Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite

Started by PAS Spinelli, Mar 03, 2021, 09:49:26 PM

Author
Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite (Read 68,413 times)

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: tralaritralara on Aug 07, 2021, 05:21:16 PM
Wasn't the drone an alien type that didn't make it to the second movie, ridged like the warrior but smaller?, I'm curious as to why the first one is considered a "drone". Back in the day It was said that any alien smooth headed meant that it didn't belong to any hive, and the ridges in the heads of the ones in the sequel meant the opposite.

That was never canon or part of any storyline, Warrior and Drone are interchangeable for the most part(until they aren't, see AVP:E, Alien RPG, this game, etc)

and the aliens in this game aren't small at all, so I don't see why you keep nagging about their size lol

tralaritralara

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 05:45:50 PM
Wasn't the drone an alien type that didn't make it to the second movie, ridged like the warrior but smaller?, I'm curious as to why the first one is considered a "drone". Back in the day It was said that any alien smooth headed meant that it didn't belong to any hive, and the ridges in the heads of the ones in the sequel meant the opposite.

That was never canon or part of any storyline, Warrior and Drone are interchangeable for the most part(until they aren't, see AVP:E, Alien RPG, this game, etc)

and the aliens in this game aren't small at all, so I don't see why you keep nagging about their size lol
So you don't think that, at the very least, the runner in this game is ridiculously small to the point you don't feel even sorry for them, let alone they amke you laugh.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: tralaritralara on Aug 07, 2021, 06:07:22 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 05:45:50 PM

So you don't think that, at the very least, the runner in this game is ridiculously small to the point you don't feel even sorry for them, let alone they amke you laugh.
It's the same size as the movie one lol

tralaritralara

No, it is most obvious that it is not.

And why you finish all your setences with a lol. Is that todays teens way of using the full stop punctuation mark or something?

PAS Spinelli

I'm using lol because I'm amused :D

It's the same size

Hemi

Hemi

Let's play a different card then. Who ever said they need to be...well.... huge? Is there a set of rules that dictate how big these things get? This is me asking a question btw, not some sarcastic comment. (ill remove this lol then...)

I find all forms of the alien scary tbh, big and small.
And I still find it weird people say Isolations Alien is "small". For me it's HUGE!

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Hemi on Aug 07, 2021, 07:00:10 PM
Let's play a different card then. Who ever said they need to be...well.... huge? Is there a set of rules that dictate how big these things get? This is me asking a question btw, not some sarcastic comment lol.

And I still find it weird people say Isolations Alien is "small". For me it's HUGE!
Isolation's Alien is almost as tall as a Praetorian, it's waaaaay past 2 meters and probably bigger than 3 too

tralaritralara

tralaritralara

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 07:00:04 PM
I'm using lol because I'm amused :D

It's the same size
Sure!

upload image

And that on its fours. Like in the game eh?

Let's play a different card then. Who ever said they need to be...well.... huge? Is there a set of rules that dictate how big these things get? This is me asking a question btw, not some sarcastic comment. (ill remove this lol then...)
All aliens games released so far after many decades have been following that card you want to play, so many decades not enough?, when is it going to be an alien game that amakes honour to its original size, among other things?

Quote from: Hemi on Aug 07, 2021, 07:00:10 PMAnd I still find it weird people say Isolations Alien is "small". For me it's HUGE!
People say that because it is still smaller than the original. And that wasn't the only "issue" with isolations alien. The original insectoid sounds weren't used but the awful ADI ones, and the infamous ditigrade legs (infamous in a human born alien, not the runner obviously) were used instead of the humanoid ones. The tail was also hilariously long, but I guess it is ok it didn't feature that awful dinosaur spikes of modern aliens on it...

The alien in isolation has been indeed the closest representation to the original, but still it wasn't like the original, size wise included. That's what people complained about, and I think it is ok to do so, because like I said before, many are already tired of seeing its size being sacrificed in the name of the gameplay.

Most wellcome thing about isolation's alien was that they respected, at long last, its human-like behaviour, something almost as critical as the size in order to make the creature scary once again, not the other way around bug-like.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 07:01:34 PM
Isolation's Alien is almost as tall as a Praetorian, it's waaaaay past 2 meters and probably bigger than 3 too
Not sure if serious.

What's more, the size of the praetorian you see in avp2010 is precisely the size both what you call "drone" and the alien from the sequel should size on screen. Like I also said before and using a more recent and funny example, like Lady Demitresc.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about this.

PAS Spinelli

You do realize you arent sending any images right?

PraetorianX101

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that Stompy is small. ???

tralaritralara

tralaritralara

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 07:28:51 PM
You do realize you arent sending any images right?
Translate that into english for me please. Don't you see that image I posted?

Quote from: PraetorianX101 on Aug 07, 2021, 07:33:38 PM
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that Stompy is small. ???
Stompy was around 2'62cm, biggest portray of the classic until today, but still way off the almost 3 meters tall mark (2'96-2'98). It is the way of many to say it is still not big enough, and I do agree with them.

I'm happy with isolations game anyway overall. Never thought I'd get to play a game like that after all. Impressive, and best stuff imo since doom3.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Also, no game (except Isolation) or movie have had Aliens taller than this, what are you smoking? And nice try, but trying to use an image with different perspectives to fuel your delusions of the Runner being huge won't help, we have seen it literally on top of people, the size is pretty clear in the picture I posted, which looks like I'll have to post again

How long are you going to keep ignoring this pic? lol
And finally you fixed your image links, the warrior one has the suit hanging from the wall, of course it looks huge lol, it feels like you are bullshitting on purpose.

And before you can add another text wall of stuff you are making up on the spot, the original Alien was just a bit taller than 2 meters, standing at 7feets and 2 inches tall as stated by The Officially Authorized Magazine of the Movie Alien, far smaller than any Praetorians and even the Isolation Alien :D

tralaritralara

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 07:36:58 PM
Also, no game (except Isolation) or movie have had Aliens taller than this, what are you smoking? And nice try, but trying to use an image with different perspectives to fuel your delusions of the Runner being huge won't help, we have seen it literally on top of people, the size is pretty clear in the picture I posted, which looks like I'll have to post again

How long are you going to keep ignoring this pic? lol
And finally you fixed your image links, the warrior one has the suit hanging from the wall, of course it looks huge lol, it feels like you are bullshitting on purpose.
Looking at the way you express yourself and post your stuff, honestly I no longer know whether I'm talking to a full grown adult or to a teen , but I'd make a last effort just because of the benefit of the doubt we all deserve.

That pic you posted about the runner was a nice attempt to make it look as smaller as possible, in one of the worst computer generated scenes in the movie, and right in  the moment he's eating and pushing his body down. The pic I posted for your pleasure, was just about the opposite, to show you how its actual size is when even on its fours in a better generated scene, where they made it more justice.

And to say that the warrior in the pic is taller because it's hanging..., you cannot realize that it is hanging just to keep the body straight, and that the legs are touching the floor naturally of course..., I mean are you serious?

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

There is no CGI in that scene, it's actually puppetry. ;D

Stop cherry-picking scenes to support your flawed logic, the Runner isn't huge, none of the movie aliens except the Queen are taller than 3 meters, I have absolutely no idea why or where you got the ideal the Aliens are huge when it's literally stated the original was just a bit over 2 meters tall.

Also, fancy seeing you trying to judge the way I type, unaware to your own terrible grammar lmfao

The suit in that pick is hanging from a wall lol, if you want to get people to take you serious, stop cherry picking images and taking em out of context to make shit up.

The original Alien is officially 7'2, the Aliens from the sequel are the same as they are meant to be the same height.

No game aside from Isolation had the basic aliens being taller than that.

Here are some few examples of Aliens being far smaller than what you claim they are

Also, before you try using this image, I'll let you know that Lambert is 5'6, while the Alien is 7'2 ;D

And incase you don't know what 7'2, that means it's 2 meter and 18 centimeters tall, far, FAR, far smaller than Isolation's 3 m tall Alien

Hemi

Hemi

Have to be honest here... I don't get the height thing either... The pic shown by tralaritralara has an Alien that was used for puppeteering in Aliens, so maybe that size was preferred before camera or he hasn't got feet or lower legs. This would also mean the Alien that got Dietrich touched ground before sweeping her away (I always thought it landed on her shoulders and used it's tail like a bungy rope haha). Could be though.  Also we don't know how large the dude next to it is. Maybe he's like really tiny. XD

Either way, I never really had this purist problem...nor my Alien OCD acts up about size whenever I see an Alien in a game (i'm just happy I get to play Aliens games in 2021). The movies have shown various stages or variants of the Aliens so maybe some are just smaller then others. The End...for me at least (Thank god).

ps: I will say that the drones/warriors in ACM felt a bit too tiny... But that game is rubbish anyway so who cares.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed