Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 193,678 times)

Corporal Hicks

It wont load the video. Even on the IGN page. I'll have to try it from work tomorrow.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Via Tristan's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/tyrannojones/status/722584348214448128

His artwork is on a whole different level!

Also, I'm not saying that's Calpamos, but...

Also, am I seeing things, or is that...the Auriga? Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

*Mod Note - Added the image to the post. Corporal Hicks.

tyrannosaurusjones

Not the Auriga (half the length, different cockpit/forward configuration), but deliberately a related model... ;)

Ultramorph

Nice reference! The USM really was ramshackle if they were using ships that old.  :D

tyrannosaurusjones

I figure with Tech it reaches a point where the only thing different is the insides. Like game consoles, cars. Even look at ships and guns. We got a design that works, and it's barely changed. A few functional things here and there. Also, Brian's a Resurrection fan, so I figured I'd sneak at least one reference in. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it's in the novelization where they say the Auriga was a ship they pulled out of mothballs. I love that reference!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Neat! Artwork's awesome, as always.

Getting a serious Sevastopol vibe off that first one!

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Apr 20, 2016, 03:32:35 AMAlso, Brian's a Resurrection fan, so I figured I'd sneak at least one reference in. ;)

Interesting to hear of someone who isn't just constantly slating that film! It does get a bad rep.

tyrannosaurusjones

Well there you go! I've not read the resurrection novel yet... Might have to get the audio books for while I draw! Bought all the novels ages ago, but clearly need them read to me!! ;)

And as for the Sevastopol vibe... this is a somewhat similar station, but it's single spire... I'll reveal the full thing later ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Apr 20, 2016, 08:46:18 AM
Well there you go! I've not read the resurrection novel yet... Might have to get the audio books for while I draw! Bought all the novels ages ago, but clearly need them read to me!! ;)

It's a better experience than the film, I think!

QuoteDeskshot: Found a happy medium between the ridges look and the classic "Big Chap".

HuDaFuK

Things are not about to end well for that guy on the right.

StrangeShape

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2016, 08:07:53 AM

That or there's just an egg in front of him? Did we get eggmorphing confirmed? I can't remember.

QuoteThe great Massimo Carnevale has painted my favourite new character in Aliens: Defiance. I'm absolutely stoked!
Thats beautiful work, both pencils and color. Very moody too

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 20, 2016, 02:24:26 PM

"Hey Mate you got something on your face, let me get it for you"

426Buddy

Defiance looks so amazing, that art is perfect for this universe.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 20, 2016, 02:24:26 PM

...Nor that guy on the left.

Russ840

Can't next week be here now. This art would look amaze in the Dark Horse library format, the same as the complete fire and stone. Here's hoping the series does well and it sees a large reprint

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed