Arnold talks about The Predator

Started by The Wolverine Predator, Apr 05, 2017, 09:50:01 PM

Author
Arnold talks about The Predator (Read 74,073 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 07, 2017, 12:55:56 PM
As condescending as that sounds to the other poster, we don't all fit that alleged characterization.
I never said anyone else did. ???

Do you go out of your way to be personally offended by my posts or something ... ? :-\

Quote from: Russ on Apr 07, 2017, 01:05:05 PM
Maybe, but I'm a bit like that myself - I really want to love movies and be entertained and... yes... perhaps overlook some cracks. I remember a mate of mine who is a huge Aliens fan (I'm surprised he's not a member here) and he was genuinely furious about Prometheus. Now he's already saying that A:C is going to be shit, meh to the trailers, not impressed and generally scathing.
Nah, I get it. A lot of the time it falls one one extreme or another. People get passionate. And hell, even when people try to just wait and see, take information as it comes, and not get too excited one way or another, they're still labelled as nerd raging :P

QuoteThen again, I'm a fan of Resident Evil,
The first one is one of my any-time movies. Switch brain off, watch, enjoy.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: SiL on Apr 07, 2017, 01:58:31 PM

QuoteThe first one is one of my any-time movies. Switch brain off, watch, enjoy.

I like all of them (the third one is my favourite I think). Funny enough, those movies are the targets of nerd rage!

Just wait till they make EFNY. If that's not good, I will have a proper tantrum.

Still, back on topic - I think its a real shame that Arnie backed away from this - it would have been a great moment to see him again, but as I said earlier: "This is great, but can it have more me." *lol*

SiL

SiL

It's understandable he'd turn down a bit part in a movie for a role that may or may not develop in the future. I get that they'd be setting him up for more roles, but even the film doing well is no guarantee that the story would develop how the script suggests. Not entirely sure Noomi Rapace thought she'd be relegated to a bit part in the Prometheus sequel, and Sanaa Lathan said she was contracted for more AvP films in the commentary. Both films did well (Yes, AvP was a financially successful film!) and both developed veeeerry differently to expectations.

Arnie's old. He's achieved everything he's set out to. He really doesn't need to prove himself any more and if he feels the role wasn't worth his time, more power to 'im.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: SiL on Apr 07, 2017, 02:15:27 PM
It's understandable he'd turn down a bit part in a movie for a role that may or may not develop in the future. I get that they'd be setting him up for more roles, but even the film doing well is no guarantee that the story would develop how the script suggests. Not entirely sure Noomi Rapace thought she'd be relegated to a bit part in the Prometheus sequel, and Sanaa Lathan said she was contracted for more AvP films in the commentary. Both films did well (Yes, AvP was a financially successful film!) and both developed veeeerry differently to expectations.

Arnie's old. He's achieved everything he's set out to. He really doesn't need to prove himself any more and if he feels the role wasn't worth his time, more power to 'im.

That's true, he is and he has - I'm just being fan selfish.

I love that AvP commentary - you can almost hear Paul's regret. As I've said, if I could ask him about AvP and get an honest answer I really would.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SiL on Apr 07, 2017, 11:16:23 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 07, 2017, 01:15:59 AM
Quite honestly I think I'll prefer this movie to the original. Spielberg's wary sensibilities are my favorite and fusing them with Predator is colossally appealing to me.
I get that I'm a jaded Internet geek who nerd rages at the drop of a hat (apparently), but surely this is the extreme on the opposite end?

Remember AvPR, BishopShouldGo. Remember what you were saying before it was released. Remembeeeer...

This is different. I was a 15 year old boy then. I'm now a 25 year old man in tune with my sensibilities, living in a time where master filmmakers are the ship captains of these franchises.

It's a beautiful thing and an amazing time to be a fan. We are bearing witness, for the first time for both franchises, directors at their career apexes directing entries. Of course we had that with Prometheus but that wasn't a true blue Alien film.

Quote from: Russ on Apr 07, 2017, 02:39:41 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 07, 2017, 02:15:27 PM

That's true, he is and he has - I'm just being fan selfish.

I love that AvP commentary - you can almost hear Paul's regret. As I've said, if I could ask him about AvP and get an honest answer I really would.

Yeah I want my Arnie too but he is a savvy businessman. He knew that people would want him in an integral role and not a cheap cereal box surprise.

And all Paul cared about was guns and slime. Almost quite literally.

Master

Master

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 07, 2017, 07:55:14 AM
I'd actually really like to see him back as Garber.

I'd love that too! P2 ending promised me this, still waiting.

Quote from: SiL on Apr 07, 2017, 11:16:23 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 07, 2017, 01:15:59 AM
Quite honestly I think I'll prefer this movie to the original. Spielberg's wary sensibilities are my favorite and fusing them with Predator is colossally appealing to me.
I get that I'm a jaded Internet geek who nerd rages at the drop of a hat (apparently), but surely this is the extreme on the opposite end?

Remember AvPR, BishopShouldGo. Remember what you were saying before it was released. Remembeeeer...

Don't feed the troll Sil. You'll make it come back for more attention.

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 07, 2017, 11:26:40 AM
Yes, this is definitely that movie. The correlation of the talent involved is identical.

Have you seen the movie Speedy? Talents involved or not, you're as good as your last film.

Dreadlock Holiday

Dude must have had a choppa to get to!  ;D

echobbase79

Come on Arnold stick around.

Predator_Spirit

Quoteauthor=Master link=topic=56853.msg2195539#msg2195539 date=1491579325
I'd love that too! P2 ending promised me this, still waiting.

Ending of P2 is epic as f*ck , and to the credits.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 06, 2017, 05:32:10 PM
I like Arnold but he really isn't in a position to call any shots regarding a script.

But he is in a position to agree to appearing in it. Nobody said he made demands on changing the script, just that he didn't think much of it.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 06, 2017, 07:03:11 PM
I think that's more to do with the films than him. I thought he was really good in Escape Plan.

And 'Maggie' was quite possibly his single best dramatic performance yet. The film dragged, but he was great.

Quote from: newagescamartist on Apr 07, 2017, 05:37:57 AM
Get Adam Baldwin back. He perfected his don't give a f*ck scowl on Chuck, it's time for him to see some more Predators.

They tried to get him to cameo as that character in 'Requiem' and he told them to f**k off in no uncertain terms, according to the directors.

Considering how superficial and generic that character was, can't say I blame him.

Dan

Dan

I really wanted him to reprise his role as Dutch Schaefer.
He did a cameo in The Expendables and then had a larger part in the sequels.The same could work for The Predator.
Mark Hamil also did The Force Awakens with no dialoge at all! After 32 years he had a 10 second appeaance and he did it.Than he had The Last Jedi.

So i cant understand why Arnold complaining  to appear as a cliffhanger in the movie which could lead to the sequel for a bigger part for him.Shane Black also could make a deal and write a longer scene for him.They talked about a year ago so there was time to rewrite it.
I never wanted to read the leaked script but i always imagined that Dutch or Harrigan and Garber could appear in the last 30 minutes of the movie but if Dutch has just one memorable scene that just fine.
Now there's a month is left from shooting so maybe Black reconsider Arnold's part because of the reactions and write his scene a bit reasonable for him to appear in it.If he's got a longer line they could still film it within a day.Thats only depends if Black really want him to be In it.Holdbrook also said he dont think we will se Arnold but he wasnt sure about it.And Arnold also offered if they rewrite it he would reconsider it to appear.I hope that will happen.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 07, 2017, 08:06:42 PM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 06, 2017, 05:32:10 PM
I like Arnold but he really isn't in a position to call any shots regarding a script.

But he is in a position to agree to appearing in it. Nobody said he made demands on changing the script, just that he didn't think much of it.
By saying "I'm not going to do that, no. Except if there's a chance that they rewrite it, or make it a more significant role," he is stating his terms in appearing in the film.

SiL

SiL

He's not demanding, he's just stating what it would've taken to get him in board.

whiterabbit

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 05, 2017, 11:19:51 PM
Shane, you should have made his role more significant... :-\

I WANT DUTCH
You do realize that this is old Dutch and not Young kick ass Dutch, right?

I feel for you Predator fans, I really do. This is sinking harder than when we learned the last Alien Prequel was retitled Prometheus.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Master on Apr 07, 2017, 03:35:25 PM
Have you seen the movie Speedy? Talents involved or not, you're as good as your last film.

Most of Shane Black's last films are pretty good.

Arnold's doing what most stars do - ask for a role to be made bigger so they can star in the movie. It's standard procedure and I get it, but that doesn't mean the film has to accommodate that request.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed