Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite

Started by PAS Spinelli, Mar 03, 2021, 09:49:26 PM

Author
Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite (Read 67,123 times)

PraetorianX101

Quote from: acrediblesource on Mar 09, 2021, 05:54:53 PM
One other alien we can say that might be included is the chest bursters but does one even fight a chest burster?
Hey, don't underestimate them. At least a few people have fallen victim to the dreaded chestburster before. :D

Voodoo Magic

Ah man I'm really digging the Burster!

And likely indigenous to what? Any ideas anyone?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 09, 2021, 06:28:05 PM
And not liking the implication that the Pathogen can affect the Alien, makes no sense considering the Alien comes from it originally, just no thank you.

Which bit makes you say that?

Drukathi

Drukathi

No need to worry about castes - they are only a part of a constantly changing Extended Universe. In the Extended Universe, everyone can play according to its own rules.

In the films - the Сore Universe, main canon - the castes doesn't exist.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Drone and Warrior look good...
But why can't anyone get the Runner's head right apart from Locusta and Coolprops?

Spoiler

Prowler or Jumper still looks ridiculous, in particular the head, elegance's just thrown out the window.  With much of the design work focused on incorporating acid as a mechanic clearly taking priority and making each one easily identifiable over staying authentic to the Alien film universe.

Also not liking the implication that the Pathogen can affect the Alien, makes no sense considering the thing comes from it originally, just no thank you.

Yeah sadly, I kinda despise this the more I see of it, reminding me a lot of ACM's arbitrary castes and decisions.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 09, 2021, 06:30:40 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 09, 2021, 06:28:05 PM
And not liking the implication that the Pathogen can affect the Alien, makes no sense considering the thing comes from it originally, just no thank you.

Which bit makes you say that?

Something about the design of the "Spitter" I think's evocative of the Neomorph as others have mentioned. Now if it's born from one. That I can forgive.

Also Fireteam's Praetorian resembles this a fair amount do you not think?

Quote from: Drukathi on Mar 09, 2021, 05:44:59 PM
Arcturians confirmed! Wooohooo!

Arcturians only as cyberpunk trans people or gtfo

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 09, 2021, 06:35:16 PM
Something about the design of the "Spitter" I think's evocative of the Neomorph as others have mentioned. Now if it's born from one. That I can forgive.

I think it's more coincidental in terms of the posture. But I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the Neomorphs show up in this tbh! There does seem to be some overlap in terms of ACM designs, but that was never ACM's problem (apart from the Boiler).

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

I think the Spitter is a result of an alien being born oit of a host affected by the pathogen or something like that, basically make it come like a mix of both, less evolved if you will

Also Queen I think you confused the Prowler with the Burster

Also the Runner bit seems like a nitpick, they changed it slightly while still keeping it movie accurate, same for the Drone, Warrior and Queen, they've all been stylized to fit the game's artstyle, and as someone who is very nitpicky with alien designs, I'm satisfied with these
I like the Praetorian, I don't think it's inspired by rhw Spitter from ACM, as that one seemed ro be inspired by previous Praetorians instead

BlueMarsalis79

I am sure I'm referring to this and it's awful looking head, particular the front area, the face and it's immediate surroundings.

PAS Spinelli

Not sure why you deleted but I don't see any of the glowy acid bits you mentioned in your previous post, and I like it since it reminds of the older big cat spawned Aliens from Kenner, although refined, the only thing I dislike being that the red is a bit too bright

The head from that one actually seems to be ACM inspired, looks alot like the crusher's

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Designer: What kinda face you want on your heavy runner bro?

Producer: Just f**k my shit up.

Also

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 09, 2021, 07:44:54 PM

I am sure I'm referring to this and it's awful looking head, particular the front area, the face and it's immediate surroundings.

That mouth though.

PAS Spinelli

Maybe I'm just letting nostalgia from seeing keener toys get a hold of me, but I'm fine with the Prowler (way better than Jumper btw)
The ones I don't like are the burster and spitter, for lore reasons rather than design reasons (although the acid glowing is stupid imho), but if they play it right this can get pretty good, hoping this is a xeno that came out of a infected human/animal, instead of a infected Xeno

BlueMarsalis79

So Spitter from infected human and Burster from infected animal? Yeah I can dig that idea.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 09, 2021, 08:34:02 PM
So Spitter from infected human and Burster from infected animal? Yeah I can dig that idea.

Well I remember one of the leaked details about the game from a while ago that was backed-up by the synopsis for the prequel novel, but may have since been changed, had....
Spoiler
the Xenos escaping from a crashed space station that was doing "research" on them and they subsequently crossbred with the planet's local wildlife. So it's possible they could say they're all the results of experimentation crossed with different types of alien animals.
[close]

Regardless, I think these designs look overall really good. The Drone and Runner look great, and yeah that Neomorph influence in the Spitter's design is a cool touch. I did initially mistake the Praetorian for the Spitter due to the bright glowing acidy bits on him. Not sure why they included that particular design element there. Unless it actually spits or explodes it seems unnecessary. And though the separation between the now-named Prowler's mouth and dome makes the mouth look a bit weird, I still really like the segmented head and its colours.

Drukathi

Drukathi

tbh, never understood how the idea of Burster can work at all? Aliens ain't ants. They cannot reproduce freely. For each xeno, you need a victim. And very stupid, it seems to me, to have a creature that is born only to self-destroy. In addition, it can kill potential hosts. Moreover, other xeno: warriors, drones, runners are no less effective, but also are "reusable". And they can capture victims alive.

Dingbat

Dingbat

"In short, don't kill them up close"? Which type of Xeno are we supposed to kill up close  ???

On a more serious note, I literally just realised that this could be the Exact alien game I've been wanting, I always love CO-OP stuff, mainly cos I suck at Multiplayer, I even hate being the imposter in Among us.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed