What remake will be the best?? ?

Started by Wolfpred, Jul 18, 2008, 06:35:06 PM

Which remake do you think will be the best out of these options? ? ? explain.....

Nightmare on Elm Street
6 (37.5%)
Friday the 13th
9 (56.3%)
Hellraiser
6 (37.5%)
Evil Dead (if Sam Rami desides to make it)
5 (31.3%)
Robocop?
7 (43.8%)
all of them no mater what
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author
What remake will be the best?? ? (Read 6,577 times)

ShadowPred

You should add the rest of the remakes, which are too many to f**king count at the moment.

Undeadite

Undeadite

My vote would have gone to either not making any remakes, or instead making sequels but alas this is not a perfect world so I picked hellraiser. I say this because the original was a low budget film that couldnt afford Clive Barker's vision. Yes it was close to the novella The Hellbound Heart, but some things were left out that can be done using modern technology for fairly cheap. Also, I think that even tho this movie has so many sequels, it doesnt have a definate universe so a remake wouldnt challenge too many things if it changed some concepts. Also, with Barker's The Scarlet Gospels coming soon in year or so, a successful remake could spark a movie deal for this supposed epic sequel.

Spidey3121

Why exactly is "Friday the 13th" coming out in February. True, it's coming out on a Friday the 13th, but February... not to mention that is Valentines day weekend. I'm sure many couples will find this to be a perfect "date" movie.  ::)

Why do they need a remake anyways... it's not like the sequels are drastically different from each other.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: War Wager on Jul 18, 2008, 10:23:17 PM
Holloywood ran out of good ideas years ago, I'm starting to lose all hope for the movie business in general.

There are still decent, original movies that come out now and again.

Private Hudson

I'd have to say Nightmare, Friday the 13th and Robocop.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Jul 20, 2008, 06:04:25 PM
Why exactly is "Friday the 13th" coming out in February. True, it's coming out on a Friday the 13th, but February... not to mention that is Valentines day weekend. I'm sure many couples will find this to be a perfect "date" movie.  ::)

Why do they need a remake anyways... it's not like the sequels are drastically different from each other.

Very few of the Friday movies have been released on Friday the 13th. Im guessing they are doing this specifically for valentines day and it will probably hit bank.

Huol

Huol

Just saw the first picture of the Friday the 13th remake.

Total bullshit.

What's Jason doing there?

More to the point, why is he wearing the hockey mask?!

Private Hudson

Picture? Where?

Huol

Huol

And no it's not a photoshop.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Looks like she is swimming in piss..........

Huol

Huol

Or, y'know. A lake.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Meh.

From that pic alone you can tell this will suck.

Private Hudson

Looks to me like it'll be CGI heavy. :-\

Undeadite

Undeadite

It is sorta funny, they want to remake this movie to reintroduce Jason but their major target audience (young idiots) dont know that Mrs. Voorhees is the original killer. So, to work around this obvious plot hole, they are remaking the first three films and cramming them into one movie. 50 bucks says the story goes like this: It starts with Jason as a child torturing animals or some shit, showing definate signs of mental abnormality and getting tormented while his mother babys him. She thinks getting some fresh air would be good so she puts Jason in Camp Crystal Lake but cannot stand being away from him and becomes a counselor. She gets destracted, as do the other teens who go off to do drugs and have premarital sex, and Jason drowns. Mrs. Voorhees goes crazy with the loss of her son and when the camp opens up next year she ges on a killiing spree. Time goes by, the camp reopens, Mrs. Voorhees tries to stop it but gets killed and this forces Jason to reawaken at the bottom of the lake. With her dead the teens at the camp (which at this point is probably the nerdy white boy, the hot chick and a token minority) are lulled into a false sense of security allowing Jason to easily come by and start killing them. After a few scenes of him being aquianted with murder and mayhem, Jason decides to cover is face with a burlap sack until the final scene where he goes against the hot chick and he dawns a hockey mask. Tears are spilt, blood is shed, and audiences kiss goodbye to about ten bucks.

SiL

SiL

It's a reboot, not a remake. Jason's backstory is exactly the same as it was in the original films - which means no stupid Halloween-style broken family and torture crap.

Gotta say, I like that picture from the film. Classic Friday the 13th.

Can't be worse than Jason X, Goes to Hell, or Takes Manhattan, anyway ...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed