALIENS experience, so do I and the 1000 others who have signed the petition.

We are not a "load of disgruntled females complaining on a forum", infact if you look at the signatures on the petition, you will find the majority are Males.

We all support Gearbox. We all do not want to see another delay. I am not asking for the game to not be released until it has females, they could just as well tell us "Hey, guess what? A:CM will not ship with playable females, but to fix this, we are releasing the option as FREE DLC in the very near future" as they could very well slip them in before release.

I am not looking to start any fights, I am just stating my opinion.

Congratulations everyone!

Predaker

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Moosh. If gearbox can't fit it in by release, it would be very cool to see this in DLC.

Pvt. Himmel

WAY to go guys...now because of this they will delay till the end of 2013.. >:(

WinterActual

Quote from: Predaker on Jul 05, 2012, 12:46:41 PM

Chill out. I said that because I don't think gearbox will delay the game. If they did, it won't be from adding something simple like playable female marines in multiplayer. Use your head, people! :P
Yeah its so simple - they just have to create new female skeleton, mocap or create from scratch fem animations, rig the female models into those skeleton and animations, remake all armors and accessories for the female models, record whole set of various female voices, "calibrate" the xenos grab system for the fem skeleton and models and other simple tasks like these.

Predaker

Quote from: Voodoo Actual on Jul 05, 2012, 03:31:03 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Jul 05, 2012, 12:46:41 PM

Chill out. I said that because I don't think gearbox will delay the game. If they did, it won't be from adding something simple like playable female marines in multiplayer. Use your head, people! :P
Yeah its so simple - they just have to create new female skeleton, mocap or create from scratch fem animations, rig the female models into those skeleton and animations, remake all armors and accessories for the female models, record whole set of various female voices, "calibrate" the xenos grab system for the fem skeleton and models and other simple tasks like these.

I didn't say the process is simple. Take a look at the bigger picture. The end result is a simple change.

HorusTheFalcon

And add first person view for Aliens. I dont play 3rd view bullshit like dead space or other game. I want my AVP2 gameplay back !

Sinncrow

Quote from: HorusTheFalcon on Jul 05, 2012, 05:52:47 PM
And add first person view for Aliens. I dont play 3rd view bullshit like dead space or other game. I want my AVP2 gameplay back !

Yeah...Gearbox isn't going to do that. You can complain and cry for 1st person all day long, it's just not going to happen. Back on topic, I can easily see A:CM getting delayed due to Gearbox adding in multiplayer females, but it might be worth it in the end result for them. True, if it does get delayed, fans are going to get pissed; but think about how many women they will rack in because they went so far out of their way to include females in the game. Financially, it MIGHT work out for them.

WinterActual

Quote from: Sinncrow on Jul 05, 2012, 06:04:36 PM
Financially, it MIGHT work out for them.
No. Another delay and another disappointment of the fans will cost 'em much, VERY much, this time.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Er, the game has been delayed enough. I don't want another one, thank you very much.
EDIT: Maybe I'm just being grumpy, I dunno.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: HorusTheFalcon on Jul 05, 2012, 05:52:47 PM

Then play AvP2.

Space Sweeper

All of you people that think this game is going to face another delay for Gearbox implementing existing female character models into the customization roster... my god, dunk your heads in a bucket of ice water.

Moosh89

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 05, 2012, 09:03:01 PM
All of you people that think this game is going to face another delay for Gearbox implementing existing female character models into the customization roster... my god, dunk your heads in a bucket of ice water.

Kudos!!!!

scm

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 05, 2012, 09:03:01 PM
But they totally will duh ;P.

I'm surprised people are worried about it being delayed from that, at this point I would take another delay. The game doesn't look very good so far.

SpaceMarines

Thing is, it wouldn't push the date back further, for reasons Sweeper quite clearly explained. They wouldn't have to make a new skeleton or develop new character animations, because female models and animations already exist within the game.

RabidNinja

like the idea quite abit, but knowing gearbox, they'll use it as an excuse to push the release date back further like a month or so, like making concepts of female characters to make them more "realistic" or canon to the story. If thats the case then they should release it a month or so after the release date because if they push it back once again then im out cuz they'll put so much crap into it that'll turn into a giant mess

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed