Get Smart

Started by fraudinthe80s, Oct 24, 2007, 02:54:46 AM

Author
Get Smart (Read 1,094 times)

fraudinthe80s

fraudinthe80s

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/07/10/get-smart-teaser-movie-trailer/

anyone going to see it? I'll probably see it since i grew up with the show and watched it all the time.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It has Steve Carell in it, who the hell sin't going to see this?

SM

SM

Me.

fraudinthe80s

fraudinthe80s

and why not?

fluxcap

fluxcap

Hopefully this doesn't turn out like The Avengers or The Mod Squad film adaptations.

SM

SM

Quoteand why not?

1) Be lucky to go see one movie a year, and this certainly won't be it.
2) Get Smart is entertaining in small doses.
3) Nothing against Steve Carell, but Maxwell Smart is Don Adams.
4) It's yet more evidence Hollywood is creatively on life support, and I refuse to support yet another f**king remake/ rehash/ restart/ reboot/ reimagining/ retard.

Plus what fluxcap said.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

I'm thinking the Carell casting is the only thing this movie has going for it.

Apparently, Smart is a going-nowhere agent, who looks up to the agent played by The Rock. 

This is a big no-no for me.  Maxwell Smart is great because he thinks he's the best there is.

SM

SM

Who's playing 99 and Chief?

fluxcap

fluxcap

Anne Hathaway is Agent 99 and Alan Arkin is The Chief.

The_Kuff

The_Kuff

I think this movie could potentially be really good,,,, but they'll probably f**k it up.

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

run of the mill silly half arsed spy spoof stepping on the toes of naked gun,police squad,police academy and of course ripping many many films which im sure u can guess.
the best bit about the entire film is of course the very funny and much liked steve carell.his nice guy,neat,humerous,everyday bloke next door type of personality is refreshing and always welcome and thats why most of his films are good despite being average.smart is just another example of this,the plot is crap,the cast is poor (including a bored looking stamp) and the action is just the usual sterotypical stuff.the only decent parts in the film are when carell is either talking or doing something slightly stupid.
the best sequence being when he's trying to escape from his wrist binds in an airplane toilet hehe
generally a stupid pointless film thats no different to so many others of its kind,but its saved by the brilliant carell.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Not a fan of the show, so I dont intend on seeing this.

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

never seen the show but i dont think its like it.doubt it.
if u like carell then see it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed