Who will be cast as an android in alien 5?

Started by Murfy426, Mar 12, 2015, 09:07:59 AM

Author
Who will be cast as an android in alien 5? (Read 6,125 times)

Murfy426

with everyone talking about whether if Hicks is returning and if Sharlto Coplay being cast, I wanted to start a thread on who who most likely be cast as the android. Because if its gonna be a good alien film it needs an android so was wondering who you guys would suggest? one suggestion from me would be benedict cumberbatch but that's just cause I thought he was great in the new star trek.

whiterabbit

Oh good thread. hmm the next letter is E, so maybe Ellen Ripley will be the android in Alien 5.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Murfy426 on Mar 12, 2015, 09:07:59 AM
one suggestion from me would be benedict cumberbatch but that's just cause I thought he was great in the new star trek.

Aside from him having one of those faces I want to punch for no apparent reason, he would royally vacuum up the budget. Like Henriksen, it should ideally be a relative unknown, not anyone with star power.

Besides which, it might make a nice change of pace for there to be no synthetic in this.

Local Trouble

Martin Freeman to play a younger looking model of the Ash android.

GQSioux

Lee Pace would be great.  If they do a female droid again... Tilda Swinton, please.

Deacs1973

what about Wynona Ryder to reprise her role as Call

Local Trouble

Quote from: Deacs1973 on Mar 12, 2015, 08:08:15 PM

Good idea.  Bring back the fan-favorite.

Vrastal

I really really hope this is sarcasm

Deacs1973

Quote from: Nazrel on Mar 12, 2015, 08:32:44 PM

I really really hope this is sarcasm

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

CainsSon

Tilda Swinton is great, as is Sharlto for this. My knee jerk regarding Sharlto is that he would play some Company-villain type but an android would be better perhaps. Or mayb a combo of both.
Also Tilda Swinton as a W-Y corporate Android also sounds appealing.

Intrepid-Traveler

We need someone with a thousand yard stare. Some good suggestions but I want the new android to be:

1. Not obvious
2. Creepy/Motivated like bishop in Aliens

Infected

Probably a black droid for once.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 12, 2015, 01:04:39 PM
Quote from: Murfy426 on Mar 12, 2015, 09:07:59 AM
one suggestion from me would be benedict cumberbatch but that's just cause I thought he was great in the new star trek.

Aside from him having one of those faces I want to punch for no apparent reason, he would royally vacuum up the budget. Like Henriksen, it should ideally be a relative unknown, not anyone with star power.

Besides which, it might make a nice change of pace for there to be no synthetic in this.
If they're bringing back Ripley, Hicks, Newt and Bishop... is there really any need for another android? Of course there is. It's tradition but Alien3 basically just reused Bishop for a cameo and didn't have it's own android but I guess that was too much of a change of pace for many. So naturally AV it should have an new android.

Quote from: Infected on Mar 13, 2015, 08:47:46 PM
Perhaps Parker himself?

Close Encounters

Quote from: Infected on Mar 13, 2015, 08:47:46 PM

Micheal Early from Almost Human did pretty well at playing an android.

CainsSon

CainsSon

The great STARE-requirement:

This reminds me of the first time I saw ALIEN3 in theatres... I didn't know Ripley would die in the film going in, but I DID know she was going to be impregnanted, so midway through the film, when she was having a romance with Charles Dance, I thought it would be great if he had turned out to be an android, and had some kind of bugged out-wires crossed meltdown - because he had been imprisoned with men forever... I thought, wouldn't it be great if he turned out to be an android and felt some sort of crazed paternal-Father-role toward the alien in Ripley's chest? I was imagning a really creepy scene with him cutting her open to take it out and though it would show up at some point,.. I didn't think she would die, so I was convinced when I saw the bar code on his head that all the prisoners were going to turn out to be androids. Then he died and then ripley jumped...

Anyway, CHARLES DANCE has that wicked stare... He would have made a great android.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed