It was what I expected
13 (8.8%)
It fell short for me
16 (10.8%)
It was not good
15 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
Sneak Peek with LegionFX Tomorrow - The Last Supper (Read 96,038 times)

oduodu

Those 2 red lights in the backgrounds in some shots reminds of 2 glowing red eyes. Feels deliberate. Reminds of  the atmosphere processor on aliens. It seemed to have  2 lights reminiscent of eyes.

Le Celticant

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Feb 23, 2017, 02:58:42 PM
And what if the shower scene was a gay couple shower scene?

Guess everybody here would be ok with it. Right? Straight couples do that too.

Bi, Gay, Straight, Zoophile, Alien raping, I'd be more than happy than the sterilized Prometheus about cuddles and prophecies.

JokersWarPig

If a scene like the shower scene, in any movie, gay or straight, doesn't derail the plot then I'm completely ok with it.

As long as it's not just put there for the sake of shock value (looking at you Penny Dreadful) then I see no problem with it regardless of the orientation of the relationship.

Enoch

Penny Dreadful created by JOHN LOGAN
Who wrote a screenplay for Covenant. :) ;)

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 03:12:56 PM
Penny Dreadful created by JOHN LOGAN
Who wrote a screenplay for Covenant. :) ;)

Fair enough, but I don't see anything on the level of needless nude/sex scenes (heterosexual or not) like we saw with Dorian Grey and his story line from that show.

The most pointless of which was what happened between him and Ethan.

Dino21AvP

Definitely enjoyed the clip. Seems like an interesting group of characters. Very reminiscent of the Nostromo crew.

Sgt. Shanx

I dont think this was a viral clip...id say it straight out of the movie

Darth Vile

Just to add... I've just done watching it on a 75" TV, and if nothing else, it looks great.

Enoch

Just a comment from Youtube:

QuoteWhat Hudson would say to the two gays:

"Right right! Someone said colony ship and they thought they said colon ship and signed up."

neomorpheus

neomorpheus

I'd be absolutely 100% A-OK with it. I completely disagree with this whole "no gays in my Aliens movies please". If you were going to colonise a planet in the distant future you might indeed send as diverse a people as possible, because LGBT will obviously have to be represented - colonisation isn't just going to be about making babies, it is going to be largely about perceived societal values, the kind of world of tolerance they want to live in, if LGBT couples are excluded from such missions, that is a bad start there already. Let's not forget that these guys could absolutely raise kids if medical advancements and surrogates are an option to them.

I've been having a discussion with a friend about this and she said it best:

"We can imagine a future where we have a creature that can melt people and turn them into eggs but - OH NO! THE GAYS!!!"

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2017, 12:19:53 PM
Infected, neomorpheus - tone it down. There's no need to dig at each other. We're all friends here.

Enoch, it is a spoiler. Yes, it's funny but it's still a spoiler. Use tags please.

Please don't challenge my friendliness. I will slather right out of this jumpsuit and colonize you both all over this table.

aaaaaaand - We've got a new one!

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 04:12:54 PM

"Right right! Someone said colony ship and they thought they said colon ship and signed up."

I noticed that comment on youtube too hahaha ;D

I actually liked that banter, idk why people thought it was lame. I mean is every normal friend group conversations always have to be golden?

And why are people getting their panties in a twist about the gay couple? Its the future, hello, same sex marriage was legitimized not too long ago, and by that story's time period, things must have improved. People disappoint me alot these days.

I'm looking forward to the movie now more than ever, can't wait!

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Feb 23, 2017, 02:34:47 PM
Quote from: motherfather on Feb 23, 2017, 02:24:37 PM
^ Yes. Although its really starting to test my patience that some here think having gay characters on a colonization mission is dumb or some kind of blasphemy in the sacred world of sci-fi. Nope. Sorry. Not having it.

I'm sure phil plait, michelle thaller, degrasse tyson and a whole bunch of other scientists can point out the risks of any space colonization mission that is deliberately not bio-diverse, socio-diverse, sexually diverse etc...

LOL. So, not feeling the gay couple is bad now? Am I offending gay people because I don't like the idea of a gay couple in an alien movie?

It's just an opinion. Get over it.

I have nothing against homosexuals. I just can't find it interesting.

But I'm guessing they are having their baby... muuuhahaha

You're not supposed to find someone's sexuality interesting. Some people are gay, some are straight. Get over it.

slipknotpredator

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 04:12:54 PM

LOL

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 23, 2017, 04:34:16 PM
You're not supposed to find someone's sexuality interesting. Some people are gay, some are straight. Get over it.

Exactly. This should not be an issue.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed