Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links)

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 27, 2015, 09:37:01 PM

Author
Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links) (Read 83,006 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Apparently it was like District 9 just not as cool, intriguing concept for sure. Blomkamp has interesting ideas (Oat Studio!). It's a shame that I hit rock bottom with Grand Turismo!

:-\

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 28, 2024, 02:48:52 AMApparently it was like District 9 just not as cool, intriguing concept for sure
Intriguing but concerning. So would Corporal hicks turned into Xenomorph?

As for the Woman in the Dark, as dumb as it is, I would prefer this more than human DNA Derelict.

But I would change it to be more as like Sil From species

Nightmare Asylum

Some of Carlos Huante's concept art seems to depict human/Alien hybrids, suggesting the idea that Weyland-Yutani was experimenting on humans along with their experimentation of Aliens. I'm guessing the Disctict 9 comparisons likely stem from that angle.

Nukiemorph

I'm a little baffled that studio execs and Sigourney were so excited about this idea.

SiL

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 28, 2024, 03:02:24 AMSome of Carlos Huante's concept art seems to depict human/Alien hybrids, suggesting the idea that Weyland-Yutani was experimenting on humans along with their experimentation of Aliens. I'm guessing the Disctict 9 comparisons likely stem from that angle.
Concept artist Farzad (I forget his full name, worked on the AvPs and Prey) has concept art of many limbed Alien/animal hybrids. Posted on Instagram and quickly taken down

skhellter

one of them (the hardest to find) had barcodes and numbers on the head of the alien.

Immortan Jonesy

Wild! :o Gotta get therapy😱

Thatguy2068

Actually some concept art weren't all that bad but I think this fit more in with a full grown Newborn Alien

GrimmVision

God, Carlos' work is so good!

bobby brown

bobby brown

bruhhh, what an absolute treat! thank you!

Not a fan of the concepts and art though.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

The response so far has been awesome, thank you all for watching! Most of you are reacting very similarly to when I got the info. I'm probably tempting fate by even sharing the info. If I randomly stop posting or the video disappears, it was Disney who pulled the trigger!!! :laugh:

Clearing some things up from some of the questions I've seen:

The impression I got was that that DNA was found in the derelict ship we see in ALIEN. Not in building a new one. It hints at somehow humans and Xenos being connected in the past. How? I don't have that information. It doesn't make sense to me at all. I too dig the idea of the ship being grown. But just not like this.

The information was given to me very broken up, and very incomplete. There's a lot more I know, but a whole lot more that's unknown to me too. So I can't really answer a lot of the "how?". I've been asking that since the day I was educated on all this stuff. So things like the film title, I don't know. The title of Ridley's next film kept being referred to as Destiny, but I don't know if it was planned as a placeholder or not. I'd heard "Awakening" for Blomkamp's, but I did not have enough confirmation to put that one in the video. Did Ridley call it something like that once?

I do believe the jockeys would be involved in some way, we see the Xeno mech suit having Jockey-like features, along with some of that Xeno concept art showing one in a chair.

Blomkamp wanted a lot of control. He cited creative differences, which I think was him butting heads with Fox when they gave him some "no"s on this stuff. He likely paid for all of this stuff going on behind the scenes out of his own pocket, which could add to his frustration on it not seeing the light of day. Ultimately, it wasn't Ridley saying no and calling the shots, it was Fox.

I wish I had remembered O'Bannon's comments about the xenomorph, that does almost line up with some of the Blomkamp stuff. Very interesting point!

I'll try to keep up with questions, but again, I don't have all the answers to give. But will try if I can! Also will respond when I have time. After fighting with this video so much to get it uploaded, I needed to step away and take some space from. I was quite frustrated with the delays, but glad it's out there for you all to finally see.

chromhart

i dont mind the xeno havinv intelligence i just don't like derelict having human dna.

oduodu

"But just not like this."

amen to that Mike

BigDaddyJohn

Human DNA again ? Apparently that was kind of a trend in Hollywood at that time lol.

Salt The Fries

The idea of a ship being grown reminds me of Eric Red's Alien 3 script, lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed