Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 435,105 times)

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 30, 2012, 12:31:33 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 29, 2012, 10:10:09 PM
Whenever I step outside and the sun hits my face, I always sneeze exactly twice. Always.
Curious, that happens to me as well. Once or twice.

That use to happen to me a lot in my old house. It would be warm in the bathroom, cold in my room *Sneeze-Sneeze* then warm again in the living room *Sneeze-Sneeze*, 

chupacabras acheronsis

bright lights trigger the sneezing reflex, its scientifically proved.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

If I'm not mistaken, it was because the optical nerves are sorta connected to the nerves around your nose that make you want to sneeze. Bright sunlight sorta overhauls the optical nerves, they send a buttload of signals to the brain, telling the brain there's a lot of light, but, because these nerves are connected to those around your nose, some of these signals travel through those nerves in your nose, accidentally telling the brain that something's in your nose, making you sneeze.

Either that or I got nothing...

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I am a slave to sleep... not that I'm complaining...  ;D

I will wake sometime in the morning because I set my alarm, but between the feeling in my eys and my body loving the way it moves against such comfy and soft blankets my body is like "NOPE" and I day dream myself to sleep.

fry1236

fry1236

I'm not allowed alarms. I've smashed so much of them against the wall. No one wants to waste more money on them (including me) I just leave the window open now. Wakes me up.

Topazora

Topazora

Dragons were my first love when I was a little girl.  Drew them, dreamed about them, felt that they should be the ones to keep the princesses, not the fruity princes.  And I still think they make awesome baddies ;D
The whole dragons' are wise and good and better than humans' kinda loses it for me.  I prefer the dragons to be the evil monstrous bastards they are.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I believe if there is an actor/actress that I can relate to the most it'd probably be Harrison Ford.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Topazora on Apr 01, 2012, 07:17:55 PM
Dragons were my first love when I was a little girl.  Drew them, dreamed about them, felt that they should be the ones to keep the princesses, not the fruity princes.  And I still think they make awesome baddies ;D
The whole dragons' are wise and good and better than humans' kinda loses it for me. I prefer the dragons to be the evil monstrous bastards they are.

What wash that?

Vakarian

Vakarian

I Sometimes wake myself up in the middle of the night or with tears in my eyes as if i've been crying and feeling really depressed. Sometimes I find bite marks and scratches on my body aswell.  :-\

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Vakarian on Apr 02, 2012, 02:36:44 AM
I Sometimes wake myself up in the middle of the night or with tears in my eyes as if i've been crying and feeling really depressed. Sometimes I find bite marks and scratches on my body aswell.  :-\
:o
Spoiler
[close]

Seriously though, you may have some kind of sleep disorder. I don't know too much about the subject, but there are lots of em, and lots of people have them (my roommate has one for example--he talks out loud in his sleep in complete sentences and sometimes even sleep walks). Could also be Dermographism, though not likely.

I'd recommend relaxing at least a good hour before bed. Sounds like a result of serious stress before bed.

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Apr 02, 2012, 02:33:30 AM
The whole dragons' are wise and good and better than humans' kinda loses it for me. I prefer the dragons to be the evil monstrous bastards they are.

http://i2.listal.com/image/1545346/600full-dragonheart-screenshot.jpg
What wash that?

;D can't deny, but I like my dragons mean.

:-\ stress from knowing what's going on with your friend?

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 02, 2012, 02:42:11 AM
:o
Spoiler
[close]

Seriously though, you may have some kind of sleep disorder. I don't know too much about the subject, but there are lots of em, and lots of people have them (my roommate has one for example--he talks out loud in his sleep in complete sentences and sometimes even sleep walks). Could also be Dermographism, though not likely.

I'd recommend relaxing at least a good hour before bed. Sounds like a result of serious stress before bed.

No, I don't have any sort of skin disorders or anything and its not a frequent thing either and hasn't really started happening until recently.

:-\ stress from knowing what's going on with your friend?

Your probably right. I don't really sleep much either. And I don't think the drink is really helping me right now either.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Topazora on Apr 02, 2012, 02:43:18 AM

What wash that?

I myself am quite the opposite. I cannot stand dragons being portrayed as evil.

Cvalda

Cvalda

I have recently come to realize and face up to a terrible fact about myself:

I am a sugar addict.

I need it. If I don't have something sugary and deelishus and horrible every day, I start to get restless. Tis a terrible curse indeed. :'(

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Apr 02, 2012, 03:02:14 AM
Quote from: Topazora on Apr 02, 2012, 02:43:18 AM

What wash that?

I myself am quite the opposite. I cannot stand dragons being portrayed as evil.

that's cool :) to each their own, man.  I actually do like my dragons to have a variety in personality, but they shouldn't be completely good or completely evil.  But man... they make good bad guys.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed