Silent Hill

Started by Mystic Lemons, Dec 10, 2006, 02:28:04 PM

Author
Silent Hill (Read 67,828 times)

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

I was excited for all of them... except for Ascension.. which apparently is also from Bad Robot Games... so... my interest in that one has diminished. But who knows?

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Slient hill F is from one of my favourite mystery writers

PredBabe

PredBabe

Pretty exciting news!

The trailers for Silent Hill Townfall and Silent Hill F look intriguing. Silent Hill F is definitely giving me some Midsommar and Forbidden Siren vibes. Love the incorporation of the classic soundtrack.

Should have seen it coming that they'd remake SH2.
Stoked to see how Konami handles that one and having the chance to experience it on the newer consoles.

As for Return to Silent Hill, while video game movies are never promising, I feel like the first SH movie was one of the best attempts of adapting a video game to film so this has me pretty excited as well. As crappy as the 3D sequel was, I'm glad to hear Christopher Gans will at least be involved again for the next one.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: PredBabe on Oct 24, 2022, 12:53:38 PMAs for Return to Silent Hill, while video game movies are never promising, I feel like the first SH movie was one of the best attempts of adapting a video game to film so this has me pretty excited as well. As crappy as the 3D sequel was, I'm glad to hear Christopher Gans will at least be involved again for the next one.

100 % agree! I've always been a big defender of the first film. It was actually my introduction to the series, believe it or not lol. Based on a lot of the behind the scenes stuff on the making of the film, you can tell that Gans is passionate and has a lot of respect for the games. I think it shines through in the film as well.

I'm really excited to hear that he's doing another film based on the games, and even more so that it's an adaptation of 2!

Silent Hill Revelations 3D, well...we don't gotta talk about that lol

Stitch

Stitch

I'm looking forward to seeing all these come out, though I'm a little wary of the remake, simply because The Medium was so lacklustre.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah are we getting Observer Bloober?

Or are we getting "if you were raped you deserved it and should kill yourself" Bloober?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I have never played a Silent Hill game.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Oct 25, 2022, 02:28:24 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Oct 24, 2022, 12:53:38 PMAs for Return to Silent Hill, while video game movies are never promising, I feel like the first SH movie was one of the best attempts of adapting a video game to film so this has me pretty excited as well. As crappy as the 3D sequel was, I'm glad to hear Christopher Gans will at least be involved again for the next one.

100 % agree! I've always been a big defender of the first film. It was actually my introduction to the series, believe it or not lol. Based on a lot of the behind the scenes stuff on the making of the film, you can tell that Gans is passionate and has a lot of respect for the games. I think it shines through in the film as well.

I'm really excited to hear that he's doing another film based on the games, and even more so that it's an adaptation of 2!

Silent Hill Revelations 3D, well...we don't gotta talk about that lol

Exactly, he clearly has passion for the series which does shine through in the first movie.

I'm not too sure how well they will adapt SH2's story. Specifically, if it involves the same characters from the first movie, then it probably won't accomplish the twist the game had at the end. We shall see though.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 26, 2022, 08:17:41 AMI have never played a Silent Hill game.
Well nows your chance! SH2 is generally a fan favorite.

Personally, SH4 is my favorite of the series. Its story was inspired by a newspaper article found in SH2... now I want to revisit the originals!  :P

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 26, 2022, 08:17:41 AMI have never played a Silent Hill game.
You should fix that post haste

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Just reached the Historical Society in Silent Hill 2 (playing the Enhanced Edition on PC) and I am absolutely adoring this. This is my first playthrough of SH2, and my second experience with the franchise overall (my first being P.T. back when that dropped). Silent Hill 2 is living up to every bit of its reputation so far, I can't get enough of every nerve-racking second of it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 14, 2022, 04:38:43 PMJust reached the Historical Society in Silent Hill 2 (playing the Enhanced Edition on PC) and I am absolutely adoring this. This is my first playthrough of SH2, and my second experience with the franchise overall (my first being P.T. back when that dropped). Silent Hill 2 is living up to every bit of its reputation so far, I can't get enough of every nerve-racking second of it.

How lost did you get in the apartments?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 14, 2022, 11:54:18 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 14, 2022, 04:38:43 PMJust reached the Historical Society in Silent Hill 2 (playing the Enhanced Edition on PC) and I am absolutely adoring this. This is my first playthrough of SH2, and my second experience with the franchise overall (my first being P.T. back when that dropped). Silent Hill 2 is living up to every bit of its reputation so far, I can't get enough of every nerve-racking second of it.

There was a lot of running in circles through the first one for sure, but I actually blew through the second one relatively quickly.

The hospital was pretty brutal, though. :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 15, 2022, 12:11:14 AM

There was a lot of running in circles through the first one for sure, but I actually blew through the second one relatively quickly.

I remember jumping back and forth between the two apartment buildings because I missed one of the coins. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 15, 2022, 12:30:37 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 15, 2022, 12:11:14 AM

I remember jumping back and forth between the two apartment buildings because I missed one of the coins. :laugh:

I actually got lucky and had all three of them by the time I reached the second apartment, though the trash chute portion of the coin retrieval was maddening. It was pretty much by accident that I realized the juice thing.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The juice thing had me wandering in circles for hours, dwelling on my items to see if I missed something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed