Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more)

Started by ikarop, Apr 04, 2012, 08:56:36 AM

Author
Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more) (Read 70,871 times)

Prime113

Quote from: [USCM]Winter on Apr 05, 2012, 01:10:41 PM
Gearbox upgraded many things from E3 demo.
And look at that graphic details. ;D

Indeed. Though, I found my self liking the look of the Pulse Rifle more in the E3 demo than in what we got yesterday.

Capitalist

Capitalist

From what I've seen, and in my opinion, the game looks worlds better than the last demo we saw. 

A couple things that I don't like.  The sounds, like others have mentioned, aren't spot on.  They need to be, no excuses.  The pulse rifle sounds bizarre.  I see what they're trying to do with the pitch changing... but it's not sounding right. 

I can't quite hear the smart gun... I want to say it sort of sounds like the movie, but I'm not sure.  It NEEDS to sound like the movie.  I don't know why so many versions of this gun have a completely innaccurate sound, but I'll be very disappointed if ACM doesn't nail it.  Also, i don't think it should allow you to see through walls, but consider this - when Drake/Vasquez are using the smart gun, they have one eye closed.  I'm assuming this is so they can see what the gun is picking up.  Perhaps that should be integrated into the game.  You can toggle having one eye closed (via alt fire) and what you see on screen would reflect this.

The alien blood looks much better (in campaign, NOT in MP) but seems to dissipate in the air?  Why?  When aliens are killed they make a mess!  Hopefully this is adjusted.

Main, and biggest gripe... the motion tracker.  Red dots?  No... just no.  They weren't red in the movie, they shouldn't be red here.  Also, they shouldn't even be dots!  In the movie, the object being picked up almost appears cell-like on the tracker.  As there are more objects picked up, these cell-like objects begin to connect forming a mass.  Why hasn't a single aliens game reflected this?  I was fine with this back when the original AVP came out, but that was 1999.  It's been 13 years, fix the tracker please.  Also please make the tracker audible whether the marine is holding it up or not.

Lastly, I'd be willing to bet GB is reading these forums for feedback (the sail tail is gone, isn't it?) so I think it's great we keep the constructive criticism coming, but let's try not to be too negative.  These guys are clearly excited about the project and working really hard.  When the final product comes out, it's not going to be Aliens.  Nothing is ever going to be Aliens except Aliens and our expectations should take this fact into consideration.  I thought about it, and with this much build up, there's a HUGE chance I'll initially be disappointed with ACM which is why I'm going to spend some solid game time with it before I offer an opinion.

Hemi

QuoteAnd Predator wasn't good in every game because the developer never caught the spirit of it with the gameplay it deserves as a stealthy hunter.
I strongly advise you to play AJL Mod Release 3.0 a mod for AVP2 which give justice to Predator and the way it should be played.

So I need to install a mod so it justifies the predator? So many things wrong that statement. All the AVP games can do without the predator...all the AVP movies aswell.

aka...they should have never crossed the two franchises. Like drinking fine wine with a happy meal. Predator almost killed the alien franchise, lets never let that happen again. The two DONT mix. Period. They should have kept it with the cheesy crossover darkhorse comics, nothing more.

Predator stand-alone was good fun, and I enjoyed the last "Predators" movie. But the pred itself doesnt belong in the alien franchise.

Prime113

What are you talking about? Its the Alien that doesn't belong in the Predator Universe. Period.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Spoiler
Quote from: Hemi on Apr 05, 2012, 02:34:48 PM
QuoteAnd Predator wasn't good in every game because the developer never caught the spirit of it with the gameplay it deserves as a stealthy hunter.
I strongly advise you to play AJL Mod Release 3.0 a mod for AVP2 which give justice to Predator and the way it should be played.

So I need to install a mod so it justifies the predator? So many things wrong that statement. All the AVP games can do without the predator...all the AVP movies aswell.

aka...they should have never crossed the two franchises. Like drinking fine wine with a happy meal. Predator almost killed the alien franchise, lets never let that happen again. The two DONT mix. Period. They should have kept it with the cheesy crossover darkhorse comics, nothing more.

Predator stand-alone was good fun, and I enjoyed the last "Predators" movie. But the pred itself doesnt belong in the alien franchise.

You're not smart.
I said "IF YOU WANT TO SEE HOW A PREDATOR GAMEPLAY HAS BEEN HANDLE WELL AND THAT IS POSSIBLE, GO PLAY AJL R3".
There's no justification, I'm not giving opinions on "why da heck predator is in Alien universe or whatever" that retarded fanboy attitude is really out of place.

No Alien or Predator belonged so far in other franchise.
They made a new one called "AVP".

You're the kind of guy who lame lame lame but if we tell you that both AVP could have been either an Alien or a Predator movie with only humans going into a pyramid in antartica or fighting Aliens in guninson because a Space Jockey ship would have crashed you would have had an heart attack.

Wake up pink bear, this ain't dadadaland with things that goes in an unilateral sense where everything is so easy to understand and deal with.
[close]

---------------------------------------------

And concerning the pulse rifle I remember saying several times on this forum that it IS SURE they DON'T OWN THE COPYRIGHTS so you'll never ever ever ever ever get it in a release game but as MOD.

Think a little.  :-\

WinterActual

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 05, 2012, 02:36:29 PM
What are you talking about? Its the Alien that doesn't belong in the Predator Universe. Period.
Lol.... Pred's universe is way too poor compared to the alien one. You can't create a whole universe from just 2 movies.

Prime113

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 05, 2012, 02:48:23 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 05, 2012, 02:36:29 PM
Lol.... Pred's universe is way too poor compared to the alien one. You can't create a whole universe from just 2 movies.

:laugh: Yeah, I agree, the Alien universe is much richer than the Predator one. I was just kinda trollin' lol. And, there are 3 Predator movies.  :)

ikarop

Enough with the Predator discussion guys. Please stay on topic. Any further off-topics posts will be removed.

Prime113

Sorry, Ikarop. My bad.

What other news will come from the weekend? I've seen a few people say "I'll wait and see what happens over the weekend."

RagingDragon

PAX East is going on, and there will be more multiplayer action and other videos probably.  They also said something about revealing more about the multiplayer and the game overall.  Should be exciting shit! :laugh:

newbeing

I'll be going to PAX east this weekend and will hopefully get to attend the Panel on Sunday. I'm going to try to talk with people from Sega and Gearbox. If anything new or interesting comes up I'll do my best to give updates and impressions, but I'm sure there will probably be a lot of press stuff going on as well.

Tonks from the Gearbox forums  will also be attending.

RagingDragon

Awesome.  I lurk over there a lot as well.  Excited to see what you guys get, have fun!

ikarop

Tonks (Husky at our forums) will be doing an exclusive write up for AvPGalaxy about PAX East and A:CM. He also will be providing all of us with pictures and info throughout the weekend. Even got him on Sega's list actually. In short, we all will be trying our best to give people the best online coverage of PAX East :).

escroto

Could there be some more new material this weekend then, or just what we've seen already but played by some of the guys who post here

newbeing

Quote from: ikarop on Apr 05, 2012, 03:58:04 PM
Tonks (Husky at our forums) will be doing an exclusive write up for AvPGalaxy about PAX East and A:CM. He also will be providing all of us with pictures and info throughout the weekend. Even got him on Sega's list actually. In short, we all will be trying our best to give people the best online coverage of PAX East :).

Nice. I can't wait to see what they have for a set up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed