ALIEN FAN FILM - No Man's Land - WWI Setting

Started by Cosmic Incubation, Dec 07, 2023, 10:07:38 PM

Author
ALIEN FAN FILM - No Man's Land - WWI Setting (Read 3,602 times)

No Mans Land Fan Film

Thanks AVP Galaxy for sharing our film, it's heaps appreciated. Your site is awesome and a massive contribution to the fans.

SiL

Quote from: No Mans Land Fan Film on Feb 29, 2024, 09:08:56 AMThanks AVP Galaxy for sharing our film, it's heaps appreciated. Your site is awesome and a massive contribution to the fans.
How did you find so many Aliens in Perth? I've seen one on the other side of the country and even then they've retired.

oduodu

oduodu

music was great . drew me right in from the start.

how many times have we seen an alien in daylight?

Bonus Situation

So much love for this piece. It's amazing to see so much care and effort go into a fab film. All involved should be very proud and I for one am very grateful for all who spent time, effort and money on this project as I'm sure are many others.

My feedback below:

- the quality of the picture is outstanding. That must be one expensive camera but it makes all the difference.
- the Outback location is beautiful and the trench set very believable. The ship was good also but, as is probably a common theme, less could've been more.
- direction was very good, editing as mentioned a little choppy in places but overall a good experience
- the alien costumes were great, again less shots and a bigger first reveal might've been better
- I thought the acting for the most part was good but I'm not a fan of callback lines personally, though each to their own
- music was great in places but a little too varied, personally would've preferred a consistent theme but the production and quality was outstanding
- I would dropped the intro scene, the cgi wasn't up to the quality of the rest of the film and actually took me out of the experience initially. The rest of the film from there on in was consistent in quality
- I quite liked the ending of a little predictable. I actually thought he might stumble upon a small settlement and taken in, given food around a dinner table and then put his hand on his chest with a quick cut to black!

That's just some of my thoughts. Overall it was a very good experience for an Alien fan. I got that excited feeling of new Alien film content when watching and will definitely be having multiple rewatches!

Again, thank you and well done to all involved! You should be very proud 😊

Christian

Christian

Cheers, thanks for watching, and your comments. It was a very challenging production for sure to keep a high production look on a small scale budget, but we had a lot of fun making it.

We have a behind the scenes clip coming soon on the same youtube channel so stay tuned. And will likely do a Director commentary explaining some of the making of, if your interested.

Thanks,

Christian

Christian

:) Bought the suits from a guy in Colorado/US (we made 2 of them for the film). Bought them as foam latex unfinished pieces and then had them painted and constructed on wetsuits locally by CDM studios, Perth. They were huge Alien fans themselves and knew the right way to paint them to get a similar look as the Aliens warrior suits.

Bonus Situation

Quote from: Christian on Mar 03, 2024, 03:19:24 PMCheers, thanks for watching, and your comments. It was a very challenging production for sure to keep a high production look on a small scale budget, but we had a lot of fun making it.

We have a behind the scenes clip coming soon on the same youtube channel so stay tuned. And will likely do a Director commentary explaining some of the making of, if your interested.

Thanks,

Awesome, can't wait for behind the scenes and dc! Did you guys do any story boards or artwork prior to shooting?

SiL

Quote from: Christian on Mar 03, 2024, 03:30:53 PM:) Bought the suits from a guy in Colorado/US (we made 2 of them for the film). Bought them as foam latex unfinished pieces and then had them painted and constructed on wetsuits locally by CDM studios, Perth.
Those kits still exist? Amazing! Do you still have the details of the seller?

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Christian on Mar 03, 2024, 03:19:24 PMCheers, thanks for watching, and your comments. It was a very challenging production for sure to keep a high production look on a small scale budget, but we had a lot of fun making it.

Thanks,

Thanks for sharing! Will definitely be looking out for the behind the scenes clips and commentary!

No Mans Land Fan Film

No Mans Land Fan Film

Quote from: Bonus Situation on Mar 03, 2024, 08:50:28 PM

Thanks,

Awesome, can't wait for behind the scenes and dc! Did you guys do any story boards or artwork prior to shooting?
I did some very rough black and white storyboard/sketches and shot the film from them. Not very fancy.. just to show what angles & lens choice for each scene etc.

Quote from: SiL on Mar 03, 2024, 09:13:14 PM
Quote from: Christian on Mar 03, 2024, 03:30:53 PM:) Bought the suits from a guy in Colorado/US (we made 2 of them for the film). Bought them as foam latex unfinished pieces and then had them painted and constructed on wetsuits locally by CDM studios, Perth.
Those kits still exist? Amazing! Do you still have the details of the seller?
I bought them a few years ago from a place called 'Monsteroom Props'. I emailed them recently but didn't receive any response.. So not sure they are still operating business.

Stitch

Watched it yesterday. It's really good for what it is. The lighting and shots of the aliens aren't as good as the rest of the movie, and the editing and special flame effects are also a little lower than par, given the decent quality of the rest.
Overall, though, I'm impressed!

XENOMORPHOSIS

This may be odd to ask but with a fan film is the Adsense something the channel would be denied if said video involved copyrighted characters and elements from a studio's I.P. intellectual property, certain things like music and movie clips get you in trouble with copyright or is an example of a fan film safe under fair use?

sivasilvan

sivasilvan

I think it's totally cool to explore creative avenues like fan films, especially when they blend different genres like No Man's Land's WWI setting with an Alien twist. As for your question, it's a bit tricky. While fair use could potentially cover certain aspects, including copyrighted characters and elements, it's not a guaranteed shield against copyright claims. It often depends on how transformative the content is and whether it could be considered a derivative work. Regarding Adsense, using copyrighted material might indeed pose risks. It's always a good idea to tread carefully and perhaps seek legal advice if unsure. By the way, any new movies out this weekend catch your eye?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed