Started by Frosty Venom, Oct 04, 2018, 05:57:26 PM

Which do you like better?

Prometheus
70 (50%)
Alien Covenant
70 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Author
Prometheus or Alien Covenant? (Read 34,601 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Do you remember when Alien Covenant was only about to come out? And in second trailer in the end of it you see that smiling Xeno? I was instantly hooked. And i prefer Covenant firstly because it incorporates elements from Prometheus into Alien mythology and how weird that amalgamation is. I'm one of these few fans who thought absent of creature in Prometheus was a big deal. Alien was for me really that connection that help to admit all this phylosophical stuff and to admire it despite i feel that Alien didn't get time that it deserves. I'm not very interested in Engineers and think that they have to remain mysterious as much as possible.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 04, 2019, 03:33:45 PM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 04, 2019, 01:55:02 PM
Writes itself.   8)

That's not always a good thing, while I think some of your ideas are very creative and in the context of Covenant I enjoy David as the creator- I'm not too keen on the idea that he's responsible for everything the crew of the Nostromo finds on LV-426, or HR Giger-ish structures on another world; that's way way too much.

You're just not juicy enough.  ;D

P-Rock

P-Rock

Covenant all the way. It's not rocket science but at least it's consistent and has a good pace.

After a very strong first half, Prometheus falls apart because of overzealous editing, rearranging scenes and reshoots.

Evanus

Evanus

It didn't have much reshot though, did it?

Voodoo Magic

Prometheus 48.
Covenant 46.

I think we know who's bringing home that trophy!  ;D

Necronomicon II

It ain't over you juicy, juicy melon.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: Evanus on Feb 07, 2019, 12:38:43 AM
It didn't have much reshot though, did it?

Two or three scenes mostly. I watched Prometheus yesterday and after that the deleted/extended scenes. I like the take at the end where Shaw is much harder on a decapitated David much better than what we got. Same goes for the reshot Holloway and Shaw 'love' scene.

To be honest, it's kind of a mystery to me why most of the deleted and extended scenes got deleted and shortened in the first place.

SM

SM

Pacing.

They're generally pretty superfluous.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2019, 09:26:45 AM
Pacing.

They're generally pretty superfluous.

Yeah, he probably  tried to keep it under 2 hours, but by getting rid of these scenes you lose some important character development and explanations of why a certain character reacts that way (Millburn's snake charming for example). A couple of scenes don't really matter, but most of them do add something to the story.

SM

SM

Millburn's snake charming is all over the place since he runs away from a dead body, yet makes googly eyes at the hammerpede.  Including the deleted scene with the worm doesn't really change anything.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2019, 10:28:56 AM
Millburn's snake charming is all over the place since he runs away from a dead body, yet makes googly eyes at the hammerpede.  Including the deleted scene with the worm doesn't really change anything.

It was Fifield who got scared and ran away. Milburn just agreed with him that the ship was a better place to be than where they were. The fact that he reacted so enthousiastic towards the worm does somewhat explain his reaction towards the hammerpede.

Necronomicon II

Fifield being freaked also sort of kinda explains why he got lost too lol, I don't think every single tunnel passage had been mapped. Albeit, this should have been communicated better, a simple "ah my scanner says this way but now it's saying this way, bugger me rocks."  ;D

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 07, 2019, 12:03:52 PM
Fifield being freaked also sort of kinda explains why he got lost too lol, I don't think every single tunnel passage had been mapped. Albeit, this should have been communicated better, a simple "ah my scanner says this way but now it's saying this way, bugger me rocks."  ;D

It's still kinda stupid though since they are always in contact with the ship, which has a 3d map of the place. They could've just asked 'Hey cap, where the hell are we now and where do we need to go?'. Yet they choose the place with the oozing vases and black goo for a rest.

Necronomicon II

Yeah that needed work definitely.

SM

SM

Quote from: P-Rock on Feb 07, 2019, 11:35:32 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2019, 10:28:56 AM

It was Fifield who got scared and ran away. Milburn just agreed with him that the ship was a better place to be than where they were. The fact that he reacted so enthousiastic towards the worm does somewhat explain his reaction towards the hammerpede.

Fifield didn't leave on his own.  Millburn had a job to do as a biologist but avoided studying the biology of a new lifeform - a dead and therefore much safer one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed