What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 584,838 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I predict he'll get no sleep the night before his first day and his car won't start in the morning.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 06, 2020, 02:46:19 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 05, 2020, 10:18:16 AM
Had my interview for my new job role (they're restructuring) and I think it went well.

Will it be that management role that you've always coveted?

Haha. No, thank God. But it does result in a one-man local team and you damn well know managerial responsibilities. I was sat there reading the job description with my head in my hands. But I need a job, this is what my role has become and I got bills to pay. I'd rather not have the hassle of finding new employment.  :laugh:

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 06, 2020, 03:06:26 AM
I predict he'll get no sleep the night before his first day and his car won't start in the morning.

I'm tired as shit today. But one of the perks is I would get a company car if I got it. But it'll end up being an Astra or something equally shitty. But swanky and shiny, I suppose.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

A company car?!  When car problems are no longer your problem.

Good luck brother. Hope you get it!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2020, 09:18:19 AMBut one of the perks is I would get a company car if I got it. But it'll end up being an Astra or something equally shitty. But swanky and shiny, I suppose.

Yeah, the days of luxury cars on the company are well and truly past. I'm surprised they'll give you one at all!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's an expectation to travel. I'd be expected to start visiting other locations once some of the transitional stuff is dealt with. I could ask about a car expense to maintain my own vehicle but I didn't wanna be too awkward. If I get the job, I'll ask about it then. I just really don't want an Astra. lol

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

What if we soup it up first...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 06, 2020, 01:43:10 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2020, 09:18:19 AMBut one of the perks is I would get a company car if I got it. But it'll end up being an Astra or something equally shitty. But swanky and shiny, I suppose.

Yeah, the days of luxury cars on the company are well and truly past. I'm surprised they'll give you one at all!

I imagine his interview went a lot like this.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

For some reason, this made me happy:

Those are some plump raccoons.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Adorable!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Feed us Hu-Mon. We Require.......Sustenance

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I will never not love this stupid thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWBAwywBAuY

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Watched the launch from Cocoa Beach last night, so awesome to see those again  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

SpaceX?

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Yes, SpaceX Crew-1.  Perfect launch, the weather was cool and the rocket lit up the sky. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oohh man, I'm jealous. Did you snag any pictures? I'm hoping to go see the first launch when the UK's spaceport is up and running myself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed