Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 71,156 times)

Le Celticant

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 26, 2017, 09:18:35 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 26, 2017, 09:11:29 PM
I actually believe, it's not the engineer homeworld and the Scorpionaut was deliberately left there.
And there probably was one on earth too, before they revolted.

Everyone there looks so... in awe to see the Derelict like "it's coming back" after such a long time.

And if I was to guess again, I would suspect that David has "learnt" what the Engineers are doing / all about :D
And it has something to do about weaponizing this black goo.
Engineer creates life, black goo-ed it, but then for which purpose, I'm sure it's what covenant is going to set, so we understand there's something "bigger" than just a robot killing all engineers and creating the Alien (it doesn't sound very Scott's like to be honest, it lacks depth).
Also, if you take a very very very close look at the pictures and promo videos, it's very very very very very very very very (I can't put enough very) obvious, that this "round plaza" thing IS A TRAP.
It looks so well designed to weaponize the black goo, there are even fences that closes on the entrance to trap everyone.
It can't be there just by "accident" or "randomness".

I would definitely welcome this direction.

But i wondered if these are really fences?

Its these right? But are the gaps really too small to get through?

You can clearly see in the TV spots the fences up;

(and the people rushing towards it trying to escape).

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: theDecline84 on Apr 26, 2017, 09:17:36 PM
So i was thinking could this be a little look at what Alien Awakening might be about?

People misunderstood/Ridley misspoke. Alien: Awakening is taking place after Covenant.

I actually believe, it's not the engineer homeworld and the Scorpionaut was deliberately left there.

They have said in press, in Prometheus and now in this very featurette that this is the Engineer homeworld.

Quote from: reecebomb on Apr 26, 2017, 09:15:56 PM
Quite well done but no way i'm ever buying this fantasy space opera takes place in the same classic A L I E N universe.

I personally can more easily buy a grand cosmic space opera evolving out of the mystery of the space jockey a la Prometheus and this clip vs. the story devolving to
Spoiler
"the alien was created by a vengeful android who killed the space jockeys and bred the monster a mere twenty years before Alien".
[close]
I think one option opens the universe and the other makes it incredibly plain.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 26, 2017, 09:23:59 PM

They have said in press, in Prometheus and now in this very featurette that this is the Engineer homeworld.

Okay let me then rephrase, by using an analogy to the quadrilogy:
They already said Ripley died in AlienĀ³  :P
And everyone panic seeing her in Resurrection !

Maybe you know, there's something we don't understand because the film is not out yet.
Maybe the original engineers have left there own planet.
And maybe they've seeded it with their own DNA.

You know, it's called story telling, it's supposed to surprises you, not to bore you with obvious answers :P
It may not be as simple as "oh it's the engineer homeworld and they are all engineers and david kill them all".
But then if it is, my apology, or Ridley's apology to be honest, cos that would suck, light years in scale.
(and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised, after all the guy who did Blade Runner and Alien also did Prometheus and Exodus [and Robin Hood])

echobbase79

I hope their are some tall ones like we saw in Prometheus in this scene. Because the one's shown look about the same size as the one that sacrifices himself at the beginning of that film.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 26, 2017, 09:27:48 PM
You know, it's called story telling, it's supposed to surprises you, not to bore you with obvious answers :P
It may not be as simple as "oh it's the engineer homeworld and they are all engineers and david kill them all".
But then if it is, my apology, or Ridley's apology to be honest, cos that would suck, light years in scale.

I don't disagree with you that it would suck. But this is the fundamental problem with a lot of these discussions I've had: People don't want to believe Ridley would do that so they start coming up with any alternate theory. That is exactly what Ridley is doing and we've known it for months. And now we have David literally telling us onscreen and people are asking 'but what if he didn't mean it?'

He did mean it. This is it. I don't like it either, but that's it.

kwisatz

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 26, 2017, 09:23:59 PM

Okay let me then rephrase, by using an analogy to the quadrilogy:
They already said Ripley died in AlienĀ³  :P
And everyone panic seeing her in Resurrection !

Maybe you know, there's something we don't understand because the film is not out yet.
Maybe the original engineers have left there own planet.
And maybe they've seeded it with their own DNA.

(and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised, after all the guy who did Blade Runner and Alien also did Prometheus and Exodus [and Robin Hood])

I still doubt it but hope dies last hm?

fernandito

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 26, 2017, 09:20:11 PM
I am saying there is no evidence either way based on this clip.
that's why I used the auxiliary form "would" be , followed by the adjective "safe", to end it all with the verb "to assume"

echobbase79

Did anybody else think the homeworld would look more Giger-esque? I expected something more bio-mechanical than primitive?

Le Celticant

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 26, 2017, 09:31:14 PM

I don't disagree with you that it would suck. But this is the fundamental problem with a lot of these discussions I've had: People don't want to believe Ridley would do that so they start coming up with any alternate theory. That is exactly what Ridley is doing and we've known it for months. And now we have David literally telling us onscreen and people are asking 'but what if he didn't mean it?'

He did mean it. This is it. I don't like it either, but that's it.

i.e. the use of "Maybe" and "I believe" and the fact it was an "opinion" not a fact itself.
Ah, people getting too quickly emotional and misreading  ::) a classical tale that never gets old !

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 26, 2017, 09:36:17 PM
Did anybody else think the homeworld would look more Giger-esque? I expected something more bio-mechanical than primitive?

Giger? Oh that guy that worked on... wait nope, FOX!

shawsbaby

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Apr 26, 2017, 08:42:13 PM
Interesting that this isn't going to be in the film. This scene was in the December test screening according to the original 4chan leaker.

I was thinking the same thing. Also, Sargadoa (I don't remember if that's how his handle was spelled) on imdb, who was very accurate in his very early leaks, said the filmed showed David putting Shaw into cryosleep and then having a very sinister looked on his face. According to his account, that was just about all we saw apart from the hologram later. Perhaps the footage from this prologue was recycled for that initially? Maybe it was filmed by Scott, removed, and then a version of it was re-shot for this prologue?

I'm glad we got this prologue film and it's great to see Shaw, but just seeing Noomi back in the role - even that little scoff when David tells her she's kindhearted - made me kind of desperate to see her in the role again in a larger way. I'm now pretty bummed we won't get more of her.

Predaker

This just might turn out to be the best Alien film since 1986.

Infected

Quote from: shawsbaby on Apr 26, 2017, 09:40:29 PM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Apr 26, 2017, 08:42:13 PM
Interesting that this isn't going to be in the film. This scene was in the December test screening according to the original 4chan leaker.

I was thinking the same thing. Also, Sargadoa (I don't remember if that's how his handle was spelled) on imdb, who was very accurate in his very early leaks, said the filmed showed David putting Shaw into cryosleep and then having a very sinister looked on his face. According to his account, that was just about all we saw apart from the hologram later. Perhaps the footage from this prologue was recycled for that initially? Maybe it was filmed by Scott, removed, and then a version of it was re-shot for this prologue?

I'm glad we got this prologue film and it's great to see Shaw, but just seeing Noomi back in the role - even that little scoff when David tells her she's kindhearted - made me kind of desperate to see her in the role again in a larger way. I'm now pretty bummed we won't get more of her.
She is a pretty good actress, and i liked seeing her again, felt familair.
I probably underestimated her work in Prometheus, seeing Waterston and now Rapace again, hope we will see more of her, and not just dead or be killed off, she is more valuable i see now.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I just rechecked though.

Ridlyes says specifically that this snippet takes place "in a time after Prometheus and at the beginning of the upcoming film Alien: Covenant"!

Make of it what you will, but i doubt that they will show the bombing sequence twice.

And for me this kinda rules out the 'David telling what happened to Shaw'-angle. Then again its Ridley.

MajorB

You know, that "look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair" snippet of dialogue at the very end doesn't sound like David. He's definitely not speaking in the shot where we actually hear it. I'm willing to bet it's Peter Weyland, from the film's opening scene.

theDecline84

theDecline84

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 26, 2017, 09:36:17 PM

I did as well but it seems Ridley went in a different direction i guess.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed