Movie scripts

Started by MartyPredator, Jul 17, 2008, 06:43:03 PM

Author
Movie scripts (Read 1,089 times)

MartyPredator

MartyPredator

Well its to do with movies so thought it should be in here.
Where and how could ya send a movie idea of to someone eg person in Fox, 20th Centery, LionsGate  etc etc

People send emails letters and all sometimes even meet them (well stalk) But like ya how would ya send a idea of to someone high up?Like how do you get their email to send them it

SM

SM

Don't waste your time.  It's extremely rare for a studio to even open an envelope containing an unsolicited script, and for the big studios - Universal, Fox, Paramount etc. - it'll end up straight in the bin without a second thought.

Read this.  I haven't read the whole thing but it sounds similar to the stuff I've heard elsewhere over the years.

From my perspective, networking is the go.  I've built up relationships with other local filmmakers over the years and there's been a cross pollenation of different people working on different projects in different capacities.  I'm content to just make stuff I've written on my own (while also working on other's projects) till I have a decent showreel of material - whether it's screenplays, effects work, sound design, whatever - that could be shown to a production or effects house.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Yeah, start small and get noticed, make connections, and work your way up.

War Wager

War Wager

Lol, to think I was planning on writing a letter to Fox about an Alien V story. :P

SM

SM

Better to write it up as a fan fic.

War Wager

War Wager

Do Fox take notice of fan fics?

Blitzx

Blitzx

I've been meaning to ask this question although it is very unlikely. You need to build up a reputation first. Like someone else said, start small...

One name springs to mind - Quinton Tarantino.

SM

SM

I'd hardly call True Romance or Reservoir Dogs small unless you're talking about something previous to that.

QuoteDo Fox take notice of fan fics?

To my knowledge, no.

Undeadite

Undeadite

tarantino is a rare case, instead of spending money on film school he just made his own movie and sold the rights.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed