Alien 3: A Sore Subject for Michael Biehn & Sigourney Weaver mourns "Hicks"

Started by Voodoo Magic, Aug 02, 2019, 08:16:36 PM

Author
Alien 3: A Sore Subject for Michael Biehn & Sigourney Weaver mourns "Hicks" (Read 32,628 times)

The Old One

The Old One

No I don't believe so.

razeak

Quote from: SM on Aug 04, 2019, 04:30:58 AM
Coffey and Johnny Ringo aren't even remotely the same ballpark as Hicks and Reese.

You're right. I didn't write that very well. I was trying  to make a point about performances and blended it with lasting appeal.

The Old One

The Old One

Definitely talented.

Voodoo Magic

I know Michael is praised for Ringo, only surpassed by praise for Val as Doc Holliday, but is his role in the The Abyss celebrated too? I've never heard much of that, but maybe it's because I'm lukewarm to the film and outside those fan circles.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 04, 2019, 06:25:24 AM
No I don't believe so.

I only just recently got around to Tombstone and really enjoyed it. I do recommend giving it a go.

426Buddy

Tombstone is awesome, I don't watch it much anymore because I've seen it so many times. Biehn plays an great villain and the cast is incredible.

This film has Bill Paxton, Michael Biehn, Michael Rooker, Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer, Sam Elliot, Charlton Heston, Stephen Lang, Billy Bob Thornton,  Billy Zane, Thomas Haden Church, and Powers Boothe.

If you have any interest in Westerns I recommend checking it out.

Also I think Biehns villain in The Abyss is one of the best things about that film.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It's definitely one of the best things about the Abyss.

It's not a terrible movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it is definately not like Cameron's other action movies and much more of a slow burn in comparison.  The extended film is slower still, but makes more sense. 

razeak

razeak

I think Ringo was covered well here already. My knowledge of Coffey doesn't come from fan pages or anything. It's just my general feeling about the character. Ringo and Coffey aren't on the level of Hicks or Reese clearly, but I think they are generally memorable characters. Coffey is a great performance. I would argue it's a better performance than Ringo.

Fiendishlyinventive, I recommend both. A lot more energy in Tombstone, but the Abyss is a good film too.

Kimarhi

Tombstone might be the best modern western ever made.

The Abyss is a good scifi movie if you want something a little different.  Its not super kinetic or anything like that and is more philosophical than Cameron's other action films.  I don't really know if I'd even class it as action tbh.  There are a couple of iconic scenes in the movie concerning SFX that have been done better by todays standards but were still fairly awesome back then. 

Darwinsgirl

I loved Tombstone. To me Unforgiven tops it.  Eastwood,Hackman,Freeman,Harris their performances are superb.

The Abyss is an enjoyable film though I wouldn't call it top shelf. Just my opinion.  :)

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps worth investigation then.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 04, 2019, 04:26:36 PM
Tombstone might be the best modern western ever made.

I thought Unforgiven was pretty terrific as well.

Huggs

Open Range has my vote.

Kimarhi

I liked tombstone better because the characters were more interesting. 

Haven't seen unforgiven though.

Huggs

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 05, 2019, 01:58:34 AM
I liked tombstone better because the characters were more interesting. 

Haven't seen unforgiven though.

Tombstone is A western.

Open Range is A western.

Unforgiven is THE western.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed