It's An AvP Extinction Extravaganza! - AvP Galaxy Podcasts #167 & #168

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 30, 2023, 01:08:21 PM

Author
It's An AvP Extinction Extravaganza! - AvP Galaxy Podcasts #167 & #168 (Read 5,002 times)

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2023, 08:06:35 AM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Jul 31, 2023, 07:40:08 AMYea, I did not know until listening to the interview that there was gonna be multiplayer, which would've been fine I guess, but I never saw it in that light. Then I find out about the tunnel mechanic which also sounded really cool. Great interview, sounds like those guys had a lot of fun.

It's a huge shame we never got that multiplayer. I loved the concept of the Predator player just jumping into other people's sessions. Sounds like it could have been so interesting! Same for the multi-tiered fighting too.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jul 31, 2023, 01:15:25 PMReally enjoyed these interviews guys, thanks for all of the effort!

Thanks! It's very much appreciated. A lot of damn effort goes into every one we do.  ;D

Quote from: GreybackElder on Jul 31, 2023, 05:48:05 PMThat was great! While that was the ONE AVP game I never played it was a super interesting listen. Now, you guys need to get the developers for AVP classic or AVP2 on the podcast.

We had one of the AvP2 developers back on for our 100th episode!

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2020/01/13/inspiring-terror-interview-with-aliens-vs-predator-2-developer-nathan-cheever-avp-galaxy-podcast-100/

I did try to get one of the Fox Interactive producer from this era on, but I can't remember why that never happened.

Quote from: Marc505 on Aug 01, 2023, 08:16:00 AMReally enjoying 167, hearing you all reminiscing over late 90s to late 00s experiences with gaming and the AvP universe makes me feel happily nostalgic!

PS - Sorry to any Bolton based people who wanted to rent the single copy of Extinction on Xbox that the town centre Blockbuster had, I worked there and had it on continuous staff rental for about 6 months, soz.

PPS - I never got round to completing it either...

;D I got there eventually! For this revisit. Glad you enjoyed it. Those early 00s were a fun time personally.

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Aug 01, 2023, 01:18:25 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 01, 2023, 11:54:06 AM?

Oh one of the guys on the interview episode said it and it made me laugh so hard.

Remind me? I can't remember what was said here.

Oh, the guy, Mike, I think asked Ridgetop if Jim Cameron was involved with the new Alien series and film and when Ridgetop answered 'no', Mike immediately said 'disaster'.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

::)

I hope the new Alien stuff gets consider good by normies so the "muh Aliens, muh Cameron" shit dies.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Aug 03, 2023, 09:03:18 AMOh, the guy, Mike, I think asked Ridgetop if Jim Cameron was involved with the new Alien series and film and when Ridgetop answered 'no', Mike immediately said 'disaster'.

The year is 2027, and AI advancements have allowed Cameron to work on his Avatar films and other franchises simultaneously. After announcing a triumphant return to the Aliens franchise, as he repeatedly calls it in interviews, he works in near total secrecy for three years, finally unveiling his masterpiece: A sequel to Aliens where a crippled Dwayne Hicks uses advanced technology to upload his consciousness into a cloned Engineer body, infiltrating their society.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 03, 2023, 02:38:15 PM::)

IHope the new Alien stuff gets consider good by normies so the "muh Aliens, muh Cameron" shit dies.

Quite the bar to surpass.

Kradan

Finally started listening the first one. @Darkness sure doesn't sound like what I imagined from a guy behind Jason Voorhees's mask

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed