Aliens RPG*Ideas

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 06:54:49 PM

Author
Aliens RPG*Ideas (Read 37,800 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I thought it might be nice to have a thread to throw up ideas regarding the RPG in developement. I think it'll be interesting, imagine commanding your own squad/ship of Marines. And the prospect of running an Alien hive.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Kinda like Extinction?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No, it's have to be different. One player runs the whole show. Think of them like clans.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

So, it is first-person?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

RPGs tend to be 3rd person. I take it you don't know much about them?

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Fraid not.

DB

DB

I'm actually having trouble imagining an Alien RPG. I've just never been able to think of these two together.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: DB on Dec 14, 2006, 06:01:39 PM
I'm actually having trouble imagining an Alien RPG. I've just never been able to think of these two together.

Same as me. I wouldn't have thought they'd choose this genre.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it can be done pretty well. I mean, it'll be down the game mechanics and all but it is possible. It's a vast galaxy out there, many different planets, many different aliens - and hosts for that matter. It's gonna be such a vast game.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

It sounds bloody cool.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 17, 2006, 02:42:06 PM
Quote from: DB on Dec 14, 2006, 06:01:39 PM

Same as me. I wouldn't have thought they'd choose this genre.
I cant either

Mystic Lemons

Mystic Lemons

RPG's usually have you levelling up and whatnot. Might be some nice weapons and ships to get all souped up.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

in know how they all work and stuff, but how do you do an alien RPG itll be like THE ELDER SCROLLS IV OBLIVION in space  ;D

livin_target

livin_target

I'm actually looking forward to this and think an aliens rpg could be very fun to play if it is done right. I'm hoping that it will be a fps/rpg hybrid similar to the likes of vampire the masquarade bloodlines, system shock or deus ex.

Set it on a large colony where your character's job defines his/her's skills (eg a doctor would excel in first aid, a member of the security force would excel in using weapons). Add some party npcs that follow your character around and base the story around the fall of the colony: at the beginning of the game, things are relatively normal as you form your party and interact with other npcs in the colony but as the game progresses, the humans numbers starts diminishing, the aliens numbers starts growing, the humans start losing control of the colony and tensions within your group start to rise as the surviving humans start fighting each other because the hope of surviving through the infestation begins to diminish (think "day of the dead").

Skills based on diplomacy and conversation may be able to ease in-party arguments and allow you to negotiate and reason with other humans whereas more practical skills will help you survive encounters with aliens or create better weaponry and equipment (think back to alien when the constructed their own crude motion trackers and flame throwers).

Anyway, thats just a few ideas that I think might make an aliens rpg work.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It would be interesting to have another group of humans who don't agree with you as well. Some human conflict.

What about being able to play as Aliens and Humans?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed