What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 593,939 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Seems like only about 1 in 10 houses have any kind of AC or heating down here.

SiL

SiL

My parents live in an older house and they don't. They don't even have ceiling fans.

All new builds have them. This place came with three- downstairs living area, upstairs living area, master bedroom - and we installed a fourth in the baby room so he doesn't die.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You live in Canberra, right?

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 19, 2024, 09:02:51 AMIs aircon just an expected thing in Aus like it is in the US?

It is in Queensland where SiL is. Down here not so much.  We have evaporative cooling which is much cheaper to run.

Could've done with A/C when we were London back in June mind you...

SiL

SiL

Ah the subtropics, where the coolest winter night is still 9° c.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Jan 19, 2024, 09:24:51 PMAll new builds have them.

I think that's the same here, but we've got industry problems so most new builds are inner city apartments and anything else is going to be stock from at best the early 50's or late 70's, usually uninsulated and with no AC or even real ventilation in kitchens and bathrooms. It's actually a big thing how outdated our housing has gotten.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Jan 19, 2024, 09:48:26 PMAh the subtropics, where the coolest winter night is still 9° c.

I was in Brisbane for a few days in September 2022.  It was mid-to-high 20s.  All the locals wearing jackets.  All the gringos in t-shirts.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Think I'm coming down with a cold/flu again. The medicine and caffeine is fighting it off but the cough and the throat is annoying.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 22, 2024, 08:43:40 AMThink I'm coming down with a cold/flu again. The medicine and caffeine is fighting it off but the cough and the throat is annoying.

Is it too much to hope for that you might take the day off and stay in bed?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

You need to suck a fisherman's friend.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 22, 2024, 08:48:32 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 22, 2024, 08:43:40 AMThink I'm coming down with a cold/flu again. The medicine and caffeine is fighting it off but the cough and the throat is annoying.

Is it too much to hope for that you might take the day off and stay in bed?

Of course not. I got through it. Though I did as much remote work as possible. I was really not in the mood to deal with people.

Came in this morning wanting to go out with a trolley full of kit to install and naturally it's pissing it down.

SiL

SiL

Heat wave yesterday, getting a cyclone later in the week.

This country is trying to kill us.

SM

SM

You have cassowaries. You should be used to it.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Jan 23, 2024, 12:54:22 PMYou have cassowaries. You should be used to it.
They're about as far from me as you are. This state big.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Trump is probably going to clinch the Republican nomination today as we continue to swirl toward the drain.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed