ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 398,660 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on May 18, 2016, 02:45:42 AM
Cloning a dead character had a point to the plot.  It was the only way they could get an Alien.
It was the only way they could get Ripley back into the plot, you mean. There were a million ways they could have had an Alien story without Ripley.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 18, 2016, 05:38:41 AM
Quote from: SM on May 18, 2016, 02:45:42 AM
Cloning a dead character had a point to the plot.  It was the only way they could get an Alien.

It was the only way they could get Ripley back into the plot, you mean. There were a million ways they could have had an Alien story without Ripley.

Indeed.  The general premise of Prometheus would have made a decent sequel to Alien 3.  We could have had a Ripley-less crew find the alien homeworld and watch the chaos ensue.

Okay, my hardcover copy of the SMTM arrived today.  Is the WY logo on the front supposed to have a slightly worn, distressed look to it?

Xenomrph

Kinda sorta? The cover smudges kinda easily, but it's easy to clean up.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 18, 2016, 12:45:50 PMIs the WY logo on the front supposed to have a slightly worn, distressed look to it?

Yes.

Corporal Hicks

I got a notification saying my standard edition had been shipping. So UK folk, looks like we're getting it now!

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2016, 07:11:44 AM
I got a notification saying my standard edition had been shipping. So UK folk, looks like we're getting it now!
Wait, didn't you have the deluxe edition already? Why bother buying the standard edition?

Also speaking of the deluxe edition, what does Jones' vet report say? No seriously, I think it's a hoot that it would include something like that and I want to know what it says.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2016, 07:11:44 AMI got a notification saying my standard edition had been shipping. So UK folk, looks like we're getting it now!

Who did you order from? I got my copy last week.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 20, 2016, 08:07:04 AM
Wait, didn't you have the deluxe edition already? Why bother buying the standard edition?

The deluxe doesn't fit on my shelf unfortunately. It's in its box on top of my wardrobe waiting for a proper place to display it. I brought another one to keep on the shelf and read with ease.

QuoteAlso speaking of the deluxe edition, what does Jones' vet report say? No seriously, I think it's a hoot that it would include something like that and I want to know what it says.

If I remember I'll try and take a picture.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 20, 2016, 08:51:10 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2016, 07:11:44 AMI got a notification saying my standard edition had been shipping. So UK folk, looks like we're getting it now!

Who did you order from? I got my copy last week.

Amazon. You?

HuDaFuK

Book Depository.

I was wrong actually, I think it was Monday this week it arrived.

Corporal Hicks

Ah, fair enough! I guess Amazon is a bit slow on this one.

HuDaFuK

Well I think today is the official UK release date so Book Depository obviously just jumped the gun a bit.

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 19, 2016, 12:12:14 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 18, 2016, 12:45:50 PMIs the WY logo on the front supposed to have a slightly worn, distressed look to it?

Yes.

Just in case, I had Amazon replace it.  The new one had the same marks on the logo so I guess it's intentional.  Maybe it's supposed to look like a book that's been heavily used.

When is SM's book-signing tour?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 20, 2016, 09:59:18 AM
Well I think today is the official UK release date so Book Depository obviously just jumped the gun a bit.

Lee Harvey Oswald over here.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 16, 2016, 09:04:05 PM
Is [the APC blueprints] published anywhere (online or otherwise) for others to read?
Quote from: SM on May 16, 2016, 09:56:30 PM
No.
Turns out that's true, from a certain point of view:

http://www.hydride-ion.com/2014/03/m577-armored-personnel-carrier-apc.html

I want to buy it and support the artist, but 24"x36" is kinda huge and I don't even know where I'd put it. Something like the smaller prints for the Nostromo and Sulaco that came with The Alien Vault and Aliens: Colonial Marines are a bit more appealing to me.

Everlasting Undead

Yeah, I'm with Corp. Hicks on this one, I ordered it from Amazon and they pretty much sucked ass through the whole order process. Of course, between me preordering the book and it actually being shipped the price has dropped about £15, so I've 'saved' some money.

Apparently, it's in the process of being prepared for dispatch.

Doctor Ash

Got it yesterday. A real gem. Absolutely like it. About the differences between the Alien in the first two movies, i like that it isn't explained away so much as an age difference but more like it could be different castes.

Maybe Kane's son is an gatherer which starts an hive by collecting hosts for creating an queen facehugger bearing egg and an egg for an warrior to protect the queen, as it doesn't live long enough to do it himself. Maybe gatherers are the only aliens capable of egg morphing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed