A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: Dream Child
2 (11.8%)
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare
2 (11.8%)
Wes Craven's New Nightmare
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author
Rate the Nightmare movies (Read 4,578 times)

Undeadite

Undeadite

Yeah, Nancy being alive in 3 makes the ending of 1 a dream. In any other franchise people would be pissed, but given the source material I think it works.

War Wager

War Wager

I thought she died for real at the end of the first, but I'm glad she came back. She's the most likable character and it sucked when she got killed in 3 (in a good way)

Huol

Huol

A Nightmare On Elm Street - 5/5

A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge - 3/5

A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors - 3/5

A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: Dream Master - 2/5

A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: Dream Child - 1/5

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare - 3/5

Wes Craven's New Nightmare - 2/5

Freddy vs. Jason - 4/5

Gotta go watch these again.

I can barely remember which ones which.

The new nightmare design is awful... For me anyway.
The claw glove was ruined...

It kind of annoys me because on the box set I have, the cover is dominated by new nightmare Freddy... :\

War Wager

War Wager

I have that same boxed set. I think it's great (looks at avy) infact I'm planning on getting a model kit of the New Nightmare design.

Major Alan Schaefer

I love the first three and haven't seen the rest I need to though, I love Freddies since of humor

Huol

Huol

Quote from: War Wager on Jul 18, 2008, 12:43:33 AM
I have that same boxed set. I think it's great (looks at avy) infact I'm planning on getting a model kit of the New Nightmare design.

That one.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Nightmare 1 - 5/5
Nightmare 2 - 2/5 (they should rename this one 'Brokeback Nightmare'  :P )
Nightmare 3 - 4/5
Nightmare 4 - 3/5 (I like the Alice in Wonderland vibe)
Nightmare 5 - 4/5 (love the Freddy-bike and part with the stairs)
Nightmare 6 - 0/5 (only good bit was the powerglove  ;D )
Nightmare 7 - 3/5 (good buildup but the ending sucked)
FVsJ - 4/5 (best vs movie ever)

War Wager

War Wager

I'm suprised I got around to seeing these movies, I had a 'phobia' of Freddy when I was younger. I watched 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 all on one night last week. :P Damn I was tired.

Blitzx

Blitzx

I haven't actually sat through any of them yet. Or the Friday the 13th (except Jason X) and Halloween movies. They seem to be the three classics. I've seen Freddy vs Jason though.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Huol on Jul 18, 2008, 12:39:06 AM
The new nightmare design is awful... For me anyway.
The claw glove was ruined...

Same thing for me. The design was terrible. But I guess it was to set him apart from the fictional Freddy.

Huol

Huol

Gawd I'm watching New nightmare now.

That f**king kid can't act for shit.

When he screams after Heather turns off NOES1. It's not a fearful scream. It's just a scream. The kid has no emotion to anything he does.

War Wager

War Wager

I'll agree with that ^ Heather is great though, terrific actress. I'm still a little confused on what the New Nightmare Freddy actually is. Is he the Freddy from the movies going after the characters from the movie or is he going after the actors that played them? When he attacks Heather at one point he whispers "Nancy..." I'm a little confused.

Ron Perlman fan

Ron Perlman fan

Also did you guys hear that Robert England will not be back for the Re-make that sucks :'(

Ron Perlman fan

Ron Perlman fan

Also Alice Cooper has a camio in number 6

Huol

Huol

Quote from: War Wager on Jul 18, 2008, 06:49:48 PM
I'll agree with that ^ Heather is great though, terrific actress. I'm still a little confused on what the New Nightmare Freddy actually is. Is he the Freddy from the movies going after the characters from the movie or is he going after the actors that played them? When he attacks Heather at one point he whispers "Nancy..." I'm a little confused.

Wes (in the movie) says that Freddy is actually some evil spirit that's been trapped inside the NOES stories, but now that the stories are over. (movies) The spirit is free.
But he says that the spirit has grown attached to "Freddy" which is why he appears like him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed