brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 154,851 times)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

It's mainly the legs that look bulkier here, and so far we haven't gotten a good shot of those.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Fair enough...I still contend that getting worried about Prometheus as a whole based on different looking space suits is pedestrian. :) :) lol

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 25, 2011, 02:53:35 PM
Problem with those is they have to be perfectly form fitting. Otherwise the skin will literally expand to fill in the empty spaces, which is quite problematic when you think about armpits or breasts.

Although, they are finding ways to solve that problem.

Not sure if you are aware...but NASA's current EVA suit (Extravehicular Mobility Unit -- EMU) is pretty much tailor made for each individual astronaut.  The hardshell chest (HUT -- Hard Upper Torso) is prefabricated to various standard sizes, and is in a sense "modular", as well as the helmets...but almost everything else is literally custom fit to the intended wearer / Astronaut, including the sleeves, Lower torso, boots, and most importantly the gloves.  And that doesn't even include the LCG (Liquid Cooling and Ventilation UnderGarment), which is form fit to each Astronaut.

However, I certainly agree with you that the ultimate goal is to develop a suit that is, to a high degree "scalable" and modular, so that there isn't so much intense and unique customization required to any given suit / astronaut pairing.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Nov 25, 2011, 06:45:15 PM
It's mainly the legs that look bulkier here, and so far we haven't gotten a good shot of those.

Because it's the shot of a woman, worn in that skinny-padded suit, propotrions between shoulders (remember, there are pads over them here), torso and hips say so.
:)

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: aliennaire on Nov 25, 2011, 09:54:49 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Nov 25, 2011, 06:45:15 PM

Because it's the shot of a woman, worn in that skinny-padded suit, propotrions between shoulders (remember, there are pads over them here), torso and hips say so.
:)

I actually think it's Fassbender...

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: SiL on Nov 25, 2011, 05:43:40 AM
Simplest explanation is they're SCUBA suits for alien atmospheres (so technically SCABA or just SCBA suits).

They do look a lot like futuristic wetsuits!  I hope you're right.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Glaive on Nov 25, 2011, 10:52:31 PM
I actually think it's Fassbender...

Might be him, if you consider the perspective, where the legs are closer to cam and the head is farther from it. The film will answer :)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

That could be it, I guess, if you take in what we've already seen in the leaked footage and Comic Con people's accounts, where the figure is kinda falling away from the camera.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Nov 25, 2011, 04:35:31 AM
My excuse for the suits in general - EVA suit for an environment that is generally stable, maybe not for use in space.  The Nostromo suits are much more armored and rough, and seem to be built for withstanding space debris and trekking around Thedus.

Yeah, that's what I put in my earlier reply: Nostromo had protective suits for EVA in all manner of dangerous vacuum environments (I could see them having to maybe do repairs to the outer hull if getting hit by something in an astroid field it was picking up ore from, for example), whereas these ones might purely be environmental suits. Not designed for space-walking, but just trundling around on/in a planet/ship with different atmospheric content.

If they present them as they only suits they have, then, as I say, it's going to be problematic when you view the films on order.

Only needs seeing a bulkier one somewhere in storage, like how you saw guns on the Nostromo in storage, just not being used.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I might have subconciously stole your comment.   ;)  But yeah, for sure.

These guys are still a tiny bit bulky, but relatively slim compared to what the crew used on LV-426.  This would be the reverse of what you have in mind about larger suits in storage, I suppose.

PREDDY VEDDER

PREDDY VEDDER

Quote from: Ivymike on Nov 25, 2011, 02:54:32 PM
There´s no doubt that Prometheus is connected with A L I E N,but i´ll watch  this film with an open mind.
The future will tell us if Ridley was wrong or not. :)
[/quote
ripley's a ride or die bitch wrong or right

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: PREDDY VEDDER on Nov 26, 2011, 03:22:49 AM
There´s no doubt that Prometheus is connected with A L I E N,but i´ll watch  this film with an open mind.
[/quote

Could you elaborate on what you mean?

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Nov 26, 2011, 03:25:36 AM
Quote from: PREDDY VEDDER on Nov 26, 2011, 03:22:49 AM
[/quote

Could you elaborate on what you mean?
ould we please stop speaking inside quotes?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, please do guys. Let's keep it visually pretty and not confusing for people. Thanks.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Sorry, I fixed it.

Spoiler
Though I know this isn't the right place to mention, but saying how visually confusing things are when you guys share the similiar avatars is a bit ironic.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed