AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 325,755 times)

SM

SM

What?

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Just wondering why, if you knew all that, why did it confude you?

SiL

SiL

There was no confusion; it was just an oddity.

Quote from: Requiem28 on May 18, 2010, 06:52:17 PM
if you ever become a big time Hollywood director, you should go back to this film and make a full length feature that would be released world wide.  you would have more resources, bigger budget; everything!  ;)

i dunno, it's a good fan short sure, but i'm not sure if a 15 minute best bits compilation of AVPR would be any worse, the only good things it has that seperates it from AVPR is a better Predalien design, a queen, a better story and the fact it's set in space.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Better acting and more likable characters, too.

Sure, the marine that shows up doesn't say anything, but he's effective:

- He provides tension and excitement through blasting the Predalien from off-screen. We're left wondering what's going on and the momentary confusion is resolved by the revelation of the marine himself.
- He's afraid of the Predalien, even after downing it. There's human caution there, and we're left shouldering his own feelings of uncertainty.
- He's on the same level as us. It shortly occurs to us that Spartan Scott is still somewhere in the room, and when the sound effects suggest this, we're in the marine's own boots.
- When speared, he acts like a total badass and gives Spartan Scott a run for his money. Instant cred.

You could essentially have the film as we've seen it be the first ten minutes and last ten minutes of a feature-length film. Improve the visual and animation aspects and we've got a perfectly workable introduction and conclusion.

The 70 minutes that aren't there can essentially be a little bit of Spartan Scott entering the ship and altering some of the situations the other marines find themselves in, and a lot of those other marines doing their thing. We've essentially got a spaceship full of Aliens, labs and dark corners with a Predator stalking about and a squad of marines trying to figure everything out. There's plenty that can be done to fill up 70 minutes.

(But I would personally upscale the Aliens a lot).

Quote from: MadassAlex on May 19, 2010, 03:40:03 PM
Better acting and more likable characters, too.

Sure, the marine that shows up doesn't say anything, but he's effective:

- He provides tension and excitement through blasting the Predalien from off-screen. We're left wondering what's going on and the momentary confusion is resolved by the revelation of the marine himself.
- He's afraid of the Predalien, even after downing it. There's human caution there, and we're left shouldering his own feelings of uncertainty.
- He's on the same level as us. It shortly occurs to us that Spartan Scott is still somewhere in the room, and when the sound effects suggest this, we're in the marine's own boots.
- When speared, he acts like a total badass and gives Spartan Scott a run for his money. Instant cred.

You could essentially have the film as we've seen it be the first ten minutes and last ten minutes of a feature-length film. Improve the visual and animation aspects and we've got a perfectly workable introduction and conclusion.

The 70 minutes that aren't there can essentially be a little bit of Spartan Scott entering the ship and altering some of the situations the other marines find themselves in, and a lot of those other marines doing their thing. We've essentially got a spaceship full of Aliens, labs and dark corners with a Predator stalking about and a squad of marines trying to figure everything out. There's plenty that can be done to fill up 70 minutes.

(But I would personally upscale the Aliens a lot).

i concede that the scientist in the video log was good, and a good actor, but after that scene it did feel a bit like AVPR: in space. although i did say "the best bits of AVPR" so it would all really depend on if everything that was added was a really good story. it would be great

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Had Alex had more time/resources, do you guys think that a Grid Alien "reincarnation" scene would have been epic. The Alien that got blasted away by the net could have come out of the net, have a slow, dramatic first appearence, and provided a great Alien vs Predator fight with the "reborn" version our out favorite AVP Alien.

alexpj19

alexpj19

Funny u mensioned the grid alien, cause originally I thought of that 2 he was suppose to show up during the predalien fight and almost kill the predator, the only reason he survived is because of marine. And yeah the short film about the marine's survival sounds very tempting right now, it will be just like "alien", small group of people trying to get to the drop ship in the cargo bay , to get off infested sulaco, in the end he is the only one who gets to it. Hears the roars and sees the pissed off predalien in the end of the corridor , aims, shoots , cut to black the end. The rest is told in Redemption. Will see maybe one day, I'll find time to do it , or we can get a few dollars together, and it will help the production ;)

BloodyJungle

BloodyJungle

would be great with some actual download links..... like mediafire, megaupload or rapidshare

maybe in avi or wvm format?

Quote from: BloodyJungle on May 20, 2010, 02:05:21 PM
would be great with some actual download links..... like mediafire, megaupload or rapidshare

you can download it with firefox, if you have the right add on

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

Watched, and was absolutely stunned. 4.5/5 is my vote. Whole thing was well choreographed, well-effected(?), well acted. Almost has a possibility of an extended mythology (absolute potential as a feature film), and has a distinctive "Dead Space"-esque vibe of isolation and survival.

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

WOW!! this thread has seen nearly 40000 views.....impressive. Sorry off topic but thought it was worth a mention.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

ALex, you should edit the original post to include links to the full video, so people can easily find Redemption and enjoy its awesomeness.

BloodyJungle

BloodyJungle

Quote from: AvatarIII on May 20, 2010, 02:09:45 PM
Quote from: BloodyJungle on May 20, 2010, 02:05:21 PM

you can download it with firefox, if you have the right add on

I'm using firefox... NO clue how to do that though.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 21, 2010, 10:47:29 AM
ALex, you should edit the original post to include links to the full video, so people can easily find Redemption and enjoy its awesomeness.

Yes, please  ;D

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

'yknow what we need? DVD release!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed