The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 76,607 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Lefty I agree with you , for me there are some deeply troubling signs written all over this thing, but I'll leave my ranting for after the film and give it its chance first.

I do think some directors take on franchises and try to go the other way from the original source material too much , and end up getting both sides of the balance wrong. Hopefully Shane black has the talent to not end up in that camp.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Apr 29, 2018, 08:50:27 PM
Quote from: Highland on Apr 29, 2018, 02:45:52 PM
I didn't, I said we will have to wait and see. I think Predators was actually a decent movie, but replace the Predators with normal ones....it's the same movie. It might have actually been better.
Someone said they didn't think Black would ignore the rules of the regular Predator's since he worked on the original. You said "Well who knows, since he's adding in super Predators". Clearly you thought that adding new Predators somehow meant it was possible he would ignore established rules from a film he personally worked on.

As for the script questions:

Spoiler
The one floating around is old and not the shooting script.
[close]

We've been shown a picture with Predators with combat pants on. Then I hear about weird Predator side kicks. The stuff I'm hearing doesn't sound like it's based on the original predator back story of 1 and 2.

The synopsis even says "the end of the human race".

Master

Master

Spoiler
The script also touches alien invasion. Done to the death s-f thrope. Predators (not only upgrade) mutate themselves to better cope with our atmosphere. Their planet is dying due to global cooling, so, out of all planets in the universe, they are going to invade earth.
[close]

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Master on Apr 29, 2018, 08:54:04 PM
Yet the synopsis fits perfectly with this old script.
The broad strokes are clearly the same, sure.

ChanceVance

ChanceVance

Is this where we come to complain about the plot synopsis? I mean apparently Shane Black has a good track record but nothing about this movie sounds good. 

Predators originally had a terrible idea of the Super Predators juicing themselves up or genetically modifying themselves didn't they? That was awful and it was scrapped with good reason. Going right back to that idea is just sinking the ship further and further to me. I'll reserve judgement until a trailer drops but based on what we've been given so far, excitement is not a word I am feeling. 

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Wouldn't it be amazing if we were all proven wrong and the film somehow was actually incredible and did somehow manage to kick ass ?

I have the feeling this film will be a good film for the masses but a terrible predator film for the core fan base. I'm praying that I'm wrong, but sadly I just know that's where we are at. :-

Highland

Highland

Quote from: ChanceVance on Apr 30, 2018, 12:01:07 PM
Is this where we come to complain about the plot synopsis? I mean apparently Shane Black has a good track record but nothing about this movie sounds good. 

Predators originally had a terrible idea of the Super Predators juicing themselves up or genetically modifying themselves didn't they? That was awful and it was scrapped with good reason. Going right back to that idea is just sinking the ship further and further to me. I'll reserve judgement until a trailer drops but based on what we've been given so far, excitement is not a word I am feeling. 

The synopsis is really weird , I would have just stuck to alien creature battles soldiers in suburbia.

Original Predator

Original Predator

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 30, 2018, 12:10:49 PM
Wouldn't it be amazing if we were all proven wrong and the film somehow was actually incredible and did somehow manage to kick ass ?

I have the feeling this film will be a good film for the masses but a terrible predator film for the core fan base. I'm praying that I'm wrong, but sadly I just know that's where we are at. :-

Honestly the "McKenna" character is what I'm banking on.  I go in focus on his story (which I think it cool) I'm hoping that piece pans out (and I think Black will make it so).  I don't think this is going to be a "terrible" film by any means.  It will be a better add to the franchise than where it's been.  I do think that the script got "Hollywooded" pretty badly and that's the part that will keep this movie from making the dent that Pred and Pred 2 did to the lore.

This will be a fun popcorn Pred.  2010-Pred had the feel of a decent Netflix movie. So wherever that falls for folks I dunno.  Lowered expectations seems to be the safe way to go.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

@Original Predator I whole heartedly agree, this film will be what it is, a dumb Hollywood monster movie popcorn flick 🍿

That the masses love, and it might actually just work, but I think we will all feel slightly saddened it's been reduced to that , but that's only because we are fans and understand the character, and care. We are always going to feel protective because we all set high expectations on our galactic hunter, but to your average joe who just wants to see a fun monster flick , he won't know any different and because he is not biased he might really enjoy it , in a way some of us won't, or perhaps maybe refuse to ?

Iv already accepted that and have come to terms with it ,to save my fingers from getting burnt later on! I'll just enjoy it for what it is , and put my knowledge of predator to one side and try enjoy a "fresh" take on him.  ;D

And is I was wrong to cast doubt on it , all the more reason to love it imo.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: HighlandWe've been shown a picture with Predators with combat pants on. Then I hear about weird Predator side kicks. The stuff I'm hearing doesn't sound like it's based on the original predator back story of 1 and 2.
Spoiler
The sidekicks are there...they are the 'friendly' Predators. Not only friendly they are, but they use human weapons when confronting the enemy, instead of their more advanced equipment.
They have some kind of grappling hook but that's all.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Apr 29, 2018, 08:47:52 PM
The predators upgraded themselves by turning themselves into dogs? That's a downgrade if anything.

Who said the pred dogs were upgrades ? Not the script anyways... They're hybrids... Hybrids aren't necessarily upgrades, they could be, but they are not in this case, just hybridized preds to serve another purpose than the regular preds.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Highland on Apr 29, 2018, 11:12:00 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 29, 2018, 08:50:27 PM
Quote from: Highland on Apr 29, 2018, 02:45:52 PM
I didn't, I said we will have to wait and see. I think Predators was actually a decent movie, but replace the Predators with normal ones....it's the same movie. It might have actually been better.

Someone said they didn't think Black would ignore the rules of the regular Predator's since he worked on the original. You said "Well who knows, since he's adding in super Predators". Clearly you thought that adding new Predators somehow meant it was possible he would ignore established rules from a film he personally worked on.

As for the script questions:

Spoiler
The one floating around is old and not the shooting script.
[close]

We've been shown a picture with Predators with combat pants on. Then I hear about weird Predator side kicks. The stuff I'm hearing doesn't sound like it's based on the original predator back story of 1 and 2.

The synopsis even says "the end of the human race".
I really think those combat pants predators are meant to be seen from the waist up. Or did you remember actually seeing John Rosengrant in his Velociraptor pants for Jurassic Park? ;)

Original Predator

Original Predator

"friendly" Preds.

Yuck.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

skull-splitter - No, no, no. Its dissapointing but those combat pants Predators still has a visible toe nails on their fingers, its clearly visible. I think that you dont examine that photos to the detail. If you look at them, they are Predators from top of the head to the bottom of their legs. You can clearly see that they have human made wrist gauntlets without wrist blades, and all parts of their armor are connected with humah made belts, tapes. Their armor has a visible military camouflage with a lot of metal bolts and winders. Im really the only one who see these details? Thats why Im so mad about these "pants" idea. You can even see the pockets attached on their pants, various pockets for pistol magazines etc. So? Guys what do you say about this, huh? They (friendly Predators) will be like secret agents from CIA, similar to the Hellboy movie idea. At least for me, this is a huge monumental BS, and its one of the bigger problems that I honestly have with this movie. Oh, and they will be using human weapons? Jesus Christ how can I accept this nonsense. I cant believe that someone can simply use this idea for this movie, yes. . they still could be friendly, but all these human things about them? Im crazy, I hate it, I cantunderstand why they need to show it in this nasty way. Look at that photos if you guys dont believe me, zoom it. . and you will see.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Sorry to crash the party fellas, but this movie sounds like it's gonna be worse than predators 2010. What a joke.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed