10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 143,777 times)

immortalundead

immortalundead

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Aug 05, 2022, 02:12:09 AMIt's the quiet moments with Naru and her beloved doggo, the panoramic scenery, juxtaposed with the brutal chaos, it's just really well executed. Dan nailed this.

It was such a beautiful film. Excited to watch again.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Really enjoyed this. I'm giving it a four on the poll because I think it started good, but not great, but once the Feral really started to kick ass the movie picked up like crazy and didn't stop until the end. Naru and her brother were pretty great, and the dog was cool. Feral is a total badass, too.

I rank it third in the series after 1 and 2, a bit above Predators, and way above The Predator.

Edit: I watched it in English because I didn't know Hulu was giving the Comanche version its own separate listing. I thought I would just change the languages like on a home release.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Its here!

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Just finished Prey! Wow. That was awesome. First off the cinematography was beautiful. The multiple wide angle shots were breathtaking. The musical score was awesome. Actually very reminiscent of bioshock three and I can't wait to listen to it over and over. The predator was great and his weaponry was impressive. Prey f**king delivered. It's definitely up there with the first one for me. Today I watched p1,p2 and Predators and for me the pacing is more akin to Predator than anything. It was a slow burn with a series of subtle reveals that feel very much in line with predator.Hell take the Predator out of the film and it's still an engaging and interesting film. Dan Trachtenberg absolutely nailed the overall atmosphere and feel of a predator film.It was scaled back, raw and emotional. Every bit of Naru's journey is earned. She REALLY goes through It to get to the end. My only gripe was the predator face reveal. It was very mehhh for me. Not flashy like City or Hunter. Very middle of the road in my opinion. Overall very impressed. This ranks as top 3 for me:
Predator
Predator 2
Prey(honestly tied with P2)
Predators
The predator

chrisr232007

Wow I liked it a lot! The predator design is different which not against it but wish it where more like pred 1 and 2. I feel this movie is a great step in the right direction and hope it's successful to spawn more movies like it. I give it a 8/10.

ace3g

ace3g

Did everyone stay till the end portion of the credit sequence

Spoiler
Spoiler
Chief and wife point to the sky, Naru turns and looks - 3 Predator ships appear in the sky
[close]
[close]

SynnerX

SynnerX

Downloaded this the minute it hit online. Just skimming through it on my phone and it looks amazing. But won't spoil it and save it for tonight with the kids, can't wait! 😄

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

This movie was outstanding! The action and brutality alone were the best in the series in my opinion, the cinematography was excellent, the musical score was perfect and the design of the predator was imposing and impressive to see on screen. I place this as good as the original and my second favorite film tied with Predator 2. Really was impressed with this one.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Really good but so different then the first movie or any. It is a movie with a predator in it.

ebridwell89

ebridwell89

PREY was absolutely EPIC!!! Best film in the franchise since PREDATOR 2!!!

Also I loved the design of the Feral Predator!

Solid 8/10

Seedkiller

Seedkiller

I just didn't like the undoing of canon with the 1718 story line

SiL

SiL

It was never canon so it's not a problem.

Enjoy

Enjoy

It left me asking questions and wanting more new original stories. Also the flintlock.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Seedkiller on Aug 05, 2022, 06:39:45 AMI just didn't like the undoing of canon with the 1718 story line

The films are never beholden to the comics, I'm afraid.

Enjoy

Enjoy

The mask and fight scenes made up for a lack of stan winston

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed