"Predator 2 Is the Most Enjoyable Predator Movie, Period"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 13, 2015, 09:50:41 AM

Author
"Predator 2 Is the Most Enjoyable Predator Movie, Period" (Read 7,576 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://io9.com/predator-2-is-the-most-enjoyable-predator-movie-period-1742249743

QuotePredator 2, which takes place in the urban jungle of Los Angeles, is loud, sweaty, and exuberantly violent—and all of its main characters are macho blowhards. It does not have Schwarzenegger, but it does have one-liners galore, Bill Paxton, and Gary Busey. It is magic.

I've not had chance to read it yet.

Via Willie Goldman from Aliens Collection.

THE CITY HUNTER

It was fun and enjoyable.

QuiGonGinNJuice

I agree.  As I have said before the LA cops don't seem as tough as the boys in the jungle. But the in depth look into Predator society is great. Also the action scenes are better. I love rolling "King Willie" sized joints and watching the movie.

blood.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: QuiGonGinNJuice on Nov 13, 2015, 07:07:31 PM
I agree.  As I have said before the LA cops don't seem as tough as the boys in the jungle. But the in depth look into Predator society is great. Also the action scenes are better. I love rolling "King Willie" sized joints and watching the movie.
Both were good in their own way.

cloverfan98

It's not my favorite or anything but I never understood the hate P2 gets. I think it's a fine film and quite a lot of fun. I did enjoy Predators more but that's just me.

HuDaFuK

While it's nice to see Predator 2 getting some much-needed love, it's absolutely not the best of the three. The original from 1987 is an all-time classic, whereas the second, underrated as it is, isn't.

Randomizer

50/50. Like QuiGonGinNJuice said, Predator 2 has an in-depth look at the Predator society, whereas the first movie worked better like a typical action movie (not so reliant on story, just enjoying the movie overall) but introduced a better cast (the other half of P2 is centered mostly on just Harrigan and the Predator).

Both movies can be considered iconic, so that's out of the question.

RakaiThwei

Predator 2 makes me smile. I remember actually getting the VHS at a Clover discount store when I was... six years old, and I was still into Power Rangers at that time. So I have fond memories of the movie as my Dad would pick me up from school well before the school day was finished, and watch the movie before Power Rangers would come on. This movie provided me a lot of good times...

Corporal Hicks

I've always enjoyed Predator 2. Mostly because of all the extra Predator goodness you get in it and I'm an absolute sucker for lore stuff like this.

HuDaFuK

There's also Danny Glover's amazing suit jackets.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 18, 2015, 08:56:32 AM
There's also Danny Glover's amazing suit jackets.

The 90s and fashion...man. It just hurts my eyes.  :P

Infected

the first is unbeatable and that will always be that, because it understood its time at its best.
The second was also very good but different, but still a worthy sequel.

DerelictShip

I 100% agree with this simply because there is never a dull moment and it has so many elements incorporated.

However, Predator remains better in its own respect soulfully because of the suspense and mystery seen.

Bottom line both are great films in my eyes and even though they are the same they are very different do to the directors stances....really depends om what mood you're in to figure out which one you want to watch....at least for me

SpreadEagleBeagle

I agree too. It's definitely the most enjoyable, but I still think that P1 one is a far better movie. I like it how it's all macho and hung-ho American heave-ho in the beginning, guns blazing, but then as zoo as they run into the Predator the roles are reversed and all of a sudden being a big strong male with big guns means jack shit. Arnold feels more like a 10-year old boy trying to run away from Jason or Leatherface - it's even emphasized as the Predator's hearing registers Dutch's panting in a higher pitch, making him sounds really small and frail. You get the feeling that the Predator could snap Dutch in half just like that if he wanted to, but that he chooses to let Dutch fight back a little to make it more "fun" in the end.

In all its ridiculous macho brawniness, P1 is actually a pretty "smart" action movie. P2 on the other hand is a really fun ride from the second you get on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed