Hancock

Started by Xenokiller, Mar 15, 2008, 10:07:38 PM

Author
Hancock (Read 16,023 times)

Tender Branson

Tender Branson

Looks like garbage to me. Sentences like-one of many, uninteresting, CGI filled, unfunny, etc. comes to mind.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Huol on Mar 29, 2008, 04:01:17 AM
I am legend? A b movie?

It became one as soon as the first cgi vampire showed up.  It was pretty ridiculous after that.

Bmovie isn't an insult btw it's just a movie that doesn't require the philosphical portion of the brain to be working.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 29, 2008, 03:48:12 AM
I like Will Smith as an actor, and I think he does well in the summer blockbuster role.  While I haven't gotten woodies from anything he's done, I can't say I didn't enjoy movies like Independance Day, I Robot, I am Legend in a b movie type of way.

Independence Day and I Robot are pretty cheesy, but I Am Legend is way too powerful to be considered a B-Movie.
Even when the CG vamps show up, the script holds, and the CG is pretty good on its own. It's just that the focus isn't exactly the same on them as the backround, so they seem like softened CG baddies.

And B-Movie implies it was made on the cheap, as well. Or at least it used to.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It's not just a cheaply made film.  Alien and Terminator are never mentioned as being b movies.  It's usually a cheaply made film where you don't have to exercise your brain but still manages to entertain.

However if you look at reviews big budget motion pictures like Independence day are referenced the same way.

Didn't find I am legend particularly powerful.  Maybe because they took out Will Smith being the "Legend" to the vampires. 

It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't great, which it could've been if the second half of the movie had been like the first.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 30, 2008, 01:17:35 AM
It's not just a cheaply made film.  Alien and Terminator are never mentioned as being b movies.  It's usually a cheaply made film where you don't have to exercise your brain but still manages to entertain.

However if you look at reviews big budget motion pictures like Independence day are referenced the same way.
Hence the

Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 30, 2008, 12:38:20 AM
And B-Movie implies it was made on the cheap, as well. Or at least it used to.
Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 30, 2008, 01:17:35 AM
Didn't find I am legend particularly powerful.  Maybe because they took out Will Smith being the "Legend" to the vampires. 

It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't great, which it could've been if the second half of the movie had been like the first.
I thought the script, coupled with the effects, directing, acting and musical score made it very powerful.
The movie slowed down after the dog's exit, sure, but it didn't crash and burn.

The whole 'legend to the vamps' being taken out doesn't make it less powerful, just not ironic.
Though the alternate ending shows something similar.

SPOILER

They only go into his house for the one he abducted, then leave him alone. He also looks at the pictures on his wall of the infecteds he killed through experimentation, and sees that they are afraid of him.

The scene where he abducts the woman shows the alpha run out crying. It's quick, but it's there. Maybe the alpha knew that there was this guy who abducts vamps, and now it's his girl. Hence the storming his house. He doesn't want this guy to take his girl.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I've seen the alternate version.  I'm not saying its a bad movie, but it is decidely popcorn imo.  And I really had NO problem with the first half of the movie.  Even when the cgi vampire showed up in the dark.  Or the bear trap.

But the two people that showed up and were given twenty minutes of screentime and the houseattack where the vampires acted like ants just ruined would could've been a great thriller.  I do think the alternate ending helped the second half of the movie.......but not so much that it could forgive some of its other failings.

Not bad by any means.  But nowhere near as good as it could've been.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

What happened in the alternate ending? ???

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Read my last post.

KARHAN

KARHAN

Just watched the trailer..pretty funny sh*t, specially thw whale thing :P

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

Looks pretty funny and it looks like the plot is interesting as well, I just hope that im not wrong.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Damn...that's a surprise.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

This movie reminds me of Crankdown.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Judging from the new trailer, I think I'll probably enjoy Hancock.

But did they really have to ruin who the villain was in the trailer?  They just can't help themselves, can they?

Thanks a lot, douchebag trailer-guys.   ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed