What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 593,661 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 15, 2021, 10:26:45 PM
Stupid power company shutting us down due to weather.

During Summer or Winter?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Feb 15, 2021, 11:51:35 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 15, 2021, 10:26:45 PM
Stupid power company shutting us down due to weather.

During Summer or Winter?

Winter. We just got it back, though. Houston is hilariously unprepared for this weather.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've no idea how true this is, so take it with a pinch of salt, but a buddy who's generally far more switched on (no pun intended) to things like this than me said a big part of the problem is that Texas' electricity infrastructure is completely different to the rest of the US because they rejected federal regulation in the 80s.

Now they're asking the federal government for help, and they physically can't help because nothing's compatible.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

In a good mood for once, then yesterday turned very sour very quickly and I had no way to help the situation.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 17, 2021, 12:36:55 PM
In a good mood for once, then yesterday turned very sour very quickly and I had no way to help the situation.

Cancerblack to the rescue!

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 17, 2021, 10:34:12 AM
I've no idea how true this is, so take it with a pinch of salt, but a buddy who's generally far more switched on (no pun intended) to things like this than me said a big part of the problem is that Texas' electricity infrastructure is completely different to the rest of the US because they rejected federal regulation in the 80s.

Now they're asking the federal government for help, and they physically can't help because nothing's compatible.

We have regular scheduled blackouts in my home state in South Australia during Summer due to poor infrastructure. Nothing worse than enduring a week long 40+c degree heatwave only to lose your power!!! We had a major 1 in 100 year storm here a few years ago. It caused major damage and took out some big power towers up North that literally put the whole state in the black. Was quite bizarre actually ... dead quiet in the middle of the night and you could hear absolutely nothing and practically see nothing too. Just needed zombies.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Same here, except it's just this podunk town and it's mid 30's in temp.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 17, 2021, 10:34:12 AM

Wouldn't surprise me. But Houston in particular is ass at infrastructure. They spent years widening 290, longer than they projected, and did a shitty job at it.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's a chilly 22c today, I had to put a shirt on and all.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

People and their passive aggressive bullshit

Immortan Jonesy

My phone is dead. Now I am writing with a potato.

SiL

SiL

Lead actress got stuck behind some state border closures, so we've made the decision to postpone filming until July to give us ample breathing room. :(

Time to make the most of it and prepare the shit out of the movie.

Kradan

Kradan

You should do it Cameron-style - write a script for the best sequel in the history of cinema

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 19, 2021, 04:17:01 AM
My phone is dead. Now I am writing with a potato.

SiL

SiL

I should what.

Kradan

Kradan

What Cameron did when some filthy agent stole Arnod from him to shoot Conan The Destroyer - that's right, he wrote script for Aliens !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed