Cthulhu the Movie!!!!

Started by chrisr232007, Jul 20, 2008, 01:28:23 AM

Author
Cthulhu the Movie!!!! (Read 1,126 times)

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Check this out looks like it might me good!!!

http://www.cthulhu-themovie.com/

What you all think?

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

How do I know this is going to be a bad movie.

avpgoeshome

avpgoeshome

the statue toy looks cool

SM

SM

The film was released last year and from all reports is another adaptation of The Shadow Over Innsmouth that has very little to do with Cthulhu.  Conversely I've heard good things about the 2005 Call Of Cthulhu silent film.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Any Lovecraft fan knows they got their stories mixed up. This is an adaptation of the story The Shadow Over Innsmouth, not The Call of Cthulhu. If you want to see a good version of this chilling story, watch Stuart Gordon's Dagon. This new movie was finished almost 2 years ago, and just got a dvd distribution so it probably isnt all that great. I will see it because Im a sucker for the mythos, but considering they changed the location (from the northeast to the midwest) and added this whole homosexual psychological vibe for filler, I dont have high hopes.

Quote from: SM on Jul 20, 2008, 11:00:48 PM
Conversely I've heard good things about the 2005 Call Of Cthulhu silent film.

Yes, that is an amazing movie. Its only like an hour long, but it the best Lovecraft adaptation on film. The same production company has another black and white movie coming out based on Lovecrafts The Whisperer in Darkness. Because this story was set in the 30's, this film is a "talkie" and has a really cool black and white goth vibe from the trailer http://www.cthulhulives.org/Whisperer/trailer.html .

SM

SM

I wrote an adaptation of Call Of Cthulhu years ago.  I was considering adapting Whisperer... too 'cos it's much smaller in scope.  Those HPLFS guys keep beating me to it!!

Undeadite

Undeadite

They may be beating you to the punch, but they are really cool people. When I used to go to Gencon annually, they would have representatives there with Cuthulhiana and would chat forever about Lovecraft.

SM

SM

I've no doubt they're cool people.  I'd love to watch the TCoC - brilliant idea to do it in black and white - one of these days when I'm cashed up enough I'll order a copy.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Its worth it, the score is fantastic and even tho there are some low production values its cool because it fits with the time line.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed