It was what I expected
13 (8.8%)
It fell short for me
16 (10.8%)
It was not good
15 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
Sneak Peek with LegionFX Tomorrow - The Last Supper (Read 96,021 times)

JokersWarPig

I just watched it. I thought it was pretty good, it "feels" better than the stuff we saw in Prometheus.

Spoiler
I didn't know Franco was the captain, I thought the other guy from the original trailers was. I guess he's a second in command? He seems to have that nervous "I need to prove myself" thing going on.
I also liked the mention of the bugs that were "Cockroaches the size of dogs". It kind of briefly expanded on some of the other bugs the USCM may have to go clear out during and after the covenant
[close]

Sgrall

I think that Billy Crudup's character is going to be one of the most interesting. I don't get the feeling that he is a bad guy. I think that he is more of a shy and timid guy who is basically James Franco's character second. You can see that he is trying to socialize and participate as a legitimate second in command but he seems to be overruled by Daniels because she is Branson's wife and Tennessee because he is a loudmouth. Only his wife seems to support him.  You can see how all this tension is going to play when he will have to take charge as a Captain with people who doesn't respect him and how it will lead to bad decisions from both sides and maybe mutiny. I don't think that the dude means harm and judging from what we see in the trailer, I feel pretty bad for him.

motherfather

^ Yes. Although its really starting to test my patience that some here think having gay characters on a colonization mission is dumb or some kind of blasphemy in the sacred world of sci-fi. Nope. Sorry. Not having it.

I'm sure phil plait, michelle thaller, degrasse tyson and a whole bunch of other scientists can point out the risks of any space colonization mission that is deliberately not bio-diverse, socio-diverse, sexually diverse etc...

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: motherfather on Feb 23, 2017, 02:24:37 PM
^ Yes. Although its really starting to test my patience that some here think having gay characters on a colonization mission is dumb or some kind of blasphemy in the sacred world of sci-fi. Nope. Sorry. Not having it.

I'm sure phil plait, michelle thaller, degrasse tyson and a whole bunch of other scientists can point out the risks of any space colonization mission that is deliberately not bio-diverse, socio-diverse, sexually diverse etc...

This.

lv_226

I think you nailed it. I am surprised at the kinds of ridiculousness that is popping up because there are two gay characters in the movie—let alone the head of security *gasp* God Forbid! ::)

slipknotpredator

LOL. So, not feeling the gay couple is bad now? Am I offending gay people because I don't like the idea of a gay couple in an alien movie?

It's just an opinion. Get over it.

I have nothing against homosexuals. I just can't find it interesting.

But I'm guessing they are having their baby... muuuhahaha

Enoch

Enoch

I don't think they ll show that aspect of those two characters in the movie.
After all we know that Bichir's character is security chief, I think we should
value people as well as characters by their capabilities, skills, personality, reasoning and charisma,
not by their sexual orientation.

Let me put it this way, Alien is a SF movie, we know they are colonist... what would happen
if the top scientist for human reproduction etc. is homosexual... you wouldnt bring such person
to top priority colonisation mission?

I m not supporter of pro homosexuality but neither against the course of nature...

Sgt. Shanx

Great clip...love the characters...they seem so REAL

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 02:41:22 PM
value people as well as characters by their capabilities, skills, personality, reasoning and charisma,

Let me put it this way, Alien is a SF movie, we know they are colonist... what would happen
if the top scientist for human reproduction ets. is homosexual... you wouldnt bring such person
to top priority colonisation mission?

Actually yes cause there could be those individuals that need relief when all the woman have been impregnated. ;)

slipknotpredator

I know what you mean. But in a 4 minute video we can already see them, kissing, saying "I love you" twice, and almost colonizing on the table haha.

Ok guys, you are gay, cool, relax, move along.

Enoch

Thats true...
This viral was conceived by Ridley who is not gay...
what could we expect from screenwriter John Logan who is gay person...

Maybe that table colonization is indeed inevitable.  ;D ;D

JokersWarPig

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Feb 23, 2017, 02:47:08 PM

I know what you mean. But in a 4 minute video we can already see them, kissing, saying "I love you" twice, and almost colonizing on the table haha.

Ok guys, you are gay, cool, relax, move along.

They're drunk, I know I've done similar stuff with any girl I've ever been in a relationship with while I've been drinking.

If it was a straight relationship would you have the same issue?

Enoch

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 23, 2017, 02:53:37 PM
They're drunk, I know I've done similar stuff with any girl I've ever been in a relationship with while I've been drinking.

If it was a straight relationship would you have the same issue?

Correct point.

slipknotpredator

And what if the shower scene was a gay couple shower scene?

Guess everybody here would be ok with it. Right? Straight couples do that too.

Timmay

Good to know they ripped off the meal scene from the first one (minus the chestburster).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed