Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 193,772 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Even though Predators buys into the premise of the first film via dialogue? Sure.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

As dumb as Arnie covering himself in wet mud is, it's such a classic I just can't bring myself to knock it :D

I agree the scenario was done well in Predators, too.

SM

SM

It's movie logic.  Cool movie logic.  Like Jesse the Body carrying the minigun.  And it's something to quibble over?

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Okay I have an idea

Base it loosely on this.... VERY LOOSELY!

This was my favorite comic series in all of the Predator and Alien sub - universe. If this can be done properly I would like to see it.

SiL

SiL

Dutch covering himself to hide isn't even necessarily that inaccurate. If you go by what McTiernan says in the commentary, what the Predator sees through his mask through the movie isn't even actual heat vision, but a modified one (they had to cover everything with ice water to make the actors stand out). What we see at the end is the unfiltered stuff. So when Dutch covers himself with mud, he's covering himself with something the mask has been programmed to filter out, and so disappears.

Boom, movie logic.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SiL on Jul 03, 2014, 08:38:09 AM
Dutch covering himself to hide isn't even necessarily that inaccurate. If you go by what McTiernan says in the commentary, what the Predator sees through his mask through the movie isn't even actual heat vision, but a modified one (they had to cover everything with ice water to make the actors stand out). What we see at the end is the unfiltered stuff. So when Dutch covers himself with mud, he's covering himself with something the mask has been programmed to filter out, and so disappears.

Boom, movie logic.

This is why we love you, SiL.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Jul 03, 2014, 08:38:09 AMDutch covering himself to hide isn't even necessarily that inaccurate.

How does he block the heat coming from his eyes?

Not to mention the mud would match the temperature of his body within a minute or so.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 03, 2014, 08:39:31 AM

Not to mention the mud would match the temperature of his body within a minute or so.
... did ya actually read the post?

Quotewhat the Predator sees through his mask through the movie isn't even actual heat vision, but a modified one

The jungle has been filtered out. The mud gets filtered out as the mask thinks it's just part of the environment. If we were looking at what the infra-red cameras saw for the majority of the movie, according to McTiernan, it'd look like what we see at the end when the mask is taken off: an undulating mess of red and green.

Eyes are an issue, sure. Rest, eh.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 03, 2014, 08:39:31 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 03, 2014, 08:38:09 AMDutch covering himself to hide isn't even necessarily that inaccurate.

I had to dig deep for this one, but i feel that it fits as a proper response to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlv7Bp-L2MM#ws

YA JUST DON'T GET IT.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Jul 03, 2014, 08:42:15 AM... did ya actually read the post?

Yes I did. Not once did you address the fact the Predator will be able to see him clear as day once the mud has warmed to match Dutch's body temperature about 30 seconds after he applied it.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 03, 2014, 08:48:45 AM
Yes I did. Not once did you address the fact the Predator will be able to see him clear as day once the mud has warmed to match Dutch's body temperature about 30 seconds after he applied it.
... yeah, I did, actually, cos I pointed out we're not looking at actual infra-red, but a vision mode that filters out the background to make the prey more visible. So when Dutch covers himself WITH the background, the mask filters him out like it does the trees, leaves, etc. It getting to his temperature is irrelevant, as the jungle is already AT his temperature.

Which I explained in no uncertain terms in the post you just replied to, and still don't seem to be getting :-\

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Jul 03, 2014, 08:51:17 AM... yeah, I did, actually, cos I pointed out we're not looking at actual infra-red, but a vision mode that filters out the background to make the prey more visible. So when Dutch covers himself WITH the background, the mask filters him out like it does the trees, leaves, etc. It getting to his temperature is irrelevant, as the jungle is already AT his temperature.
If Dutch was the same temperature as the jungle, he would be dead.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 03, 2014, 08:51:17 AMWhich I explained in no uncertain terms in the post you just replied to, and still don't seem to be getting :-\
No you didn't. You basically said the Predator's infra-red vision isn't actually infra-red vision at all. Just paint by numbers.

No. Just no.

Master

Master

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 03, 2014, 06:47:43 AM
Quote from: Master on Jul 02, 2014, 09:24:40 AM
Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 01, 2014, 09:54:39 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Jul 01, 2014, 09:27:54 PM
Quote from: Master on Jul 01, 2014, 08:40:27 PM
So you want Predator to win in the end? It won`t work, the critics would destroy it.
Nah, it depends on how they build that up. Blair's Witch won in the end, and critics loved that movie, for example.
MAG  AHHHHHHHHHH!
I can't take it anymore!!! That is the worst reasoning behind something that I couldn't even consider could be any worst! First of all, Predator isn't a slasher- influenced maybe- but not a slasher! Second of all where do you come off protecting the value of this hypothetical content as if it were "Moses' f**king DvD collection"?!?! Third of all quit saying "Respect Yautja" like some fraternity boys finished hazing the dorm room freshmen!

Gladiator Arena?! No!
Predator E.T?! No!
Crime fighting Predator?! NOO!

A very limited number of people can do anything with the Predator (And as matter of fact, Alien) universe!
These ideas are like tampering with a ship in a glass bottle, they require to be worked on delicately so that a mistake like Requiem doesn't happen again! I respect the fact that you like to give out your ideas but keep them in the appropriate thread!

GAH!

This is an appropriate thread! :D Insted of complaining, tell us what`s your idea of Predator film. What would you want to see in Shane Black`s sequel? Or you`ll just keep moaning and trolling?
I honestly don't want Shane Black to have anything to do with it.
Iron Man 3 was the worst Marvel movie ever created (Personally speaking). To have Fred Dekker on board is also something that makes me cringe... I don't want mythology to be "mined", last time we had that it was AvP and look how that turned out... The Predator should return to the Jungle or something similar seeing as that is its setting a lot like how Space is Alien's setting...

Afghanistan or Iraq is an okay setting but you can't just throw flat terrorist characters in a film in a middle of no where niche and expect me as a casual viewer to feel that they made a really good movie.

I enjoyed Predator because it was simple, Iraq and Afghanistan is so complicated that the first thing that comes to mind when I hear their names is "Politics." The only thing Predator and politics should have in common is the letter P!

Quote from: Master on Jul 02, 2014, 09:44:45 AM
Last night I watched Predator and Predators back to back and I`m now more certain then ever that series must go out of the box (jungle) in this next instalment (like P2 did). Serously, no another jungle centered fable.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!
A JUNGLE CENTERED FABLE! I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW!

Only if you put it in heavy political frames. The way I see it (want it to be made) there shouldn't be any current political theme slapped all over it, small hints at best. I want anty-predator team going after wounded predator, not Americans vs Talibans.

Seriously if you want to go back to the jungle, just watch first film. Nothing ever is going to top it, and if that's not enough try some Predators. Jungle,jungle, jungle. In new one, I want new.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Master on Jul 03, 2014, 08:55:15 AMOnly if you put it in heavy political frames. The way I see it (want it to be made) there shouldn't be any current political theme slapped all over it, small hints at best. I want anty-predator team going after wounded predator, not Americans vs Talibans.

It doesn't even have to be Iraq. The first one just made up a country and it works perfectly well. Do the same this time. Set it in Derkaderkastan or something (except with a better name, of course).

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 03, 2014, 08:38:56 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 03, 2014, 08:38:09 AM

Boom, movie logic.

This is why we love you, SiL.
If you love him now you should see the uncut commentary of AVP Galaxy's: SiL versus The Strause. The material is apex in general quality at best...

QuoteIn new one, I want new.
I can tell your local government is very afraid of you...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed