Black Super Predator?

Started by vortep, Sep 30, 2009, 07:05:09 PM

Author
Black Super Predator? (Read 212,477 times)

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

QuoteAgain. Stop watching Predator movies.

That's what Predators look like.

As a Predator fan I am entitled to want something different and new without being told to stop watching. Yes, the old Predators were cool but after 4 movies its time for a change - nothing wrong with that and thankfully RR and co agree.

QuoteThey haven't even happened yet. They might suck donkey dick in the final movie for all you can possibly know.

Correct. However, the "true" Predators in AvP can also be labeled with the "suck like donkey dick" tag! Thats two films were the Predators have been shit - thats enough reason for me to be entitled to ask for something different as a fan.

QuoteThe people I work with like the Predator as it is and find the idea of "SUPA PREDATORS" ridiculous.

They aren't even fans. They just like action movies.

Thats interesting cos the people I know all think the BSP are a good idea. Whos right? who knows? Lets wait and see but I'm confident and bet my life that Predators (2010) will be the best reviewed and sucesfull Predator since the original.

Yes, I'm sure some fan boys and people like your self will hate it cos they BSP blead black blood, have triple guns, poo black poo, dont walk like Predators should do ect blah blah blah....

QuoteThe movie isn't out yet. I can't thank them for shit.

Correct. I'm just going by the script which imo is good and with good direction will be even better. I know enough about the filom to know it will have more respect for the Predator franchise then both AvP movies put together.
-  Predators are monsters again, the villain in the movie, how they should be potrayed!

At the end of the day, Im entitled to my oponion and I would prefer to express it without someone telling me to stop watching if I dont like something they like. I never even said that I disliked the Predators, I just wanted something new.

Doomofman

Doomofman

When you think about it... We've already had the Black Super Predator...

Kevin Peter Hall  ;D

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Doomofman on Dec 03, 2009, 02:55:33 PM
When you think about it... We've already had the Black Super Predator...

Kevin Peter Hall  ;D

Absolute truth!  ;D
And he was the best Black Super Predator ever. :)

Moody

Moody

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 03, 2009, 02:15:15 PM
As a Predator fan I am entitled to want something different and new without being told to stop watching. Yes, the old Predators were cool but after 4 movies its time for a change - nothing wrong with that and thankfully RR and co agree.

No, your wrong;
1: AVP is not Predator canon.
2: AVP predators were no real predators, AVP1 were als mutated fat f*cks and AVP2 was some overpowerd mother*f**ker that raped aliens.

Aran

Aran

Quote from: Moody on Dec 02, 2009, 08:10:30 PM
I made a quick Black Super Predator using the AVP3 game artwork, I really hope that it's at least similar as this one I made..
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt314/AmaR_NL/BSP.jpg?t=1259784540

Good job with this. Superb Pred if you ask me.

Moody

Moody

Quote from: Aran on Dec 03, 2009, 03:28:54 PM
Quote from: Moody on Dec 02, 2009, 08:10:30 PM
I made a quick Black Super Predator using the AVP3 game artwork, I really hope that it's at least similar as this one I made..
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt314/AmaR_NL/BSP.jpg?t=1259784540

Good job with this. Superb Pred if you ask me.

Hehe, thanks, I just darkend his armor, helmet and the skin a bit, added glowing eyes and 4 litle spikes so it doesn't look how it was described in the script. :P

keylight-di

keylight-di

@Moody, he is beautiful, but quite unlike the BSP.
Your looks normal, like should look  the BSP - no stupid mutations,  no modifications, etc. Classic. Quick, deadly dangerous, full of dignity and charm. 
This is RR version of BSP:
Spoiler
Heavy jet black armor --- a hellish mix of medieval knight and samurai -- envelops its hulking frame like the Grim Reaper's shroud.
Desiccated remains of its victims hang around its neck and belt.
A triple headed plasma caster rests on its mount. Cruelly curved blades at the elbows. Spikes on shoulders, knees and heels. Even its dreadlocks are weapons, each strand ending with a razor-sharp tip weaved into the hair.
pg. 62
[close]

So he's like big, black mutated hedgehog.  grrrr (*with anger*) :-\

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 03, 2009, 02:15:15 PM
Yes, the old Predators were cool but after 4 movies its time for a change - nothing wrong with that and thankfully RR and co agree.
Sure there is - Predators look and act a certain way.

If you don't want that, don't watch it.

QuoteCorrect. However, the "true" Predators in AvP can also be labeled with the "suck like donkey dick" tag! Thats two films were the Predators have been shit - thats enough reason for me to be entitled to ask for something different as a fan.
Except the Predators in AvP aren't anything like the Predators in the first two movies.

We've already had "different" and "upgraded" Predators. They didn't work. People did not like them, so in AvPR we got what people were used to - and people loved it.

Quote-  Predators are monsters again, the villain in the movie, how they should be potrayed!
Wolf was a villain in AvPR. In fact the only Predator ever to be a "good" guy was Scar. At the end of AvP. He and the others still butchered everyone they could until then.

QuoteAt the end of the day, Im entitled to my oponion and I would prefer to express it without someone telling me to stop watching if I dont like something they like.
It has nothing to do with not liking something I like.

It has to do with changing something that doesn't need changing. It has to do with going to see a movie called Predator for something other than Predators - Basically, it's like saying the next Jaws movie needs to be about a crocodile.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Jaws with a crocodile... I'm surprised they never tried that...

As for the Predator difference thing... I firmly believe people don't go to Predator movies for something different... They for the badass Predator the original movie gave us... Not some genetically modified freak...

You start changing the look too much you may as well rename the franchise... Hunters from Outer Space.. or some shit

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Well until I see the BSP I'm going to remain optimistic. I don't see the sense in knocking something I have not seen!

I was optimistic prior to AvP and AvPR only to be let down. As a predator fan, Ill be optimistic for Predators and I hope its 3rd time lucky!

The Demon

The Demon

Its a possibility.

I'm very fascinating to see how this turns out because there's a lot of fresh new material in this.

Aran

Aran

most important to me is the design of the mask... hope its sick...

wolfie138

wolfie138

"Jaws with a crocodile... I'm surprised they never tried that..."

Lake Placid

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 04, 2009, 01:43:09 AM
Well until I see the BSP I'm going to remain optimistic. I don't see the sense in knocking something I have not seen!

I was optimistic prior to AvP and AvPR only to be let down. As a predator fan, Ill be optimistic for Predators and I hope its 3rd time lucky!

After being optimistic twice and being let down how do you maintain the outlook?

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 04, 2009, 01:43:09 AM
@Mystic, I envy you this optimism. Really. I am not so optimistic. BSP vision is horrible, I do not like the all idea of change, it is silly and unnecessary. No sense.
You want to change the Predator. Why? He is who he is. He behaves as he behaves. He is unpredictable enough without any change. If you change the Predator, the Predator will no longer be himself. End of story. Predator it's the key in these movies. Humans-characters are there to create a background, interact. But these movies are about Predators. What will  be forthcoming movie about? The BSP and gang psychopathic humans? Where is our beloved Predator? He appears at the end and he die like the last bonehead. Just stupid.
It's senseless. And it fills me with deep sadness. I really try to be optimistic, I try not to judge this movie until I see it. But optimism requires a foundation. And neither RR nor NA are not such geniuses for me, I'm sorry ... And this scenario shows it very clear.
BTW  They should make movie about some kind of psychopathic, bloodthirsty monster and do not call it Predator. Let them leave him alone. Let them make movie about monsters. But if they have no idea how to make a good movie about Predators, let them not do that at all.

Quote from: Doomofman on Dec 03, 2009, 10:38:28 PM
Jaws with a crocodile... I'm surprised they never tried that...
Or Freddy Kruger with acrylic nails... ;)
Quote from: Jango1201 on Dec 04, 2009, 07:30:58 AM
After being optimistic twice and being let down how do you maintain the outlook?
Well, we are disappointed enough already. Twice. As for me - it's enough.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed