Rebellion's position on further AVP support

Started by [REB]Trigger, Jul 21, 2010, 01:19:06 PM

Author
Rebellion's position on further AVP support (Read 73,323 times)

spyrl

Quote from: Eldritch on Apr 13, 2011, 12:24:17 PM
Rebellion should make a Predator only game..
Done a bit better than Concrete Jungle, this could be awesome.

As for AVP(2010)... Offline console multiplayer -even just versus, would have kept interest far longer for this game. As well as brought in even more revenue...

genozide

genozide

Rebellion > continue PC support as promised in steam.
Hence please the following:

- Add AI player option to survivor modes for added SP value and longivity.
- Add skirmish option for all maps with lan/online play with friends.
- Add more options for species specific balance to Dedicated Server settings.
- Add Coop mode for objective based DLC maps.
- Add DLC operations for all species.
- Tweak minor bugs
- Add tweaks between pred and alien + marine.
- Add more dark maps and maps with more nuance i.e. one part dark one light to sustain home advantage in between certain species.
- Unlock skin / class (with slightly different capabilities) locks for everyone and instead add XP meter for MP with "honor meter". (To avoid xp-exploiters).

Take example from fear, stalker, fallout 3, borderlands, doom3.
Make both producer and consumer benefit properly from this legendary franchise, please. You did pretty ok, but please continue the support for the sake of the game.

Small differences are worth while as momentum for the popularity and use of the game as there's not many games of the similar nature.

DLc and expansions understandably for further profit.. but consider the orher options too please!

TY
-bugga-

EvilPraetorian

Quote from: genozide on May 06, 2011, 08:20:42 PM
Rebellion > continue PC support as promised in steam.
Hence please the following:

- Add AI player option to survivor modes for added SP value and longivity.
- Add skirmish option for all maps with lan/online play with friends.
- Add more options for species specific balance to Dedicated Server settings.
- Add Coop mode for objective based DLC maps.
- Add DLC operations for all species.
- Tweak minor bugs
- Add tweaks between pred and alien + marine.
- Add more dark maps and maps with more nuance i.e. one part dark one light to sustain home advantage in between certain species.
- Unlock skin / class (with slightly different capabilities) locks for everyone and instead add XP meter for MP with "honor meter". (To avoid xp-exploiters).

Take example from fear, stalker, fallout 3, borderlands, doom3.
Make both producer and consumer benefit properly from this legendary franchise, please. You did pretty ok, but please continue the support for the sake of the game.

Small differences are worth while as momentum for the popularity and use of the game as there's not many games of the similar nature.

DLc and expansions understandably for further profit.. but consider the orher options too please!

TY
-bugga-

I'd hate to say it but I don't think the folks at rebellion are going to do anything with AvP 2010,   especially now that theyv'e made their money and the playerbase has started to shrink a bit.

Personally,  I'd like them to remove the E grab mechanic from MP,  It's far too readily spammed and I've seen hundreds,  if not THOUSANDS of examples in MP since I purchased it on release day.

I had a player today,  Me and a squad of marines  ( we are great friends and we play as a team and protect each other ) kept beating this one alien who couldn't get close to us when we all concentrated our fire on an alien target in infestation... 

Anyway whilst we were concentrating on another alien,  one sneaked in from the back of the complex  ( in gateway map ) ,  ran up to us,  strafed me and hit E when the prompt appeared..

I immediately typed in chat  "why did you E?  you are a rank 43,  you don't need to abuse the E mechanic"
his response?  "you were too hard to kill..  so I did E"

Anyway,  Thing's I'd like fixed are:
* E grab so that it can't be spammed
* added function to add various weather and time effects on each map  ( imagine Docks with Rain at night? )
* Auto Aim,   I melee'd an alien a few times and my player spun 180 degrees just to hit it.
* Add survivor to dedicated servers for up to 12 players.

Half of the things we want fixed could be done by the community if SEGA got off their big money sucking butts and told rebellion to release an SDK.

*sigh*

frostedone

I would love a Predator Survivor mode where you are the Predator instead of a marine and need to fight xenomorphs. It would be a simple but much appreciated addition. AVP Classic 2000 had Skirmish where you could be either a marine or a predator.

b3nje909

Make dlc free. Make player matches have xp so we can rank up.

That's all I want.

Tempted to just buy it on pc.

WinterActual

Go buy it on PC - you can level up in player matches (dedi servers).

Yautja 1994

Unfortunely, the game died on both console versions. They never released the "exclusive" skins. Suckers.

RagingDragon

Quote from: b3nje909 on May 10, 2012, 10:44:17 PM
Make dlc free. Make player matches have xp so we can rank up.

That's all I want.

Tempted to just buy it on pc.
This would help.  There still are people playing on Xbox, even when we get on there with our AvPG group, we get lots of random people joining our games.

Excitement for Prometheus, maybe?

AcidGlow

Quote from: Yautja 1994 on May 17, 2012, 01:53:14 PM
Unfortunely, the game died on both console versions. They never released the "exclusive" skins. Suckers.

LOL. I remember some dude saying "they'll probably make the preorder skins free later on". hah.. 2 years later and it never happened.. heck even after they stopped updates on the game, it never happened. Glad I preordered the game.  ;D

WinterActual

The pre order skins were crap anyway.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Haven't played AVP2010 in ages. I remember it was fun.

A few things I missed and really hope they would add later on was:

- A fourth multi-player faction/species - CORPORATES (just like in AVP2). But in AVP2010 you would play as a Combat Android instead of a mercenary. The game-play would be pretty much the same as playing as the marine except you have a little bit more health but walk/run a little bit slower.

- One extra attack/weapon added for each species. Marines and Combat Androids get
Hand Grenades, which explodes 4 seconds after being thrown and bounces off of walls. Does a little bit more damage than the Grenade Launcher. Aliens get the ability to Spit Acid, which only does little damage but somewhat blurs and semi-blinds the target with acid vapor, blotches and goo covering its screen for 5 sec. Acid Spit draws a little bit of the Alien's own health as it uses acid blood for ammo. Predators get the infamous Net Launcher, which has to be reloaded between each shot (note: can only carry four nets in total) and traps the target for at least 5 seconds. Just like in AVP2 the netted target can attack/defend from within the net.

- New multi-player skins and models. Predalien, Runner and Translucent Dome for the Aliens, Berserker, Falconer and Tracker for the Predators, and White Female, Black Female and Vasquez Wannabe for the Marines, and Commando, Dog-Catcher and Karl Bishop Weyland for the Corporates.

- More maps, preferably an arctic one as well as an outdoor map that resembles the landscape and climate of LV-426. It would be neat to duke it out in a huge laboratory facility as well.

shadowedge

Everyone says the lack of patches is Sega's fault. Why is that?

I was under the impression that Rebellion actually made the game, Sega just owns the liscense to Aliens/Predators for games.

Is that right?

RagingDragon

Those would be awesome additions, Spread Eagle.  I really like the acid spit idea with the health, and I had much fun with the netgun in AvP2, both using it and being netted and the resulting panic as I switched to my knife and started hacking away. :D

And if SEGA drops support for the game, I think that means Rebellion is done and can't do anything on their own without SEGA approval.  SEGA owns the game, Rebellion just developed and supported it.

No SEGA = No nothin.

shadowedge

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jul 04, 2012, 11:07:23 PM
Those would be awesome additions, Spread Eagle.  I really like the acid spit idea with the health, and I had much fun with the netgun in AvP2, both using it and being netted and the resulting panic as I switched to my knife and started hacking away. :D

And if SEGA drops support for the game, I think that means Rebellion is done and can't do anything on their own without SEGA approval.  SEGA owns the game, Rebellion just developed and supported it.

No SEGA = No nothin.

Sega owns it? But Rebellion was the ones who actually made it right? Sorry I have no clue how the copyright thing works. Is the developer the same as the owner?

Solid Snake

I think Rebellion making another AvP game isn't a bad idea, anything at this point is better than A:CM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed