Stupidity and Cartoon Network: Synonymous?

Started by The Chibi Kiriyama, Jul 13, 2008, 11:45:09 PM

Author
Stupidity and Cartoon Network: Synonymous? (Read 11,900 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

I'm watching "the CN" right now, and they're playing Jurrasic Park 3 for the kiddies.

Okay, let me put that in perspective. The movie is PG-13. This movie has nothing to do with cartoons. Cartoon Network is broadcasting it. So I ask you- in light of all the brain-numbing decisions this network has made for the better part of 3 years, do you think it'll ever go back to quality programming?

Alternatively, feel free to post other reasons why they're sucking a storm, any programs that are worth a view, or any favorites from back when it was good. Heck, tell us why it doesn't suck or if it was ever good if that's what you think.

CELTICPRED

I miss the good old days of Cartoon Network.

Thundercats.
Johnny Quest
Dexter's Lab
Johnny Bravo
Gundam
08 MS Team
Gundam Wing
DBZ

The channel used to be one of my favorites. Now it's just full of shite. I don't think we'll ever get our beloved channel back.

gameoverman

I don't even watch cartoons anymore.  Cartoons are for kids unless you are one of those perverted hentai freaks.  :P

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I watch cartoons for nostalgia's sake. But because CN and Nick have become so shitastic lately, I can't even do that. I mean, half of the shows on CN now aren't even cartoons. Stupid...

It really is apparent how lowered the standard is now for all tv channels compared to 10 years ago.

Dachande

Quote from: gameoverman on Jul 14, 2008, 12:40:26 AM
I don't even watch cartoons anymore.  Cartoons are for kids unless you are one of those perverted hentai freaks.  :P

Take that back! Courage the cowardly dog, was and IS THE best cartoon ever! And i would watch it, if i ever saw it on tv >_>

chupacabras acheronsis

oh i remember watching those shows every afternoon :'(

Blitzx

Blitzx

I still have this quote in my head from all those years ago, can anyone guess which show it's from:

"Ancient spirits of Eeevil,
Transform this decayed bo-dey,
Into MUM-RAA!
THE EVER-LIVIIING!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I agree with CELTICPRED's post. Except the only Gundam series I watched was Gundam Wing. And the only thing I remember about Johnny Bravo was his gelled up, blonde hair which he would comb 24/7.

My 2 favourite channels were CN and Fox Kids (now called Jetix).

Byohzrd

Johnny Bravo, was, still is, and ever shall be the GREATEST most eligible bachelor in history. ;D

Alienseseses

Quote from: gameoverman on Jul 14, 2008, 12:40:26 AM
Simpsons, Futurama...

That Yellow Alien

Adult Swim is the only thing I watch on CN now, and even that is crap compared to the earlier days.

XenoVC

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jul 13, 2008, 11:45:09 PM
I'm watching "the CN" right now, and they're playing Jurrasic Park 3 for the kiddies.

Okay, let me put that in perspective. The movie is PG-13. This movie has nothing to do with cartoons. Cartoon Network is broadcasting it. So I ask you- in light of all the brain-numbing decisions this network has made for the better part of 3 years, do you think it'll ever go back to quality programming?

Alternatively, feel free to post other reasons why they're sucking a storm, any programs that are worth a view, or any favorites from back when it was good. Heck, tell us why it doesn't suck or if it was ever good if that's what you think.

LOL,did they edit out the blood?

Sgt. Johnson

Man Cartoons were so awesome back in the day. I watched them all in the 90's Hate most of the shit they have on there. Adult swim is the only reason to go there. God i miss the 90's

SM

QuoteStupidity and Cartoon Network: Synonymous?

Hasn't it always been like that?

Mind you my kids love the JP films and Cartoon Network.  With any luck they'll grow out of the latter.

Sgt. Johnson

I feel sorry for kids of this generation. Never had a chance of seeing good cartoons. They probally think these cartoons are the shit. Lol courage the cowardly dog will be on boomberang

Huol

I'm a child spawned in the nineties.

So for me my days where filled with:

Pokémon
Power Rangers
Street Sharks
Biker Mice from Mars
Teenage mutant hero turtles (Yes heroes)
Animaniacs
The Simpsons
Spider-man the animated series
Johnny Bravo
Dexters lab
Earthworm Jim
Ren and Stimpy
Rugrats
X-men
Batman the animated series
and any random warner bros cartoon that happened to claw it's way onto the screen.

Oh yeah, and Space Jam. Space Jam was the f**king shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed