What makes you flinch?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 14, 2008, 04:50:19 AM

Author
What makes you flinch? (Read 6,005 times)

Undeadite

Undeadite

I was just watching Evil Dead, and no matter how many times Ive seen this movie ( and the countless others that copy it for that matter ) I always flinch at the exact same scene where Linda gets the pencil thru her ankle. I am fairly desensitized when it comes to onscreen violence, but apparently there are still a few things that get to me. So, Im asking, what kinds of things in movies make you flinch?

Personally, I hate people getting their ankles broken. When I first saw that dude in Saw 3 use the toilet lid to break his foot so he could slip the chain off, I had phantom cringes for like a week. I also cant stand people getting their fingernails ripped off, like when they are scratching something and they peel back like in the texas chainsaw remake. Oh, and eyeball mutilation gives me a headache. Anyone seen the movie Anguish? Gets me every time lol.

Scarface Predator

Scarface Predator

Cannibal Holocost....

Undeadite

Undeadite

By that, do you mean to say you hate cannibalism or animal torture? That tortoise scene made me want to cry, and those poor monkeys!  :'(

Scarface Predator

Scarface Predator

Quote from: Undeadite on Jul 14, 2008, 05:05:34 AM
By that, do you mean to say you hate cannibalism or animal torture? That tortoise scene made me want to cry, and those poor monkeys!  :'(
Both, the tortoise scene was horror

NintendoMan

NintendoMan

Dykes.  :P

SiL

SiL

Achilles' tendons being cut.

NintendoMan

NintendoMan

^Just reading that makes me flinch  :o

Zwecky

Zwecky

The scene in House of Wax when the girl puts her finger up through the grating nd the guy cuts the top of it off with pliers, nd then when she rips open her superglued lips  :-X

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Zwecky on Jul 14, 2008, 12:52:59 PM
The scene in House of Wax when the girl puts her finger up through the grating nd the guy cuts the top of it off with pliers, nd then when she rips open her superglued lips  :-X

QuoteAchilles' tendons being cut.

ditto. that stuff gives me the quivers...

War Wager

War Wager

In Saw IV where the woman is getting her scalp pulled off and when that guy pulls apart the threads holding his lips shut. A lot of stuff makes me quiver but those are the main ones.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: SiL on Jul 14, 2008, 09:08:20 AM

You and me both.

If I see any damage done to somebodies ankle on screen then my Achilles tendons feel all funny...

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

in hostel how that chick gets her eye burned off with a blow torch...that made me crynge

Iron Hide

Iron Hide

In Saw II when Amy is pushed into the pit of syringes X(. Damn that sucked.

Undeadite

Undeadite

^^^ My girlfriend at the time started to cry in the theater, and got mad at me because all I did was cringe a little.

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

Quote from: SiL on Jul 14, 2008, 09:08:20 AM

Oh yes... :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed