Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 245,986 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: GHJ on Feb 22, 2018, 09:01:21 PMMake the next "Alien", okay?

Yes, I will, I will do it!

I love this  ;D
Thanks for sharing.

Corporal Hicks

It's just a question of if Fox will let him.

Thank you for sharing, GHJ!  :)

shawsbaby

They've put themselves in a pickle with these prequels, but if they find the right screenwriters and allow them to be logical in their creativity, they might be able to do a final lead up film to the original that fixes some of the sins of Prometheus and A:C--but I'm not holding my breath.

RaZorbakk36

Who directed Bladerunner 2049?
Him. Get him to do it. 
I dont trust scott  to expand the Alien universe anymore nor cameron.
There is a simple formulaic pattern to how they make movies. 
Scott has all the weight you could ask for  to get done what he wants to get done  while working with fox. So I put the blame on his shoulders. If it was in the movie its because he didnt question  it. Or worse thought it was good idea.
The lame fight scene between  david and walter. The    horrible set up for the knife.   The spores.  The hammy way David cues the music. 
Hardly anything is done well these days. The third act almost always disappoints.  Im tired of hoping there will be a fan edit of films that shouldnt need one.  Injecting comedy where there shouldnt be.  And   half assing provocative concepts.

SiL

Denise Villeneuve. He's busy with Dune.

Highland

I doubt someone like Villeneuve would touch Alien. Not now, seems terrible timing all round for anyone other than Scott.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: GHJ on Feb 22, 2018, 09:01:21 PM
Make the next "Alien", okay?

Yes, I will, I will do it!
This little spark of hope brightened my day.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2018, 08:20:53 AM
It's just a question of if Fox will let him.

Thank you for sharing, GHJ!  :)

Isn't there a way we can start some kind of fan (spam) campaign for the movie?
Bunch of old-fashioned letters to Fox or something.

D. Compton Ambrose

Ugh. No more. After that chestburster... no... please for the love of God NO!

Evanus

More films please.

Predator@Alien

I need to see the final prequel. It's vital.

Prof. a

A Sci-Fi thriller with a female lead just landed at the box office in North America - Annihilation. A fair comparison to the "Alien" series considering the genre, themes, and tone.

Annihilation opened with $11 million in North America. It seems to be a financial disappointment. We will see how it fares over the weeks and internationally - but on a reported production budget of $40 million, it will have difficulty making a profit.

Considering this, we should really re-examine Alien: Covenant's Box Office and perhaps, the studio heads will take a sharper look. Covenant has outperformed films with similar genres/tones (Annihilation isn't the only example - look at 2017's Life). So, the "Alien" name obviously still means something. It just doesn't resonate today as much as Superhero movies or Star Wars films.

The key will be a lower budgeted film. If Alien: Covenant was crafted with a $40 million production budget, that North American opening weekend of about $36 million looks a lot better.

So, I think Scott can definitely make another movie and it can be financially successful. The trick will be the budget. It depends on the money people, but the "Alien" series can definitely still have some bite - especially if you look at the Sci-Fi/Thriller/Horror mash-ups of late.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: Prof. a on Feb 26, 2018, 10:44:37 PM
A Sci-Fi thriller with a female lead just landed at the box office in North America - Annihilation. A fair comparison to the "Alien" series considering the genre, themes, and tone.

Annihilation opened with $11 million in North America. It seems to be a financial disappointment. We will see how it fares over the weeks and internationally - but on a reported production budget of $40 million, it will have difficulty making a profit.

Considering this, we should really re-examine Alien: Covenant's Box Office and perhaps, the studio heads will take a sharper look. Covenant has outperformed films with similar genres/tones (Annihilation isn't the only example - look at 2017's Life). So, the "Alien" name obviously still means something. It just doesn't resonate today as much as Superhero movies or Star Wars films.

The key will be a lower budgeted film. If Alien: Covenant was crafted with a $40 million production budget, that North American opening weekend of about $36 million looks a lot better.

So, I think Scott can definitely make another movie and it can be financially successful. The trick will be the budget. It depends on the money people, but the "Alien" series can definitely still have some bite - especially if you look at the Sci-Fi/Thriller/Horror mash-ups of late.

Annihilation was absolutely fantastic

SM

I would say the days of Ridley Scott making low budget genre movies had passed  - if they had in fact ever existed in the first place.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: SM on Feb 27, 2018, 03:05:38 AM
I would say the days of Ridley Scott making low budget genre movies had passed  - if they had in fact ever existed in the first place.
Well, it's been a contradictingly fun and infuriating ride if nothing else. I still have no idea how to feel about any of it, it's great

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed