The Predator To See a Return of Multiple Predators?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2016, 01:49:34 PM

Author
The Predator To See a Return of Multiple Predators? (Read 26,310 times)

Mister Skeezler

Yeah... He wanted them to be "moarr muscular and extreme!!1!!"

Doggo33

Shinobi Wan Kenobi:
QuoteI really disliked in AVP how they killed off Chopper so early and easily
I understand but the kill looks really cool and it makes sense in the context of the film (they're new to this so it's understandable if they lose quickly).

Bughunter S. Thomson:
QuoteAs for the humans siding with a Predator in AVP - For me that's the same as a game hunter joining forces with an antelope to hunt a lion.
Again, in the context of the film it makes sense though. You might dislike the idea based on 'Predator' but with 'Predator 2' and Alien vs. Predator' the idea makes sense.

QuoteWhen Lex is with Scar, she is essentially having a conversation with herself while Scar mimes. It felt kind of awkward. Whereas the Yautja from the original Predator I feel would just walk away from her and not look back.
In the situation, the original Yautja would try to kill her. That's a different situation though. In this, the predators aren't strictly the villains but another side to the fight.
And I didn't find it awkward in the slightest. I think you're just basing that on what you want because of the context of the original/s.

QuoteAnd if Lex persisted he would probably just break her neck. This is a culture which beings from a young age are taught to hunt for honour. They shouldn't feel any loyalty or responsibility towards humans, aside from sparing the weak and defenceless - But I always thought this was solely because it is bad sport rather than compassion.
No way would it break her neck because as you said, they have a sense of honour. In that film, those predators are part of the ongoing centurial ritual which the humans initially were volunteering to be a part of but in this case the predators had to lure the humans to the pyramid. In terms of honour, the predators owed the remaining humans as they were stuck in a battlefield that they had no place in being. They did ignore/try to kill the humans for the most part but after Lex showed bravery, killed an alien and persisted, the remaining predator decided to help/use her.
I understand your view based on the prior films but in the context of this film, it makes sense (whether you'd still rather they purely be villains is another matter).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed