AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 325,763 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: War Wager on Jan 31, 2009, 01:43:27 PM
But dreads clearly aren't like mammal hair, they're tube-like. And assuming Preds don't really need to keep they're head warm, the dreads must serve another purpose.

They just look tube-like. There's no indication made at any point that they serve any other purpose besides just being hair.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

There's no indication made at any point that they serve any other purpose besides just being hair.
And there is no indication that they are just hair.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 31, 2009, 05:58:09 PM
But dreads clearly aren't like mammal hair, they're tube-like. And assuming Preds don't really need to keep they're head warm, the dreads must serve another purpose.

They just look tube-like. There's no indication made at any point that they serve any other purpose besides just being hair.

Yeah, but hair/fur is there to keep whatever has it warm. Assuming Preds are brought up in hot locations, 'hair' on their head wouldn't be of any use.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 31, 2009, 06:26:35 PM
There's no indication made at any point that they serve any other purpose besides just being hair.
And there is no indication that they are just hair.

How does one indicate hair is just...hair? Do you need to see a Predator at a beauty salon being shampooed in order to prove that?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteDo you need to see a Predator at a beauty salon being shampooed in order to prove that?
You got it.

SiL

SiL

Aliens don't take eyes or noses. They don't take ears, either, which are not only sensory organs but help us with balance. They don't take external genitalia, hard-wired as it is into our biology.

Something that would make the Predators live longer would likely have no use to an Alien, which we haven't ever seen reach old age and die.

Scar's dreadlocks were set on fire, and he seemed perfectly fine with the whole thing.

If there were important, no intelligent species would keep them flopping in the open unprotected. They wear armour over their face and body ... yet neglect this seemingly indispensable organ flopping around their head?

There's nothing saying they're tubes either - They don't seem hollow.

At the end of the day there's nothing they could be that would mean an Alien should take them.

Except people don't bother thinking and just say "Well dur it lookz kool".

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

maybe the dreadlocks are to help the Predator cool its body down. Idk.

anywho back on topic.

the Predalien looks good. but the body looks a little too much like ADI's design. please give him a more biomechanical look please. we don't need another Chet.

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

Quote from: PredalienToph on Feb 01, 2009, 04:34:10 AM
we don't need another Chet.

My friend, this is clearly not another Chet  ;)

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Indeed.

keep up the great work Alex.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I thing the design itself does look better then chet.
I played around a bit with the textures but i think it does indeed look the best with a bit of a brownish look.

You have to save it to your PC to see it in full size. I think it will look very good in AvP:Redemption with all the Spaceship environments.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 31, 2009, 05:58:09 PM

They possibly could be to attrack females...(like crests,horns..colors in other species)

Quote from: SiL on Jan 31, 2009, 09:47:43 PM
Aliens don't take eyes or noses. They don't take ears, either, which are not only sensory organs but help us with balance. They don't take external genitalia, hard-wired as it is into our biology.

At the end of the day there's nothing they could be that would mean an Alien should take them.

I wasn't aware that the Alien could "select" each trait it will take from a species.

Exc
Quote from: SiL on Jan 31, 2009, 09:47:43 PM

Except people don't bother thinking and just say "Well dur it lookz kool".

It may just lookz kool to the female of the species ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 01, 2009, 01:11:49 PM
I thing the design itself does look better then chet.
I played around a bit with the textures but i think it does indeed look the best with a bit of a brownish look.

You have to save it to your PC to see it in full size. I think it will look very good in AvP:Redemption with all the Spaceship environments.

Hm. That looks good Johnny. Any chance you could put it against a white background? I'd like to see it a little more clearly.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Unfortunately i don't have the Project Data anymore and the pic wasn't rendered with a transparent Background, sry.

Found it in the paper bag and reconstructed it:

I also brightened it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not half-bad. Though I'd remove the dreads, and fix the mandibles. The mandibles looks like Chet's :-\

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 01, 2009, 06:43:41 PM
Not half-bad. Though I'd remove the dreads, and fix the mandibles. The mandibles looks like Chet's :-\
I didn't animate the figure in the programme, this is the stage of how you open it.

And there was a reason why i chose a darker look and didn't lit the back of the head but you wanted it spot on so there it is.
That's why i can understand why Alex makes the movie dark, its hard to hide the in-perfections of the 3D figures.

I still think it looks good though. Great design.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed