As a Predator fan, I hope they don’t make any further movies!

Started by Dark Jester, Jul 06, 2010, 01:16:10 PM

Author
As a Predator fan, I hope they don’t make any further movies! (Read 4,242 times)

Dark Jester

Predators is getting better reviews then most of us expected and dare I say, in the case of some of you P2 fans, hoped for!

I know it's still early days but I can predict with confidence, based on what I have read and seen, that there will be enough love for this movie for it to be deemed a success. By "success" I don't mean "AvP and AvPR success" when the makers tried to put a positive spin on the disaster by talking about the money it earned nor do I mean the "fan-boy cult success" of P2; Im talking about it being one of the best sci-fi movies of the year (if not decade) and worthy companion piece to the original. The majority of reviews that have come out so far have already declared it the 2nd best movie in the franchise and arguably on a par with the original; a worthy follow up to the classic original after the abysmal P2 and retarded AvP movies.

Anyway, cut a long story short, I hope this is the last movie in the franchise. For a Predator movie to be successful it needs to be about the hunter and the prey and needs to have lots of tension and action – Predator had it, Predators appears to have it, P2 did not have it and AvP/R was just retarded. I just don't see where else this franchise can go whilst also maintain the hunter and prey scenario without looking stale and repetitive.

dallevalle

Sorry but they are already talking about doing a sequel to predators so im pretty sure that
this wont be the last predator movie.

Raptor

Quote from: dallevalle on Jul 06, 2010, 01:17:24 PM
Sorry but they are already talking about doing a sequel to predators so im pretty sure that

Thank God......

I rather get sick of Pred movies than AVP movies.

Dark Jester

Quote from: dallevalle on Jul 06, 2010, 01:17:24 PM

Yes I am aware of the sequel and if Predators is succesfull I hope its not made. Although, I accept there is no chnace in hell that will happen.

I have waited a long time for a movie worthy of the original and appears we have it. I dont want a sequel and for it to fail. Seriously, where else can they go with the Predator? P2 and AvP tried to be different but failed because they diluted what made the original so succesfull, an evil alien hunting prey in a just as evil environment. Without these factors any Predator movie just does not work.

dallevalle

Who says if they make a sequel that it will fail ? who knows maby a sequel to predators could turn out to be the sequel of alien ... ( aliens) you never know how it will turn out so all we can do for now is
wait and see.

Firestorm

There was once a time where i said Batman begins was a fitting way to save the Batman franchise, and hoped they would leave it at that, surely it couldn't be topped........

Vulhala

There are a million things you could do with it. Besides, if Predators makes a good return for Fox, they will rape the franchise until it's arse splits. Fact.

The_Worm

Well, if this movie is as awesome as I think it will be and am hearing it is, than I would have no problem with yet another Predator movie should Rodriguez and Nimrod decide to return. It seems like these two guys really care about the franchise and the character and want to keep it as dark as possible and not cheesy. It truly seems like these guys get it, so as long as a sequel is solely in their hands I wouldn't have a problem with it. At the same time I believe that these two would only do another on if they had a story they felt was worth telling.

creature creator

i would be okay with it if they make a sequel, i only hope they are not only going to reuse the creatures in Predators, but also some new ones. This is for me the reason why i am so exited for predators, all the new creatures.

and hoping KNB stays in the franchise from now.

JB

Moody

The next one really should have a war setting, that I still would be the next best scenario.

Vulhala

Quote from: Moody on Jul 06, 2010, 01:55:50 PM
The next one really should have a war setting, that I still would be the next best scenario.

I agree. I've always wanted to see one set during WW2.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: Vulhala on Jul 06, 2010, 01:27:24 PM
There are a million things you could do with it. Besides, if Predators makes a good return for Fox, they will rape the franchise until it's arse splits. Fact.

It's funny beacuse it's true! :D

Moody

Quote from: Vulhala on Jul 06, 2010, 01:57:13 PM

I agree. I've always wanted to see one set during WW2.

Now THAT,...is a good idea. Or in Africa during some civil war...Predators meets Black Hawk Down, that would be so full of win.

Samus007

Yeah, that would be sweet!

skull-splitter

Tacky, tricky, and egocentric.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed