Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 143,777 times)

azamultic

azamultic

Man, so sad can't watch it on Hulu (...having troubes finding other sources  ;D

Enjoy

Enjoy

Spoiler
I am guessing the flintlock ends up being given in a trade out of respect from one to another rather then being violantly taken as a trophy.
[close]

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 05, 2022, 06:50:00 AM
Quote from: Seedkiller on Aug 05, 2022, 06:39:45 AMI just didn't like the undoing of canon with the 1718 story line

The films are never beholden to the comics, I'm afraid.

IDK sometimes that's a good thing.

Enjoy

Enjoy

I am emotional about this movie. It was good and had heart.  :'(  shocked it worked and still feels like the predator has so much left as a character and the world building and hunts left to unfold.

Seedkiller

Seedkiller

Quote from: Seedkiller on Aug 05, 2022, 06:39:45 AMI just didn't like the undoing of canon with the 1718 story line

Spoiler
I get that, but it kinda undoes the predator 2 lore in a way. The comic story makes sense since it was the actual elder that received it in the comic which makes more sense.
I fully understand that they don't always go hand in hand, but to me it just feels like they strayed way into far fetched territory when they actually had a perfectly good story for it in the comic.
[close]
Jus my two cents

SiL

SiL

We don't know how the Elder gets it.

Seedkiller

Seedkiller

Also, I'm kinda tired of the whole "let's totally change the way the predator looks" angle. They tried it in predators and not that many people like it. This time, they went way off the rails with the look. I still kinda like it, but it jus was pushing it a little too far.

Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2022, 07:22:29 AMWe don't know how the Elder gets it.
I get that. Hence, why I think the comic did pretty good justice to a theory. Plus the comic just held pretty good weight to it considering the "take it" line and just the overall reason.

I fully acknowledge the newer "botch about everything" generation these days. But I assure you, I am not part of that. I'm just stating a few opinions is all.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Spoiler
In the credits they show ships returning. Perhaps they interact and simply trade the flintlock to p2 elder. I could see the flintlock being a recurring theme in future stories.
[close]
Disney is now streaming R rated stuff in the future.
Pirates if the Caribbean crossover revives johnny depps acting. Jack sparrow wih predator.!

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Can we keep using spoiler tags when talking about specifics?

I am enjoying this thread to see people's opinions on first viewing but wont get to watch it myself until tonight.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 05, 2022, 07:08:00 AM

IDK sometimes that's a good thing.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I have no issue with them retconning that particular comic. I expected it ever since we saw the timeframe.

Quote from: Seedkiller on Aug 05, 2022, 07:20:13 AM

Spoiler
I get that, but it kinda undoes the predator 2 lore in a way. The comic story makes sense since it was the actual elder that received it in the comic which makes more sense.
I fully understand that they don't always go hand in hand, but to me it just feels like they strayed way into far fetched territory when they actually had a perfectly good story for it in the comic.
[close]
Jus my two cents

It doesn't contradict Predator 2. There's no specifics in P2 to contradict.

Spoiler
We don't know how Greyback got that pistol, and it's implied more Predators are coming, so there's additional conflict implied there.
[close]

Quote from: Enjoy on Aug 05, 2022, 07:33:10 AM
Spoiler
In the credits they show ships returning. Perhaps they interact and simply trade the flintlock to p2 elder. I could see the flintlock being a recurring theme in future stories.
[close]
Disney is now streaming R rated stuff in the future.
Pirates if the Caribbean crossover revives johnny depps acting. Jack sparrow wih predator.!

There's no way
Spoiler
it'll be trading. It's going to be in conflict.
[close]

Quote from: Seedkiller on Aug 05, 2022, 07:22:50 AMAlso, I'm kinda tired of the whole "let's totally change the way the predator looks" angle. They tried it in predators and not that many people like it. This time, they went way off the rails with the look. I still kinda like it, but it jus was pushing it a little too far.

Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2022, 07:22:29 AMWe don't know how the Elder gets it.
I get that. Hence, why I think the comic did pretty good justice to a theory. Plus the comic just held pretty good weight to it considering the "take it" line and just the overall reason.

I fully acknowledge the newer "botch about everything" generation these days. But I assure you, I am not part of that. I'm just stating a few opinions is all.

I'm not keen on the unmasked look of Feral. But I f**king love that mask. Easily one of my top 3.

Seedkiller

Seedkiller

When is neca gonna jump on board? I keep checking the toy web sites haha

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Man, Prey was awesome. Glad it came out like hours before midnight! I guess not many are much of a fan of the unmasked feral, and to that, as I've stated on Facebook, I agree. To me, it looks kind of goofy but the overall masked look was so badass! What was weird to me, specifically, was that it did not feel 90 minutes long. It felt longer to me, probably me and the wife were so enthralled by the film and Naru.

Speaking of Naru, oh man, she was so good! It's interesting that a lot of earlier plot summaries put a defying gender norms spin on it but I did not see that at all. Naru was obviously intelligent and adaptive.

You know, I probably would've paid to see this movie and I still would if they're thinking about a physical release.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Seedkiller on Aug 05, 2022, 08:13:57 AMWhen is neca gonna jump on board? I keep checking the toy web sites haha

If I remember rightly they've said they'll be doing some Prey figures. I'm looking forward to getting Feral.

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Aug 05, 2022, 08:17:25 AMSpeaking of Naru, oh man, she was so good! It's interesting that a lot of earlier plot summaries put a defying gender norms spin on it but I did not see that at all. Naru was obviously intelligent and adaptive.

I've not watched it at home again yet, but yeah, I keep saying I didn't notice that at all when I did see it.

Spoiler
It was "we want your medical skills."
[close]

No-one told her no because she was a woman.

SiL

SiL

I think it mostly comes from the trailer, which provides no context for why they say she can't be a warrior and it's edited in a way that kind of implies the obvious.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2022, 08:35:01 AMI think it mostly comes from the trailer, which provides no context for why they say she can't be a warrior and it's edited in a way that kind of implies the obvious.

I remember it being said way before those trailers were released. But I also believe that was like more on the line of 'panic' news and even then, it was kind of a weird thing to say, at least for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed