Intertextuality in Prometheus

Started by javablue, Oct 17, 2023, 07:27:26 AM

Author
Intertextuality in Prometheus (Read 2,697 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: javablue on Oct 29, 2023, 05:14:49 AMAt any rate, if Ridley had insider info about MoS (knows Zac or his bud Russell tipped him off, etc) then an allusion would be possible.

:laugh:

SiL

SiL

Quote from: javablue on Oct 29, 2023, 05:14:49 AMI actually have tried to reply to BM79 a number of times but for some reason my reply post kept going to the bottom of my reply to you. I kept trying (including turning my computer off - that usually works doesn't it?) but to no avail. So I gave up (for the time being).
Because you can't make subsequent separate posts. They will just collect into one post unless someone else replies while you're writing the second one.

QuoteNo, the list isn't intended to find actual allusions. The list is just a list of what I consider to be allusions Ridley has used.
These are contradictory statements. Is this intended as a list of things Ridley is alluding to or not?

Why is David quoting Lawrence of Arabia an allusion to All the President's Men, and not just one of the film's many, many references to Lawrence of Arabia?

SM

SM

If they're not actual allusions why'd I get the weirdo Space Jesus response when I said I didn't think they were deliberate.

[cancerblack]

Is this thead Loss?

javablue

javablue

Quote from: SM on Oct 28, 2023, 10:19:09 PM
Quote from: javablue on Oct 27, 2023, 07:37:07 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 24, 2023, 08:41:08 PMI would guess almost none of them are deliberate.

Well, what a surprise! I'd say we have different theories about the movie and you're most likely a fan of the space Jesus theory.

Wasn't expecting such a nonsensical response. But the fact a lens flare is apparently a deliberate allusion to Predator should have given me a hint.

Nonsense begets nonsense and if there's a lens flare in a Ridley movie, it's meant to be there.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: javablue on Oct 29, 2023, 08:12:20 AMNonsense begets nonsense
I guess that's why nobody's taking your video particularly seriously.

skhellter

skhellter

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed