A shared universe

Started by David, Mar 24, 2024, 09:47:11 AM

Are you in favor of one cinematic universe for the Alien and Predator movies?

Yes
No
I do not know
Author
A shared universe (Read 1,208 times)

David

David

What is your opinion?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Two.

One is Alien.

One is Predator (which features the Aliens, but doesn't connect directly to the events or chronology of the standalone Alien stuff).

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I always thought there were three universes. But I still lean on the fact they could share a universe. It's just that you have to ignore some big consistency with both series

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

As for whether the universes will ever come together again, I guess time will tell once Badlands hits and we see how compatible with the Alien movies the Predator franchise's future ends up looking.

As for what I personally want, I am personally of the mindset that Alien and Predator work best separately. I understand the appeal of AVP, though, and now that 20th Century Fox Studios is under new leadership and seeming to have success with the brands individually, I know that down the line there's going to be some sort of AVP reboot that will (thankfully) have nothing to do with the two movies we already have, so I guess my thoughts are: f**k it, it's gonna happen eventually, I just hope it is good.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I think it should stay three or at least two seperate universes. The predator franchise does seem to reference the alien side more so it may be more ingrained over there.  Seperate universes allows them to keep their tone and stories pure while also having a universe where they exist together and have completely different tones and stories. Everyone gets to have a piece of whatever one they prefer then, and without it being affected by anything poorly done from the other universe.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The wine must remain untainted by the soda.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Alcohol is much better when its neat, well stronger (atleast some) :laugh:

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I say soda is much better, the only true answer 8)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Time to bring out the metal pipe of re-education!  :laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 24, 2024, 08:28:02 PMI say soda is much better, the only true answer 8)

Yeah, I guess you could put some vodka in it or something.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Nope, just typical regular soda. It's great I don't really like alcohol or wine.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Then how do you get drunk?  >:(

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

SM

SM

There is a shared universe with two films.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

"Films"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed